Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:03 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Aubrien Archers

The Book of Aubrien Archers
Zanafor's Discovery - Collection 4 - Soulborgs and Elves

Spoiler Alert!

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: From the heart of the great forest of Feylund come the Aubrien Archers. Only young elves who pass the four tests of the Queen are allowed to join the Aubrien squad. Of those who are admitted, only 10% finish. Those who are left show a skill with the bow that is feared across Feylund, and now, even beyond. (Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred
FRENZY
After you take a turn with Aubrien Archers, roll the 20‑sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Aubrien Archers.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- FRENZY : Continuous Rolling
How does Frenzy work? Can I keep rolling for Frenzy if I get it on my first try?
Yes. You can keep rolling for Frenzy after each turn until you roll less than a 16 or choose not to roll any more. If you're lucky, you can take multiple turns with the Aubrien Archers before your opponent has a chance to retaliate! (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
- ACOLARH : Leaf of the Home Tree Aura
As Elves, Aubrien Archers may benefit from Acolarh’s LEAF OF THE HOME TREE AURA defensive bonus.

- ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
As a follower of Ullar, Aubrien Archers may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.

- VENOC WARLORD : Frenzy Enhancement
Having the Frenzy power, Aubrien Archers may benefit from Venoc Warlord’s FRENZY ENHANCEMENT d20 bonus.

- KYNTELA GWYN : Strength of Oak Aura 1
As elf units, Aubrien Archers may benefit from Kyntela Gwyn's STRENGTH OF OAK AURA 1 defense bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Aubrien Archers- Though inconsistent, repeated Aubrien volleys can take down the heartiest of foes. B

OEAO: Aubrien Archers- Aubrien Archers are pretty solid and can absolutely dominate if they hit a couple key Frenzies. 7 range in particular is amazing in that they outrange 4th Mass and 10th Reg. However, low attack and defense at a fairly high cost keep their power level in check. B

Cleon: Tier 5 (113/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B

Master Index
Markwars' Successive Frenzy Odds
Aubrien Archers... Frenzies or Pansies?
Unit Debate #8 -- Aubrien Archers Vs. Tagawa Samurai Archers

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 6th, 2019 at 12:19 AM.
Old June 9th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
If lucky with Frenzy, the Aubriens are deadly for swarming. I took out Krug, at the end of a battle, with 2. He killed 1 (out of the 2), but never could catch up to the other and eventually got destoyed. I also had to kill Q9 in the same game, but with a different unit - Venoc Warlord. I used him to help with frenzy and powerful units, in this case, Major Q9.
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:23 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Three squads of these guys are VERY dangerous and deadly! Especially if your lucky with the D20.

Old July 4th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Adding to what I said earlier, I was playing the final round of a tourney. My causin, John, was playing a Q9/Krug mix and I was playing my undifeated Viper team (10-0 right now!).

John's team:

Krug 120
Q9 180
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Marro Warriors 50

My team:

Venoc Warlord 120
Theracus 40
Aubrien Archers 70
Vencoc Vipers 40
Armoc Vipers x2 130

I won! It was a GREAT game.
Old July 4th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
For a while there, these guys were one of my all-time favorite common squads to draft.
I actually was going to field an AA, Reavers, Raelin army for a NorCal tournament, but eventually just peetered out on using the elves.

Alastair MacDirk mopped my all AA army in a practice game day we once had. I was able to take out his Raelin and Kravs, but his overwhelming amount of Deathereavers proved too much. The vermin are a big threat to the Aubriens. Reavers outnumber them, run them down, and can actually pose a threat when attacking them with only 2 defense. In return, the Elves have a frustrating time getting past the robovermin's sizeable defense. And there is no SA attack to prevent Scatter. Ugh.

