Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old April 1st, 2020, 11:07 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: NEW CONTEST - The Spartan Scrolls

Hey cool! Another submission! Thanks @Herofly !

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 2nd, 2020, 02:19 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I might as well post it since it's done, in case I for some reason can't find the time to this weekend. My second submission is an Ice map called Parallel:

Parallel:

Download

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler Alert!

It requires 1 RotV and 1 TT, with 2 random Power Glyphs. No water tiles are needed. Snow/Ice rules are simply normal for both.

Backstory:
Spoiler Alert!

I actually made this map in one sitting, late the other night. The only thing I was debating for awhile was the placement of the ice in the middle. I also couldn't come up with a name for it haha, but I think Parallel is perfect.

This might be my favorite Tundra map I've made so far, so I'm stoked to be able to enter it into a contest.

Last edited by Cleon; April 2nd, 2020 at 02:35 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 10:33 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Woot! Another submission!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 2nd, 2020, 05:42 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

And my second submission! This map keeps surprising me with how balanced it's felt to play on. It does have preset power-side up glyphs, but recommends a roll-off before placing figures to see which glyph will be in which location, all details of which are in the build file. I've had 5 great games on it so far and with the deadline approaching and no other inspirations at the moment I present:

Fen Hydro
Requires: 1 SotM and 1 TJ

Backstory: After descending into the bog dappled valleys from the Quilato Mountain Range, you make camp near some of the only fresh water you’ve seen in miles, but there’s a fetid smell to this fen. You see a bluff nearby that would give you a good vantage point, but as you ascend it, the earth shifts against your steps. You begin to realize this hill is nothing but a massive midden and judging by the panoply of bones jutting from the disturbed soil, whatever creature has been hunting here is indiscriminate of its prey. You begin to consider that you may be next.

Additional photos:
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 2nd, 2020, 06:04 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Thank you for the submission! Forgot to give feedback on this before...but if I had anything glaring to say I would have said it, so that's a good sign I actually do like it a lot, well done!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 2nd, 2020, 06:20 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Thank you for the submission! Forgot to give feedback on this before...but if I had anything glaring to say I would have said it, so that's a good sign I actually do like it a lot, well done!
Hey, that is a good sign! I know the start zones on this map look pretty odd, but I promise (at least in my multiple playthroughs) that developing out of the SZs on this map really funnels units in a way that suits the map and glyph locations, and nearly every hex saw action every game. Hopefully others will have as much fun as my house has had on it.
Old April 3rd, 2020, 12:46 PM

Just 5 Days left before the contest closes.

Keep those submissions coming!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 3rd, 2020, 07:31 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice submissions Ulysses and Cleon! More maps = more fun!
Old April 3rd, 2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Nice submissions Ulysses and Cleon! More maps = more fun!
Thanks! I hope we get a flood of last minute submissions!
Old April 7th, 2020, 05:48 PM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!

My first ever submission for an ARV contest ... wish me luck!

Durgeth Promenade by Longy418

Requires SotM and RttFF

Backstory: Don't even think about taking a gentle stroll on this promenade through the Durgeth Swamps ... raiders, beasts, banshees, and trolls are said to lurk among the murky waters. Beware!
Old April 7th, 2020, 06:17 PM

Nicely done! Thank you for the submission!!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 7th, 2020, 10:26 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wasn't able to tinker with or tune this as much as I would have liked, but I'm willing to make a submission here.

Wyrmspine Gate
(1 BftU, 1 TT)

The discovery of the ancient Dreadwyrm Graveyard would have been a landmark in studies of Valhallan ancient history, had it been unearthed in a time of peace. The massive subterranean hollow hinted at the existence of an entire geological layer, so deeply buried as to have been lost until it was struck by miners toiling for Vydar’s forge. A faint, eerie glow and deathly chill suffused the air as the awe-struck laborers looked out over a vast charnel field of monumental remains, but it was scouts and strategists who next came to explore this new potential asset.

As an alternate route to convoy troops and supplies across Valhalla, the Dreadwyrm Graveyard proved an effective strategic tool. Once its use was discovered, however, its ancient bones played host to battles of their own. Its dim glow, while bright enough to see, seems to resist the emanation of other light, as it is often that one army does not spot the other until they are right up in each others’ faces. Once there, the narrow passages through mammoth corpses become the routes and switchbacks of a bloody brawl. Victory will belong to the general who masters this grim terrain, spilling fresh blood upon millennia-old remains.

The Wyrmspine Gate is merely one of many tactically useful chokepoints among the Graveyard, but it's central location makes it easily the bloodiest. Let your enemies through, and they may find the path back to the heart of your homeland.

Hope y'all enjoy, and best of luck to everyone making a submission.

Last edited by All Your Pie; April 8th, 2020 at 03:50 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla