Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old November 21st, 2014, 05:13 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
HeroScape Desktop Backgrounds - NEW: Moltenclaw!

Greetings. I've decided to start crafting desktop backgrounds for certain HeroScape figures, when my time permits. I'm far from a Photoshop expert, but I know enough to combine a figure and a background, do some effects, and make it look good enough to act as a desktop background for any HS enthusiast.

Feel free to request backgrounds of your favorite figures, but be aware that I am limited by my collection. Unless I can pull a high quality picture off of the internet, I am limited to figures from the following sets:
Spoiler Alert!

The current waiting list is:
  1. Brandis Skyhunter
  2. Othkurik
  3. Sudema*
  4. Braxas*
  5. Venoc Warlord and Venoc Vipers*
  6. Fire Elemental
  7. Ogre Warhulk*
  8. Cyprien*
A * next to a figure indicates that I will need to collect the figure before being able to start. I currently have no reliable way of doing this, so I will do these figures when I can, and skip over them in the meantime.

Backgrounds
Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.

Last edited by TGRF; September 5th, 2021 at 06:04 PM.
Old November 21st, 2014, 09:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: TGRF's Digital Art

Awesome picture TGRF!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 01:02 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Awesome picture TGRF!
Thanks, glad you like it! I plan to have more as I make them.
~TGRF.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 02:38 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

OOH!! Desktop backgrounds for my computer!!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 22nd, 2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
OOH!! Desktop backgrounds for my computer!!
Hmm... that's actually a pretty good idea. I'm going to do some more of these, for various figures, in desktop background sizes.
The figures I can do backgrounds for include:
RotV
SotM
BftU
All of Wave 11
Heroes of Wave 12
Frost Giant, Ice Troll, and Master of the Hunt
Orm's Return
Any specific figure requests?
~TGRF.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 09:37 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HeroScape Desktop Backgrounds

I'd like to see what you could do with Jotun...if you're willing to attempt.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 22nd, 2014 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Great Realin pic!
Old November 22nd, 2014, 10:40 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Do ya got Brandis Skyhunter or Sharwin Wildborn, or either of the D&D Dragons. I'd sure like a background of them, (mostly 'cause I'm too lazy to do it).

~TAF, eager to see more of these

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 23rd, 2014, 10:34 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The Queens please. Braxas and Sudema.

Sweet pic TGRF. How did you go about making that?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 23rd, 2014, 08:28 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Really cool pic. How did you make the awesome shadow effect?

Could you do Deathwalker 9000? He is my original favorite figure.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 24th, 2014, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
I'd like to see what you could do with Jotun...if you're willing to attempt.
I have the list of sets I have on the OP. Unfortunately, Jotun is not included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Do ya got Brandis Skyhunter or Sharwin Wildborn, or either of the D&D Dragons. I'd sure like a background of them, (mostly 'cause I'm too lazy to do it).

~TAF, eager to see more of these
I have all four. I'm new to the whole 'picture taking' thing, so I'd need to figure out how they would look best first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
The Queens please. Braxas and Sudema.

Sweet pic TGRF. How did you go about making that?
Unfortunately, I do not have either Braxas or Sudema.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Really cool pic. How did you make the awesome shadow effect?

Could you do Deathwalker 9000? He is my original favorite figure.
Deathwalker 9K I can do. That might actually be the easiest at the moment...

As to how I made the picture:
I took a picture of Raelin, and then blacked it out so I just had her silhouette. I have a collection of random nature pics on my computer, and one of them had a good shot of a rocky shore in silhouette, so I stuck Raelin on those. Then I grabbed a few hills (also from the pictures), put those in the background, darkened them and the sky, and added an orange glow for the sunset. The tip of the spear was the hardest part, but I found a good tutorial on how to make the coloring work the way I wanted.

So I have requests for DW9K, Brandis, Sharwin, Moltenclaw, or Othkurik. Any preferences? I think DW9K might be the easiest for me, but it's up to you guys.
Fair warning: I may overuse the solar flare option (what I used on Raelin's spear)

~TGRF.
EDIT: I may be tied down for the first part of this week, but I'll use that time to think up cool figure settings.
Old November 24th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No hurry, and its an either/or on my request, so just one of the above ought to do it.

I imagine DW9000 will probably be the easiest, but I'd be very very concerned if you didn't have one of those .

~TAF, appeased.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 26th, 2014, 06:33 PM

I believe I have an idea for Sharwin. I won't be able to get to it until next week, but the next background is coming.
~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction