Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 7th, 2010, 07:32 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Othkurik the Black Dragon

On to the real post. I played a first-timer and he had Othkurik. Don't ask why, but I was using Ulginesh and his crew, rats, Warriors of Ashra, and Feral Troll. By the time my Troll felled Othkurik, Ulginesh and the crew were dead. Othkurik just lurked, attacked, killed, ran back, repeat cycle. His Deathwalker 9000 and Tandros Kreel made short work of the rest. I was a noob too, so that may explain Ulginesh. Haven't used him since.

My customs HERE. <-----
"I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work" -Edison
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:29 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

You know, I just realized last night the benefits of the Acid Spray Special. I always took it to be a poor dragon's version of an explosive special attack (shotgun, Majestic Fires, etc.). But in fact, you're not required to pick 2 adjacent figures to be affected by it-- it's purely optional! You don't have to affect any other figure at all, other than the targeted figure. That's arguably better than your average explosive special because it's more discriminating.

I'm sure I'm just waaaay behind the curve on this one, but I figured some other folks might be able to benefit from my realization.
Old May 5th, 2011, 01:22 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
You know, I just realized last night the benefits of the Acid Spray Special. I always took it to be a poor dragon's version of an explosive special attack (shotgun, Majestic Fires, etc.). But in fact, you're not required to pick 2 adjacent figures to be affected by it-- it's purely optional! You don't have to affect any other figure at all, other than the targeted figure. That's arguably better than your average explosive special because it's more discriminating.

I'm sure I'm just waaaay behind the curve on this one, but I figured some other folks might be able to benefit from my realization.
I never thought of it that way. Cool.
Old July 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM

Eak is surprisingly tart

Maps tend to have swamp water in the lower parts of the map, so it would be easy to gain height advantage on this guy. His 3 defense can't hold up many height-advantaged ranged attacks.
Old July 25th, 2011, 05:21 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
Maps tend to have swamp water in the lower parts of the map, so it would be easy to gain height advantage on this guy. His 3 defense can't hold up many height-advantaged ranged attacks.
Well met!

His Lurking Ambush also works from Shadow, but I play him for Acid Spray, so your objection doesn't hold (swamp) water with me.

Next Generation

Old May 25th, 2013, 12:40 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

I've played him a lot, and lost him a lot to overreaching. I'm fielding

150 Romans x 3
140 Othkurik
100 Marcus
50 Me-Burq-Sa
440, 17 spaces, but a legal 15 figures,

in the
Long Island Heroscape League- IslandScape Tournament July 20.

I shall endeavor not to make that mistake (along with the myriad I am prone to make ).

Next Generation

Old May 25th, 2013, 06:34 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
Well met!

His Lurking Ambush also works from Shadow, but I play him for Acid Spray, so your objection doesn't hold (swamp) water with me.
Bold-ness added.

Yeah, Lurking Ambush is just some kill-the-opponent's-hero icing on the Othkurik cake. The ability to selectively splash damage from the special attack is where it's at.

Currently, I've been running Lil' Blacky with Zombies x6. Slow-rolling the Horde forward with Othkurik waiting to spray some acid on any squaddies that attempt to ebb my undead tide is just a blast!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old June 24th, 2014, 12:37 AM

HSSKYRES Woo who?

this guy is like braxis.
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:13 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Othkurik The Black Dragon
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 30th, 2017, 10:35 PM

ggschuma is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Othkurik is a beast! I've used his attack of 7 to destroy many higher-value units, and he's only 140 points! Definitely the best dragon for me.
Old November 30th, 2017, 11:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggschuma View Post
Othkurik is a beast! I've used his attack of 7 to destroy many higher-value units, and he's only 140 points! Definitely the best dragon for me.
If he's got some shadow to work with, and maybe some Greenscales, he's pretty good.

Old December 1st, 2017, 12:06 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggschuma View Post
PS...and welcome to the site. Great to see new posters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units