Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 11th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: banned/limited list

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2ua7 View Post
I generally frown on limiting what characters can be picked, although I do throw a minor temper tantram when both my opponents (usually play teams) pick the AE..... But for the most part there is no point in limiting the figures that can and cannot be used in the game, it takes away from the challenge....

Maybe I'll try that....
"ok, you can only use Marcu...." lol....
Just as a little aside, Teammates can't have the same unique figures. Opposing teams can, but not teammates.
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:15 PM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

At my table, we encourage units that are overused by certain people to be retired temporarily to let other people get a chance to draft them.

But I would hate to see anything banned or even restricted.

We try and encourage even the most unpopular units to be drafted to see some play time and hopefully gain respect.
Old June 11th, 2008, 11:48 PM

oni is surprisingly tart

I'm all for Band units. The MacDirk Warriors could use a Piper to boost their Attack. Or a Flute player for the 4th Mass.

How about a Demon guitar player. And a Starchild, Spaceman, and Catman? That would rock!

Maybe give Utgar a Tuba player.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:07 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni View Post
I'm all for Band units. The MacDirk Warriors could use a Piper to boost their Attack. Or a Flute player for the 4th Mass.

How about a Demon guitar player. And a Starchild, Spaceman, and Catman? That would rock!

Maybe give Utgar a Tuba player.
Nice pun. I made a custom rocker for Vydar a while back...I'm too lazy to fish out the link. All joking aside, musical units would be sweet.
Old June 12th, 2008, 12:22 AM

Hal0fan117 is surprisingly tart

I'd think Vydar would be the one with the tuba.

2013, Still alive.
Old June 12th, 2008, 03:17 AM

Dragonranger Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar Gen. View Post
Banned?!?!? I'm gonna have nightmares just THINKING about it... Poor Spartacus could end up banned just for being unpopular... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
I think Taelord gets that honor before Spartacus.

"Come with me in the twilight of a summer night for a while, tell me of a story never ever told in the past. Take me back to the land where my yearnings were born, the key to open the door is in your heart, now take me there... to the land of twilight." ~"Key of the Twilight"
Old June 12th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majai of Dreams View Post
At my table, we encourage units that are overused by certain people to be retired temporarily to let other people get a chance to draft them.

But I would hate to see anything banned or even restricted.

We try and encourage even the most unpopular units to be drafted to see some play time and hopefully gain respect.
Yea, to mix it up, sure. You don't learn if you don't use different units.

As a general rule? Well I ban the use of all units I don't have... but that's because we only play with my stuff.
Old June 12th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I'm all for Band units. The MacDirk Warriors could use a Piper to boost their Attack. Or a Fife player for the 4th Mass.
Fixed.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:00 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

For house games I have no problem with setting limits.

That being said, I am with the majority here when it comes to tournament play. With Wizards taking control of development and distribution already, and likely competitive play very soon, if they start banning or limiting armies I may just quit playing in tournaments all together.

Understand this, I was the first to organize tournaments in Michigan and have held events that were atypical in design with strange house rules, or pre-made armies. I have uesd the Q9 - Raelin combo in a tournament (once and only in my first one) and have no plans on using it again.

From what I have seen while some armies/combos/figures are seen more frequently in competitive play using then does not increase the likelihood of winning. In other words, the game is balanced and as long as it stays that way I will still support it.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:05 AM

Hatchetbill has disabled reputation

There's obviously no definite concensus so you need to work out how your game table is going to work. The game should be fun for all people at your table but if, for example, someone drafting Q9 is going to detract from that (and he often does, especially for new players) then maybe you should remove him from your draft for a bit.

We've been tempted to ban some of the units that seems a little overpowered (Q9 and 4th Mass) but instead we just agree to rarely draft them.

The main reason for this is not that they are invincible but they tend to force a predictible draft. For example Drake or Krav always follows 4th mass in a draft. These "overpowered" units have a smaller pool of reliable counterdrafts than most other units so when they are picked we end up playing the same game with the same figs and I think thats contrary to the spirit of Heroscape which, for us, is diversity.

I like playing with all my figures and if both teams agree to use a few B or C units then its still an evenly matched game. I didn't by all those packs of Greeks and Vipers so I could never use them.
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:32 AM

MarioFanaticXV Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Banned figures and units? What do you think this is? Some lame CCG?
I believe you mean "Some once great CCG that we now must ruin because the average player cannot construct a deck of adequate quality, despite the combo being difficult to pull off. Also, the one and only card that SHOULD be banned from the game will be given no restrictions."

RIP Duel Monsters
Death to Psychic Jinzo.

Last edited by MarioFanaticXV; June 14th, 2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old June 12th, 2008, 09:56 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
I'm all for Band units. The MacDirk Warriors could use a bag-piper to boost their Attack. Or a Fife player for the 4th Mass.
Fixed.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal0fan117 View Post
I'd think Vydar would be the one with the keytar.
Double fixed.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion