Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old June 13th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: FIFA World Cup 2010 thread - Predictions and game discus

From what I've seen, since, of the replays, it was a softer shot than I'd originally thought (power-wise), so in that regard, it was nearly all blunder that caused the goal (sadly for the Brits).

However, the only place where I think our defense was sub-par was on attacks near the Penalty box that pushed past our outside cornerbacks (primarily Bocanegra). Lennon was the cause of nearly all their dangerous little through balls in the penalty box. It is surprising to me that we didn't get burned on at least 1 or 2 of them. That needs to be fixed. Elsewhere on defense we were fine. But (of course) that's a key problem so hopefully they fix these issues going forward.

Slovenia was gifted the group lead today by yet another GK blunder, so now they're certain to sit back and just play defense against us, content for the draw. The USA will almost certainly have to start the scoring quickly to have a good chance in this group. This next game is absolutely critical for us.

For my money, Algeria looked far better than Slovenia but as is frequently the case with Algerian sides, they have terribly discipline and temper issues.
Old June 13th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about the Ghana/Serbia game? That was an entertaining one to watch. I was rooting for Ghana, and was thrilled to see the win it. They both had alot of offense which was nice to see, compared to the rather dull Solvenia/Algeria game. One thing I have noticed is that there is alot of unnecessary air balls. There are passes that can be made on the ground, and instead they put them with a skip which with the wet grass and the Jubalani ball, it becomes a nightmare. I can't wait for the Germany game, it is nice to see the games with big names in them simply because they are more entertaining to watch.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 13th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Well I'm not entirely sure I feel the same way about the big-name teams - they already get far too much press and far too much respect. It's time for other teams to start pressing their claims on the world stage. If I see another Brazil vs. Any other big-name team Final event, it'll be too soon.

It just gets old. It's the same reason I'm bored of the EPL, no parity at all. Same old teams: Man U, Chelsea, maybe Liverpool, and Arsenal. Yawn.

I thought that the Aussies, despite the crappy result and terribly red card (just an awful call, too), showed some dangerous attacking moves and mentality in the final third but the game just got away from them on defense - that's clearly a really huge weak spot for them.

They shouldn't hang their heads though, they can still advance with some good results in their final two games.

I like the way Ghana played but I still don't think they have what it takes to go too far, sadly. I think Serbia definitely could advance if they get their act together - it was a tough first game for them with some uncharacteristic mistakes.

For the record, I find Germany's style of play incredibly annoying and boring.
Old June 16th, 2010, 06:29 PM

Tupiniquim has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
For the record, I find Germany's style of play incredibly annoying and boring.
Playing that style took them to 6 World Cup finals. As we say in Brazil, "the Germans play something that resembles soccer but this something works for them".

Now waiting for 2014!
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:47 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

This German team seems more attacking than previous incarnations. I am biased as I have family in Germany and root for them above all but USA. I love watching Klose score with his head and Podolski's goal was magnificent.
Old June 17th, 2010, 04:31 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

Wow France just lost, one of Mexico's biggest wins in their cup history. Hopefully this leads to a nice run in 2010
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

WTF? NO MOVE to the ball from Howard? That shot was pretty routine.
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Messy Eater

And we just lost the effing game. So pathetic - I could not care less what the score is, we're still the better team than Slovenia. Talk about some ****ty play on our part. So lame. I could tell from the beginning of the game that we simply weren't playing well nor do we look like we have any real enthusiasm or energy.

Looks like we're out of the world cup and my interest in the tournament just dropped a crapload. It's just not the same once you're team chokes so badly early on. It'd be different if we actually performed well, made it to the Knockout stages but lost to a powerful team. This result is just shameful. So effing lame.
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Agreed. Another poor attempt from Howard on that breakaway. Looked like a dead fish.

All that after a few fantastic scoring chances that got me pretty excited.
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Why is it that everytime I read through this thread I hear a loud, constant buzzing sound?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, frikking stupid. I mean, Howard had no chance on the first shot, but WTF, why is the middle letting the freaking shooter walk right down the middle and drive a shot like that? And we have all these great opportunities, and then we watch as they beat us with a counter attack. Oh my Christ, could we suck any more. I swear, Bradley's son is just a massive liability to the team. He does not play team soccer and is weak in the defensive middle of the field. Hopefully we score at least 1 in the second half. By my calculations, if we end the game here down by 2, then our GD is -2. I assume England will beat Algeria by 2-3 goals, giving them a +3. The only way we can go on is if Slovenia beats England, which would make them go down to a +2, and us beat Algeria by 5 goals. Yeah right. We are out unless we can some how come back in this game.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 18th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Messy Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Why is it that everytime I read through this thread I hear a loud, constant buzzing sound?
Because you like to whine about stuff that's been griped about already ad nauseum?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General