Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 7th, 2010, 05:35 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Othkurik the Black Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Othkurik seems like with 3/4 stats he's just really average, but remember that he bonds. That raises him drastically.
He will soon, anyways.

I played him and Mimring in an army together today and realized just how similar they are. They cost about the same and are both highly tactical units. You have to watch what you're doing with them or they will fall quick, but a good player can get quite a bit out of them. Mimring has to dance around a little more than Othkurik to get more out of his special, but he has longer range for that. Othkurik is also smaller and thus fits in more places and can hide better.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 7th, 2010, 06:12 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wonder who would win in an Othkurik/greenscale vs. Mimring/Arrow grut battle. My money is on Othkurik because Acid Spray should be able to take out arrow gruts and swogs faster than fireline can take out the greenscales. Thoughts?

Old March 7th, 2010, 06:24 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I wonder who would win in an Othkurik/greenscale vs. Mimring/Arrow grut battle. My money is on Othkurik because Acid Spray should be able to take out arrow gruts and swogs faster than fireline can take out the greenscales. Thoughts?
How about Playtesting? I actually tested this out a while back.

Mimring
Arrow Gruts x2
Swogs x2
Krug

Othkurik
Greenscales x4
Marcu

On paper, you'd think the Arrow Gruts would be better. You'd be right. The map I was using probably didn't favor the Greenscales any, but I'm sure a different map would have the same results. Mimring got there faster than they could scatter. The Gruts were faster at doing this. Krug pummeled Othkurik when he came within range. A Swog would run out and tie him down, and Krug would join him a turn or two later.
Old March 7th, 2010, 06:31 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's good. How about swapping one squad of Greenscales for the marro warriors and Isamu? That would give you an end game unit that could probably take Krug.

Old March 8th, 2010, 12:27 PM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker

I played this the other day:

Othkurik 140
3x Knights of Weston 350
Sir Gilbert 455
Earth Elemental 490

I was fighting a proxied Greenscale/Nilfheim/Hydra army with a fire and an air elemental. Othkurik did better than I initially expected and blew away 4 Greenscales and put three wounds on Nilfheim before falling to the Hydra, who didn't roll less than two skulls with every attack. The map I was playing on didn't have any shadow or swamp water tiles, so all the damage Othkurik dished out was through Acid Spray.

I eventually lost the game through poor management of the Knights and Gilbert (who died in a barrage of three attacks from the Hydra), but Othkurik earned his keep.

All in all, a very fun figure!

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:23 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death!

From New FAQ 11.3

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Target Point
ERRATA: Othkurik can use his neck spikes as a secondary Target Point.[/QUOTE]
Old May 22nd, 2010, 07:04 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death! Grishnakh is hot lava death!

And there it is, an official ruling. Thanks guys!

My Custom Terrain Thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=448
My tribute site to TFT/Melee & Wizards: http://www.meleewizards.com/
Old May 23rd, 2010, 11:21 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post

Don't forget the same ruling applies to Mimring.

Old May 24th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post

Meaning Mimring can use its horns as sighting spots, not that Mimring can use Orthkurik's spikes.
Old May 24th, 2010, 12:54 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:

Meaning Mimring can use its horns as sighting spots, not that Mimring can use Orthkurik's spikes.
"Othkurik, you cannot hide from the mighty Mimring!!!"

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:

"Othkurik, you cannot hide from the mighty Mimring!!!"
I'm pretty sure that Mimring can use Othkurik's neck spines.

Old August 11th, 2010, 07:25 PM

whiteknight is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
I assume that Lurking Ambush does not work with Acid Spray Special Attack. If it did, it would give the ability to attack 3 figures with 7 dice. I realize that special attacks generally don't get bonuses, but Lurking Ambush says, "add 3 to his Attack value." It doesn't specify normal attack. Could we get a clarification on this?
I really doubt it would modify his special attack.

Although I do find it interesting that it says "attack value" (I don't think I have seen that on any other cards thus far, correct me if I am wrong), I believe that it only modifies his base attack.

I think it would say that it modifies the special attack as well as the base attack if that was the case.
Does "attack value" mean number of attack dice or number of skulls rolled? Old Heroscape normally adds to number of attack dice unless it says "automatically adds one skull to the total number of skulls rolled." D&D rules add modifiers to the number rolled. Since the Master Set 3 is a marriage of Heroscape and D&D, which rule do we follow with Othkurik?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units