Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 13th, 2006, 02:53 PM

Turtleboy has disabled reputation
Valguard.

Alot of people think this guys sucks but IMO hes a great hero.

Read his ablility FIRST ASSULT, hes not made to brawl, hes made to run up and slow down / wound heros that are coming foward. Imagine him on height, and his he comes in, hits Mimring, Krug, or someone else for 6. He stops them, hits them hard and has 7 life to stay there for a while.

Imo, when used right Valgaurd is a beast.

Old June 13th, 2006, 03:06 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
My favorite unused hero!

I think a lot of players are waiting for some help for Valguard (like the hypothetical Dreadgulls squad.)

Your suggestion is to put him to use much like I use Major X-17 with Sudema behind him. That may be a good use for him. I may try it.
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I haven't had a chance to play him yet, but I am planning on doing some gaming tommorrow with the new automated Heroscape rules so perhaps I will throw him in there and see how he does.

[Sidebar]
I edited the title to spell his name right
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:36 PM

vjoe_udo has disabled reputation
From Hasbro's tips&tricks page. Of course, I don't have either figure.

If you draft Saylind with Valguard, you don't have to be worried about crowds. She can stay just out of the fray, and use her Spear of Summoning to whisk Valguard away from the engagements with no leaving engagement attacks! This way, he can run back into the skirmish the next turn, causing even more damage. It's rather fun to do this to an opponent. As soon as they think they have Valguard where they want him, you can summon him out and watch them squirm while he rushes back in for more. You can also use Saylind early to fly out into the battlefield, and then summon Valguard. He will be that much closer to the battle, and she can be in a prime location to summon him back if needed. This strategy works especially well with maps that have a lot of inclines that would slow Valguard down.
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
One other thing that might be worthy to note is that he is a Warlord. So he bonds with the Romans
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:55 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
He also bonds with the Greeks. Of course then you have to be playing the Greeks.

Old June 13th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibberish_47
He also bonds with the Greeks. Of course then you have to be playing the Greeks.
Yeah, I meant those too, forgot about to put that in my post. I haven't played the Greeks yet.

[Sidebar]
Oh man don't puke...its only gonna make me have to.....pu....too late...
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:56 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
I have rolled three perfect five rolls with him making him one of my favorite heroes.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old June 13th, 2006, 04:39 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
The fact that Valguard is a Warlord and can be bonded with Greeks or Romans bugs me a lot.
I posted a bit about that in the other thread about Romans and other poorly concieved units.

He needs his own squad to bond with:
The Dreadgulls!

Maybe they can be a little different...they could have Wild Hero Bonding - that would work with Valguard, Sudema, MeBurqSa, and Nerak. And the Swog Riders, I guess, unless it is Wild Unique Hero Bonding.
Old June 14th, 2006, 08:17 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
I agree, if used right he's quite valuable.

I usually use him for "clean up".

Engage your enemys heros with some squads to occupy and damage the hero.
Then rush in with Val and finish em off.

If your using greeks or romans you can use bonding to run Val in at the "right" time, so if he doesn't kill the hero he has some backup.

(In chess the pawns go first)......
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:00 AM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibberish_47
Actually, if you're gonna be using a Disciplined army (that's a big if, agreed), the Greeks are a about equal to the romans. (+1 defense all the time is worth about +0-to-+2, really)

Tossing in Parmenio (again, something that could be considered a sacrifice) makes the occasional Defy Death (when Parmenion is close) the main distinguishing factor between the two cards. Of course, as a long-range offensive force this won't change much (cause you won't have time to bring in both Marcus and Parm) but as a home base defense army, they're nice. Defy Death is just about the best anti-Jotun defense in the game. (unless you're thinking of standing on a very high peak with a ranged weapon)

By respect for your fellow posters, please refrain from gratuitous use of the terms "******", "****", "****", "*****", "***", "****", "***", "******", "******" and "GenCon exclusive".
Old June 14th, 2006, 02:23 PM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'll take Allistair over Valguard almost anyday

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units