Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old June 12th, 2017, 11:17 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Thanks for sharing your Dark Age experience Hahma. It looks like a neat game.

The more I think about TWD the more I want it. I am a big fan of the series. I am considering trying to sell my very small X-Wing collection so I can get TWD.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 12th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I thought Dark Age was fun Keglo, but I can't get into yet another system.

I sold my small X-Wing collection a few years ago in order to get something else I wanted. Same with Mice and Mystics collection recently and I have a fee other games that I want to sell. Seems to be a byproduct of having so many cool games out on the market these days. Most of us can't buy or play everything we want, so the selling or trading happens.

Hopefully you'll enjoy TWD. There should be plenty of videos out there showing game play and such, just to help in research.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 12th, 2017, 01:18 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah I'm thinking that it won't be that easy to sell X-Wing but I'll see.

The only thing that worries me about TWD is that it says it's for 2 players. I have seen folks say more than 2 can play though. Any idea?

I have also heard that one of the expansions has some sort of create-your-own survivor system, which sounds cool. Do you know anything about that?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 12th, 2017, 01:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post

The only thing that worries me about TWD is that it says it's for 2 players. I have seen folks say more than 2 can play though. Any idea?

I have also heard that one of the expansions has some sort of create-your-own survivor system, which sounds cool. Do you know anything about that?
I think that it would just require more units to play with more players.

On another note, here are my list of ideas that will be built for frostgrave:
The Keep
-The second castle will be the mirroring other side of my keep opposite my other castle once its done. Its almost done.
The Great Hall Accent pieces
-Tables
-Chairs
-Weapon Racks
-Animal skin Rugs
The Courtyard
-The Gallows
-a Guillitine( head chopper, I cant spell it apparently)
-More barrels
-Crates of multiple sizes
-Ramps/bridges/ladders
The Arcaneum
-2 part 2 story ruins
-led lit mana well/s
-bookcases and bookshelves
-scroll cases
-alchemy set/s
-alchemy ingredient containers

Treasure items
That's whats on the agenda for my next stuff to build.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 12th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

I think that it would just require more units to play with more players.

On another note, here are my list of ideas that will be built for frostgrave:
The Keep
-The second castle will be the mirroring other side of my keep opposite my other castle once its done. Its almost done.
The Great Hall Accent pieces
-Tables
-Chairs
-Weapon Racks
-Animal skin Rugs
The Courtyard
-The Gallows
-a Guillitine( head chopper, I cant spell it apparently)
-More barrels
-Crates of multiple sizes
-Ramps/bridges/ladders
The Arcaneum
-2 part 2 story ruins
-led lit mana well/s
-bookcases and bookshelves
-scroll cases
-alchemy set/s
-alchemy ingredient containers

Treasure items
That's whats on the agenda for my next stuff to build.
That's quite the ambitious list there TREX! Sounds exciting with all the attention to details

With regards to TWD, I haven't researched it much really, but when I played it on Memorial Day, we had 4 players playing as teams of 2, and we each had 2 survivors.

The 2 guys that didn't play, but ran the game, did the same thing at a convention they went up to in Wisconsin on the following weekend. So while I don't know if there can be 3 or more individual "sides", there can certainly be more than 2 players, even if playing as teams. It worked out fine for us, and from the battle report I read, it seemed to go well at the convention as well.

Due to the popularity of the show and a lot of people getting into the game, I would suspect that there is, or will be community support for the game and maybe some variationsand ways to play 3+ as individual sides.

That all said, it's a point based system in that characters and their starting equipment have different points costs. While I think that certain characters can only be the ones to have certain equipment, like Carl's hat, it seemed to me in the game I played, that the guys teaching us had equipped the characters with a couple things each. So that is a way balance the points costs of teams/sides.

Obviously, the more players you plan on playing with, you're going to need more survivor characters to spread around. I would think that at least 2 survivors per player would be best. 1 survivor each may work for a learning game, but limit what players can do on their turn, as well as have a greater chance of player elimination if their survivor gets killed by zombie or another player's survivor.

Old June 12th, 2017, 04:05 PM

Damn. That's an impressive list @TREX . Can't wait to see it.
@Hahma Thanks. That is the way it looks to me too from what I have read in a few post. As you suggested, I'll watch a few videos and do some more reading.

On another note, as a very long time fan of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series by George R.R. Martin, I am looking very forward to CMON's new game based on it.

A Song of Ice and Fire

-
-
-

Last edited by keglo; June 12th, 2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old June 13th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

I picked up this Knights Models dumpster kit because it was half off, so $4. I don't necessarily have a need for it at the moment, but I figured it could be used as some scatter terrain on some modern or post-apocalyptic game. Even if I don't have one of those, I could always bring them along to add to a game.
Lots of pieces, with several pretty small and others pretty fragile. I managed to get it done and now it's just a matter of priming and painting.

Old June 13th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I picked up this Knights Models dumpster kit because it was half off, so $4. I don't necessarily have a need for it at the moment, but I figured it could be used as some scatter terrain on some modern or post-apocalyptic game. Even if I don't have one of those, I could always bring them along to add to a game.
Don't you play C3G Heroscape anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 13th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Don't you play C3G Heroscape anymore?
Sadly, not for years. Since my nephew started getting busy in high school and work and now in college, I don't have anyone interested. My daughters aren't interested anymore and I can't get anyone to try it from my game group.

Old June 13th, 2017, 10:16 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Dude, you can't keep the best miniatures game ever made all to yourself. You play miniatures games. Introduce them to the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 13th, 2017, 11:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Dude, you can't keep the best miniatures game ever made all to yourself. You play miniatures games. Introduce them to the best!
Tried it a few times years ago. Brought my stuff to the facility where we game and set it up. No bites. My friend Chris, who is relatively new to the group (only about a year) may try it sometime.

It's kind of a pain in the ass to try to put together some armies that are balanced and then to lug all that stuff, bring in my gaming table and tabletop, and build the map, just for nobody to want to give it a go. Some of the guys are into minis, but a lot are strictly board gamers. And not the same people are there all the time. Also, due to the time involved, it would have to be at one of our monthly all-day events on a Saturday instead of our weekly Monday night 6-10. Then, others are competing to get in certain types of games played that are better for the all-days.

Several people really have gotten into Frostgrave, it's been a hit. It's accessible and like the other minis games getting played, it's available to be purchased and not out of print.

Like I said, maybe Chris might try it once, but he'd have to come down to my house (close to 40 minutes), and it would eat up time for other stuff we'd both rather play.

Old June 13th, 2017, 11:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Damn. That's an impressive list @TREX . Can't wait to see it.
@Hahma Thanks. That is the way it looks to me too from what I have read in a few post. As you suggested, I'll watch a few videos and do some more reading.

On another note, as a very long time fan of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series by George R.R. Martin, I am looking very forward to CMON's new game based on it.

A Song of Ice and Fire

-
-
-

That seems like it can be fun. The videos I've seen didn't really do much for it, in that they played on such a small surface that there wasn't much to it as far as maneuvering. But, they were just demos, so not really the full possible experience.

The neat thing is that the units will play different with different leaders, so that adds some variety for sure. They also seem to be doing regular releases after the base set is released, though I'm not sure how exactly. Are they going to be X amount of points box sets for a certain faction? Or dribble stuff in a little bit at a time?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures