Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old October 3rd, 2006, 08:00 PM

Turtleboy has disabled reputation
MMO's and a bit of advice

You know guys my buddy just gave me a wake up call.

in short the avrage video game is 50 bucks, and then about 20-50 hours and then its done.

But i play WoW, wow isnt just any MMO its a very addicting one.

8000 hours and 380 for 2 years of the SAME game....

Im always wanting to play another game but wow has me hooked.

8000 hours of my life, or 333 .33 days. Almost one of year of my life has been sitting on my ass playing this game.

So as a bit of adivice, if you ever decide to start an MMO, just think about it.

Old October 3rd, 2006, 08:02 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
That's why I don't get into MMOs.

Regular video games suit me just fine. It won't last as long, so I'll be bored, and read a book or something.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 08:09 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
have you seen www.purepwnage.com?

I reccommend watching the whole thing, but they mention Wow from about episode 6 on. They are also the ones behind the 'World of Warcraft is a feeling' video.

Yeah dude, you should take this momentum and run with it. Give your crap to friends and delete your char. Welcome back to life.

"I've lost a lot of good friends to Wow. some of them come back, but they're not the same."

-paraphrasing FPS Doug

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 08:30 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Quitting everquest back in the day was a life affirming experience for me. Suddenly the world became a much more beautiful place.

Do it! Reclaim your life from the tyranny of Pavlovian impulse. Take up aluminum sculpting. Learn to play the mellotron. Read up on super string theory. Take a deep sea rover down into a oceanic trench.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 09:14 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Um, yikes! There's only been about 17,500 total hours since WoW was released. 8,000/17,500 = almost 50% of your total time, 11 hours per day!

I'm... impressed.

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:39 PM

D-Dyzzle has disabled reputation
i like mmo's but i play only hs and dnd now
Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:52 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
Why not just go and download Silk Road Online. Its basically the same game and you dont have to pay a monthly fee.

My bro used to play WoW until Silk Road and now he cancelled.

MMORPG's that make you pay are just ripping you off. There are tons of those games out there that don't charge a monthly fee.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old October 4th, 2006, 10:22 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
The benifit of that monthly fee with most MMO's (especially WoW), is that they regularly add new content, and continually maintain and upgrade their servers. No other types of games can say that. (guild Wars has no monthly fee, but you have to buy the extra content if you want to use any of it).

TB, wanna see something really scary? Next time you're playing WoW, log in as your main charactor and type "/played" (no quotes).

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old October 4th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
TB, wanna see something really scary? Next time you're playing WoW, log in as your main charactor and type "/played" (no quotes).
As someone who has never played one of these games, what does "/played" do?

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 4th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Quote:

Jim
It'll give you your time played on that char.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old October 4th, 2006, 11:24 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Quote:

Jim
It'll give you your time played on that char.
Right down to the second. Also tells you how long you've played at your current lvl.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old October 4th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I've played WoW now for almost as long as it's been public. The other MMO's played include EQ, DAoC, CoH/CoV. The thing to do is to set a time limit each time you sit down (using an egg timer or an electronic alarm) and use that to regulate your game play. I've spent a Saturday or two playing all day but not all the time. It's enjoyable but make sure to have other hobbies and take a break from it regularly. Most people bash these games as a waste of time but then waste their time on other hobbies. As long as it doesn't overtake your life, it's not a bad thing but heck, anything can do that. It's all about balance. Keep everything in perspective and in balance (homework, excercise, work, family, spiritual matters and having fun)...too much of anything can be a bad thing.

Just my .02.

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General