But I do love a ton of Aubriens against those huge, mega-life heroes. Spread them out and attack from afar. If the Frenzy roll comes up, continue the onslaught.
Old July 4th, 2007, 04:47 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
In some games i've played i've had these guys stand next to Acolarh, allowing them to move2 extra spaces so they could get to higher ground quicker!
That's my tip for the day!
Old July 4th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
Adding to what I said earlier, I was playing the final round of a tourney. My causin, John, was playing a Q9/Krug mix and I was playing my undifeated Viper team (10-0 right now!).

John's team:

Krug 120
Q9 180
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Marro Warriors 50

My team:

Venoc Warlord 120
Theracus 40
Aubrien Archers 70
Vencoc Vipers 40
Armoc Vipers x2 130

I won! It was a GREAT game.
Dang What is it about your army that kicks @$$? Do you have some ultimate, unbeatable strategy and god mode rolling?
Well, I am really good at rolling frenzy, and the VW helps a lot. Like one time, I took out syvarris, 1 AE, and 4 Macdirk warriors just using the venocs against my brother. My team also has rediculous movement from the Venoc Warlord to make the venocs have 9 move, and theracus (with flying!), and the others all (besides the AA - 5) have 7 move.

I also beat John using (him) a team I built for him: Q9 180, Blastatrons 60, and Gladiatrons x2 160. And that was also a tournament final round.

Yup, my teams pretty awesome and at 10-0. But you guys could probably beat me.
Old July 19th, 2007, 07:26 AM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
I can see more use for them on castles with Gwyn now. She can stand behind them and give them a little boost. Combine that again with Thorgrim, Raelin, and Acolarh, then you have a powerful archer force. I imagine an elven defense would be best against an opponent who uses a lot of swarms to take down the castle, rather than a few powerful figures.
Old July 19th, 2007, 11:01 AM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
I have played with the Aubrien Archers just once but I am going to say that they are awesome. One squad of Aubrien Archers and one squad of Venoc Vipers took down two squads of the 4th Mass, two squads of Knights of Weston, and Finn at the loss of two vipers and an archer(I had other units including Venoc Warlord but I never used them).

Now let me explain why the Aubriens are so good. The Aubriens frenzy if you roll 16 or higher after a D20 roll (25%, or 1/4 of the time). So how many attacks on average can you expect per marker activation? You are guaranteed 3 with a 1/4 chance of rolling 3 more, and if you make that roll a 1/4 chance of rolling another 3, and so on.

Math:
Code:
average attacks = 3 + 3(1/4) + 3(1/16) + 3(1/64)...
                        = 3(1/4)^0 + 3(1/4)^1 + 3(1/4)^2 + 3(1/4)^3...
                        = 3/(1 - 1/4) *geometric sum*
                        = 4
It turns out the Aubriens average 4 attacks per marker activation. So the Aubrien Archers are roughly equivalent to a 4 figure unit without frenzy with the same basic stats and cost. For comparison, the 4th Mass Line has the same basic stats and cost except the Aubrien has one extra range. The 4th of course has Wait and Fire and the Valiant Army defense bonus but the Venoc Warlord can increases Aubrien(and Venoc) frenzy chance to 30% which gives the Aubrien on average ~4.29 attacks per marker activation.
Old July 8th, 2010, 11:10 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Aubrien Archers

Aubrien Archers have joined the Deathreavers on the list of figures I really don't enjoy playing against. Now, I don't mind losing, I really enjoy just playing. However, playing against the Aubriens just frustrates me to no end.

My sister nearly always takes three squads of them and cleans house. They're not too hard to take out, but they hit really hard really fast. I've lost squads and heroes of all kinds to them and have yet to find a really good counter. Knights of Weston were about the best I could find. I imagine them and the PK's might do all right. I wouldn't think that 2 attack would be enough to do a whole lot, but I've seen it chop through 4 and 5 defense like it's nothing.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old July 9th, 2010, 02:12 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Q9 can really tear through them. With a minimum of 7 Defense, I have seen Q9 go round after round taking shots and never taking damage from Aubriens with their weak attacks, even if they have height that is only 3 attack dice.
Old July 9th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

I have a saying which I believe is true. "Frenzy seven times in one game and you will win."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units