Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 20th, 2011, 04:47 PM

rydude07 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Newbie looking for advice

Haha yah this is goign to be a bad addiction LOL
Old May 20th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydude07 View Post
Haha yah this is goign to be a bad addiction LOL
Yes. Yes it will. But a fun one!

I started with a $10 box I bought at a silent auction that included an RotV and a Fortress set. I have enough terrain and figures now to run a small tournament.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 20th, 2011, 05:28 PM

wow you are so lucky.

I think if i find my ROTV, and buy a swarm, a d and d, a marvel, and a fortress, i think i should be good for a while
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:49 PM

I just watched another review that said that the marvel is really unbalanced...if that is the case, should I save my money and not buy the marvel set?
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:07 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydude07 View Post
I just watched another review that said that the marvel is really unbalanced...if that is the case, should I save my money and not buy the marvel set?
The Marvel set can be fun. Just like all the opinions you've received on what to buy, there are a multitude of opinions about Marvel. To me, it's a fun set and, in my opinion, works well with Classic Heroscape. I'd say if you can get it at a decent price, buy it.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Histoli View Post
By the way, one other little point -- another of Heroscape's many virtues is that the pieces are nigh-indestructible, so you shouldn't worry at all about buying used stuff. Seriously, about half of my figures are used, and now that they're mixed together, I have no idea which ones were new when I bought them and which ones were used...
I agree... except when your dog decides to chew on them... I think that wave 1 is one of the best, and the wave 8 pack "soldiers and wolves" is one f the best for your buck. It comes with a fun squad (Wolves of Badru) who have a fun but risky special attack, and one of the best anti-melee ranged squads of all time (10th regiment). I would also suggest getting Orm's Return while it is still cheap, along with 1 or 2 castle sets. You can make some huge castles with two (I have 4). I would also check craigslist, because you never know when someone is selling 7 1st edition RotVs, 2 lava sets, 6 road sets, wave 1, and multiples of wave 3 for $100 . Also wave D1 is great, and still readily available. D2 is okay too, I really like the wyrmlings pack.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Histoli View Post
By the way, one other little point -- another of Heroscape's many virtues is that the pieces are nigh-indestructible, so you shouldn't worry at all about buying used stuff. Seriously, about half of my figures are used, and now that they're mixed together, I have no idea which ones were new when I bought them and which ones were used...
I agree... except when your dog decides to chew on them... I think that wave 1 is one of the best, and the wave 8 pack "soldiers and wolves" is one f the best for your buck. It comes with a fun squad (Wolves of Badru) who have a fun but risky special attack, and one of the best anti-melee ranged squads of all time (10th regiment). I would also suggest getting Orm's Return while it is still cheap, along with 1 or 2 castle sets. You can make some huge castles with two (I have 4). I would also check craigslist, because you never know when someone is selling 7 1st edition RotVs, 2 lava sets, 6 road sets, wave 1, and multiples of wave 3 for $100 . Also wave D1 is great, and still readily available. D2 is okay too, I really like the wyrmlings pack.
Great advice! any other opinions on which expansions they like would help. I am now looking at the soldiers and wolves as well as D1.
Old May 21st, 2011, 12:07 AM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

Oh, and also, try to get the unique packs while they are still cheap. All d&d wave unique packs are very cheap, as well as wave 8 and 1. They have the large point heroes that are good to form the core with. auggies has alot of the heros for extremely cheap, like 25c to $1.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:22 PM

Just found my ROTV and my friends and i played some 2v 2. Was SUPER fun!!!

Now for sure I will get the swarm set and maybe d and D. I looked at hte marvel guys, and are they really that overpowered? I mean hulk costs 300+ and if I play like 400 point armies...he would be like the whole army.

Also, if i have ROTV and swarm and maybe a d and d or marvel, how many castle sets should I get?
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:43 PM

2 Castle sets should cover most of what you do. Though since they can be found pretty cheap, an extra set would be handy to add roads to your battlefields.

The high cost for Hulk is an issue when you mix Marvelscape with Classic, especially with the lower point army builds. If you are taking Hulk up against an army with a lot of common squads, he needs support.

Some of the other Superheroes, like Captain America or Red Skull, can fit in better with the lower point builds.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
2 Castle sets should cover most of what you do. Though since they can be found pretty cheap, an extra set would be handy to add roads to your battlefields.

The high cost for Hulk is an issue when you mix Marvelscape with Classic, especially with the lower point army builds. If you are taking Hulk up against an army with a lot of common squads, he needs support.

Some of the other Superheroes, like Captain America or Red Skull, can fit in better with the lower point builds.
Oh I meant i was worried that the marvel characters in a 400 or 500 point army would be overpowered (since everyone complains that they are overpowered) against the classic scape characters...do you think they would be? Thats my reservation in not getting the marvel master set yet...because i want things to be balanced. And btw, my friends and i just play with my set.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 03:08 PM

Like many other figures, it depends on who they're up against. Hulk against a few heroes may be considered overpowering. In general, the lower number of attacks per turn of a hero-based army has difficulty putting a dent into figures like Hulk. But, put the Hulk up against an equal point army of all common squads, and you'll probably find while the Hulk will destroy a good portion of the opponent's army, he will likely be worn down and destroyed by the constant onslaught of 3-4 attacks per turn. Even with his high defense, the dice will eventually betray him.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion