Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 1st, 2010, 01:33 AM

Temprit is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of the Mind Flayer Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temprit View Post
I don't understand. You enslave to take a turn with him. At the end of that turn you roll for Stab in the Back right? If you roll a 1 does control go to them or to you? Also I don't see how your opponent is taking a turn with him after the Enslave turn is over.
Sorry, I was thinking of Marcu's Eternal Hatred. After reading the Stab in the Back SA, when you Enslave and take a turn with Sir Hawthorne, at the end you will either roll a one, remove all the OMs, and give Sir Hawthorne's card to your opponent (the original owner) or, on any other roll, control reverts back to your opponent (the original owner). I guess there is a slight possibility of Dund-ing his Sir Hawthorne, but that's the only advantage I see. You don't end up with him either way.

~Z
Okay, Have any thoughts about my Question for Alistair Mcdirk? With Overextend?

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old December 1st, 2010, 01:45 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
I don't understand. You enslave to take a turn with him. At the end of that turn you roll for Stab in the Back right? If you roll a 1 does control go to them or to you? Also I don't see how your opponent is taking a turn with him after the Enslave turn is over.
Sorry, I was thinking of Marcu's Eternal Hatred. After reading the Stab in the Back SA, when you Enslave and take a turn with Sir Hawthorne, at the end you will either roll a one, remove all the OMs, and give Sir Hawthorne's card to your opponent (the original owner) or, on any other roll, control reverts back to your opponent (the original owner). I guess there is a slight possibility of Dund-ing his Sir Hawthorne, but that's the only advantage I see. You don't end up with him either way.

~Z
Okay, Have any thoughts about my Question for Alistair Mcdirk? With Overextend?
Alistair (or Eldgrim) can only Overextend once per round, regardless of who is controlling the army card. I remember having this discussion when it was a mid-round Mindshackle in question. I'll try to find a specific post to cite, but I'm 90% sure I'm correct.

Old December 1st, 2010, 01:49 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, I think that is possible. The ability states that "you may only use this power...", not "Alastair McDirk may only use this power...". So, as I read it, you can overextend an Enslaved Alastair even if his owner already used the ability the same round.

~Z

Edit: Unless Cheddarlimbo can find the reference, I'll stick with my reading of the card.

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread
Old April 18th, 2011, 02:43 AM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These things are nasty with Ornak.

I played:

Mindflayers x2 200
Ornak 100
Nerak 50
Heavy Gruts x2 140
Isamu 10
500 pts, 14 hexes

Mindflayers on marker 1, then one squad of gruts and nerak, or one squad of gruts and ornak. Made for quite an interesting build.

The Mindflayers on turn one is perfect. Two attacks instead of one, with each attack being either a normal of four or a special of three at three range with the power to knock markers off. I was fighting Aubriens and I could usually get at least one marker, sometimes two down. Throw in two shots at a 17+ enslave, and you can really screw things up. There were two rounds where my opponent was enslaved, lost a hero to hot lava death, and lost the rest of the markers to their special.

Using both of them in one turn with Ornak turns them into a kind of pseudo-squad that can only go on the first turn. That's perfect though, because that's where they can cause the most damage removing marker. With 4 lives and 4 defense, I think they're worth the point investment, as long as Ornak can also be integrated into the army and isn't just there for them. They worked well against squads (who stood a greater chance of losing markers due to lower defense) and heroes (who could be enslaved). Granted, a non-lava map wouldn't be as great, but this is a fun build that does all right as well!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:17 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Just had a killer game with the ol' Mind Flayer Mastermind... he completely dominated 3 squads of Venoc Vipers. They kept losing order markers from the Psionic Blasts and couldn't frenzy to keep up with it. The Mind Flayer also made the opposing team's Hulk jump into lava...
Old May 5th, 2011, 07:03 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
Just had a killer game with the ol' Mind Flayer Mastermind... he completely dominated 3 squads of Venoc Vipers. They kept losing order markers from the Psionic Blasts and couldn't frenzy to keep up with it. The Mind Flayer also made the opposing team's Hulk jump into lava...
That right there is what you call Best Case Scenario.

Old May 6th, 2011, 08:53 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

Perhaps the best case scenario for these guys is Stormy Weather! (link below), where Enslave 17 becomes Enslave 15.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1758

Next Generation

Old October 30th, 2011, 03:52 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

this guy is so cool and his abilities are great but he isnt going to survive long at all. i find he works best when using him like cyprien or the other vampires, to target squads or common heroes. if he succeeds in killing a squad figure that has OMs on it he will cripple them, and then can enslave a hero, this dont happen to often (20% of the time) but when it does work using it on something powerful like Q9 or cyprien can be even more devastating, to top it off they are uncommon, so multiples can be drafted. these guys work best against squad based armies.
Old November 12th, 2011, 05:22 PM

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
These things are nasty with Ornak.

I played:

Mindflayers x2 200
Ornak 100
Nerak 50
Heavy Gruts x2 140
Isamu 10
500 pts, 14 hexes

Mindflayers on marker 1, then one squad of gruts and nerak, or one squad of gruts and ornak. Made for quite an interesting build.

The Mindflayers on turn one is perfect. Two attacks instead of one, with each attack being either a normal of four or a special of three at three range with the power to knock markers off. I was fighting Aubriens and I could usually get at least one marker, sometimes two down. Throw in two shots at a 17+ enslave, and you can really screw things up. There were two rounds where my opponent was enslaved, lost a hero to hot lava death, and lost the rest of the markers to their special.

Using both of them in one turn with Ornak turns them into a kind of pseudo-squad that can only go on the first turn. That's perfect though, because that's where they can cause the most damage removing marker. With 4 lives and 4 defense, I think they're worth the point investment, as long as Ornak can also be integrated into the army and isn't just there for them. They worked well against squads (who stood a greater chance of losing markers due to lower defense) and heroes (who could be enslaved). Granted, a non-lava map wouldn't be as great, but this is a fun build that does all right as well!
Well met!

dok said somewhere that nobody had made 2 Mindflayers/Ornak work. I guess he was wrong.

Next Generation

Old July 9th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Think anyone can give me a good 500 point army idea that would include Mind-squid?
Old July 9th, 2014, 10:51 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Think anyone can give me a good 500 point army idea that would include Mind-squid?
Check out the Taipan's army in the quoted material above:

200 Mindflayer x 2
140 Heavy Gruts x 2
100 Ornak
50 Nerak
10 Isamu
500, 14 spaces

Next Generation

Old July 9th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

MFM is also a decent clean-up figure, though he's really more of just a fun guy to play with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units