Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 11th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Othkurik the Black Dragon

Attack value = attack dice.
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:10 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
so, any attack dice? Hmmm. So you'd roll 4 for the special. And then three more for the lurking ambush bonus? Just doesn't feel right to add it on with a special attack. It's been integrated into my mind that special attacks are NEVER affected by anything short of negation.
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Quote:
so, any attack dice? Hmmm. So you'd roll 4 for the special. And then three more for the lurking ambush bonus? Just doesn't feel right to add it on with a special attack. It's been integrated into my mind that special attacks are NEVER affected by anything short of negation.
Special Attacks never recieve any bonuses to their attack value or range. However other effects may still come into play.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Specifically, Attack Value is the number in the box next to the word "Attack".

~Aldin, numerically

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:59 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Here's a handy trick I use if I'm ever wondering whether or not a special attack can be modified. I just say these words aloud:

Special Attacks can never be modified in any way

and the problem goes away!
Old August 12th, 2010, 01:30 AM

whiteknight is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Got it. Thanks.
Old August 20th, 2010, 01:00 PM

CyberClaw16 Woo who?

What about using Othkurik with Mika the shadow assassin and some Greenscales for bonding. You could drop a shadow from Mika and then get some more use from it with Othkurik's lurking attack. Sounds powerful to me. I'll play test this today.
Old August 20th, 2010, 01:45 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberClaw16 View Post
What about using Othkurik with Mika the shadow assassin and some Greenscales for bonding. You could drop a shadow from Mika and then get some more use from it with Othkurik's lurking attack. Sounds powerful to me. I'll play test this today.
That's a sound strategy. Its especially effective in a map with lots of shadows already because both of those characters thrive on that. But the ability to place shadow tiles makes it more flexible. With the right placement you could attack anywhere on the map with a boosted Othkuirk.
Old August 20th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was thinking the same a few days ago and came up with:
Othkurik 140
Raelin 220
GSW x3 400
Mika 510

Tons of options for Mika here-she can drop a tile to perch Raelin to protect the swarming GSW, throw one down for Othkurik to ambush some chumps, or use them herself to get around. Othkurik has a decent special attack for rats, a Mika-then-Oth/GSW ambush combo can lay down 2 attacks of 7 and 3 attacks of 3 in two turns to take down bad boys like Krug or Q9 (Damage of those attacks on 7 defense is 3.65-one more attack from Oth or Mika would kill him; this is average)

What I find difficult with Othkurik is that his initial ambush really needs to be effective, otherwise he's SOL-an attack of four is average for a hero and he won't last long with defense 3.
Old August 20th, 2010, 02:15 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I was thinking the same a few days ago and came up with:
Othkurik 140
Raelin 220
GSW x3 400
Mika 510

Tons of options for Mika here-she can drop a tile to perch Raelin to protect the swarming GSW, throw one down for Othkurik to ambush some chumps, or use them herself to get around. Othkurik has a decent special attack for rats, a Mika-then-Oth/GSW ambush combo can lay down 2 attacks of 7 and 3 attacks of 3 in two turns to take down bad boys like Krug or Q9 (Damage of those attacks on 7 defense is 3.65-one more attack from Oth or Mika would kill him; this is average)

What I find difficult with Othkurik is that his initial ambush really needs to be effective, otherwise he's SOL-an attack of four is average for a hero and he won't last long with defense 3.
Screen with Greenscales or have Mika go out first and lay shadow on his destination.

Next Generation

Old August 20th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Screening with Greenscales doesn't work-Othkurik has to engage the figure to maximize lurking ambush. Dropping a tile with Mika might be a good idea though-she just absorbs attacks with 5 defense and whatever life she has while Othkurik Acid Sprays the figure, pouncing once Mika goes down and the hero is weakened.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:02 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Screening with Greenscales doesn't work-Othkurik has to engage the figure to maximize lurking ambush. Dropping a tile with Mika might be a good idea though-she just absorbs attacks with 5 defense and whatever life she has while Othkurik Acid Sprays the figure, pouncing once Mika goes down and the hero is weakened.
Just played a game against Mika and Othkurik and allowed that exact tactic happen twice. I definitely should have been more on my game, but if there is a decent screen in place, or even just a melee traffic jam, there is a limited amount you can do to prevent it.

7-Attacks suck.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units