Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old August 20th, 2019, 05:35 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer) - Design

I think keeping her as an archmage is fine. IT leaves options open for the future.
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:47 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Since the only synergy implications would be from this set, Archmage is fine for us to deliberate on later. I personally wouldn't consider any of these units 100% done until the whole set is finalized anyway. If archmage becomes synergistic then this unit will either undergo some additional testing to accommodate that or will have her class changed to something unsynergistic, which is how we'd be testing her right now anyway.

Speaking of, I feel like this design is close to being ready to enter that stage. I'm happy to go forward with Pyria for the name. We can adjust it later if we feel the need to make it more in line with official 'scape elven names or what have you. Wild seems like a decent fit for personality, although Scytale suggested Bold--I don't feel it's quite right, but how about Dauntless? It's somewhat underused but captures a similar angle.

Most importantly, what point total do we think we should start out at? I'm thinking something in the 130-140 range.

Last edited by All Your Pie; August 21st, 2019 at 06:09 PM.
Old August 21st, 2019, 05:55 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Wild is probably the best.

130+ seems high. Good potential for multi-target, but only at great risk, and it's a 2-Defense unit.
Old August 21st, 2019, 08:49 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I like the double-fireline, always been a fan. I think we should consider giving her a simple Exposion SA to go with it. That's always been my preferred design direction, two different and versatile SAs like Q10.
After some time to think about this, I think we should keep a two-SAs model on the backburner. The versatility of Q10 was one of his biggest selling points.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 02:30 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 1] PYRIA (Chandra Nalaar, Pyromancer) - Design

Played a quick HoB game with Pyria and Ozuul (on rivaling teams). The battlefield was an AotP rectangle, so fairly small.

Twin Fireline Pyria is solid, and works well in the AotV setting of smallish boards and largely random armies.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 29th, 2019, 11:16 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Should we try her at 120?

Long live heroscape
Old August 29th, 2019, 11:26 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
Should we try her at 120?
120 sounds like a reasonable guess. My game with her was at 130, and she wasn’t notably powerful.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 29th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

120 feels high; I struggle to class her with the 120pt powerhouses. But the special at Attack 4 is pretty darn good.
Old August 29th, 2019, 01:05 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
120 feels high; I struggle to class her with the 120pt powerhouses. But the special at Attack 4 is pretty darn good.
Not all 120 point units need to be powerhouses.

Besides, a chance 3 skull fireblast is exceedingly deadly here, because she has a strong chance of hitting at least 2 minis with it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 29th, 2019, 02:52 PM

We can always dial down, or give her a slight buff.
Old September 29th, 2019, 04:02 AM

Is this one kind of in a good place?
Old September 29th, 2019, 12:56 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

I don't think we can make the double fire line special attack any simpler. I happy with this one.

Long live heroscape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs