Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:23 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Possible Twin Cities Wave 9 Release Tourney - Need Opinions!

Hey Twin Cities HeroScapers,

I'm considering hosting a Wave 9 Release tournament sometime in August (probably over the GenCon period since I can't afford to go this year). I'd love to get some feedback to see if it might be feasible and hear some opinions about how to swing it, if numbers look decent.

So far I'm thinking about having it at the Outpost 2000 which has moved to Northwest Blvd & Foley here in Coon Rapids. It's a nice store - nothing fancy but we'd be able to have the place to ourselves, I'd guess, so it shouldn't be too crowded. Lots of food places within 30 seconds walking distance (literally) so we could even have a short food break in-between the middle rounds.

Cost would be the usual $10, I'd imagine.

About the tourney itself, I'm thinking of the following rules and rules ideas:

1. No glyphs - this keeps tourney admin much easier in-between rounds as you don't have to reset glyphs all the time AND it's one less thing to worry about having enough of, for the tourney.
2. Special FOG/MIST/SMOKE terrain tiles - these hex tiles allow units to move through them while not allowing Ranged attacks to target the units within those terrain hexes - and units on these terrain hexes cannot fire out of the FOG/MIST/SMOKE, either. This helps cut-back a tiny bit on all the range we always see at tournaments without really penalizing ranged armies. It's basically the missing terrain type in the game (unfortunately) so it'd be really interesting to see how it could make things more lively at the tournament level. I would provide these tiles and adjust maps accordingly.

3. This would be the usual 1v1 tournament, most likely 5-rounds, using the normal way of scoring and match-making for players.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I'll probably need at least 15-20 maps and I have hardly the terrain I used to have so I'd definitely need outside help with providing terrain and set-up. If we're really lucky, Outpost might allow us to set-up the evening before and just leave the maps overnight - which would be far easier, imho.

Now, I haven't contacted Outpost 2000 yet so please don't go calling them about the tourney; I need to see what they would charge us to host it and what their schedule would allow as far as windows to have this tournament before confirming anything.

Discuss.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Possible Twin Cities Wave 9 Release Tourney - Need Opini

Well I guess no one's interested - kinda weird but okay. LOL
Old June 23rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmmm...Possibly. I THINK I'd be able to make it, but I'd have to double check for sure. It'd be fun to play some competetive Mono y Mono games for the first time since September. I'll get back to you on this.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I may enjoy my first tourney. The smoke makes my 10th Reg army shiver in their red coats though....

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Speaking of the smoke/fog/mist, I'm guessing that they'll be marked very clearly?

I might be able to throw a map or two your way. I have 2 Jungles, 1 of each MS, and a Castle, for future reference.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 01:58 PM

Nikmis Woo who?

I'd be interested as long as it isnt the weekend of the 14-17th as I have out of state relatives visiting.

I have tons of terrain and I'm fairly close to Coon Rapids. I have 3 of each master set and terrain expansions (Tundra, VW, TJ, RTFF), and like 6+ castle sets.

The fog/smoke rules sound like fun.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 02:17 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

I'd like this. Unfortunately, I'm out of state Aug 1-2, 8-9, and 22-23, which make August a tough month for me.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Oh, I just realized my parents are off to Vegas the 3-7, or so. School starts on the 20th. So Maybe not for me. I dunno.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Messy Eater

Maybe we could switch this to the last week in July?
Old June 23rd, 2009, 04:14 PM

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Hoju's thing is then, it would be fine with me but two in a week seems like a lot. I would love to go and I probably can either time.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
Messy Eater

Well I'd imagine that Hoju would probably not mind working with me on the date of the casual day. I.e. we could probably get dates moved around or something.

Or if it's too big of a hassle, we can skip it. No skin off my teeth, really.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 04:27 PM

How bout' a weekend on September? My school starts on September 8th (haha Elffy ) so any weekday after that I probably couldn't, but don't schedule it around me. Just tell me what happens .
Thanks,
Tuba

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events