Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old September 28th, 2009, 07:24 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Brutal Legend

For those of you who haven't checked out this game yet do so soon. I was very surprised and highly entertained. From the comedy from Jack Black, to the gore and action, to the fantasy world, to the heavy metal soundtrack, this game is awesome. I can't wait for it to come out in October. Plus, I hear the multiplayer is what makes the game. It's like an action rts. Sounds awesome. Check out the demo on xbox live.

Here's the main website link: http://www.brutallegend.com/home.action
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:07 PM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart
Re: Brutal Legend

I think that the animation really sucks.
Old September 29th, 2009, 06:18 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness1717 View Post
Really? Huh. I love it, I though it was very smooth and has no errors in it. It doesn't looked forced using new technology or anything. Do you not like the style? Or or I guess what about it don't you like?
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, i thought the animation was really stylized and very smooth with alot of style. Style trumps graphical realism every time.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:06 PM

Also, while watching some videos for the game, I found out that one of the pit bosses in the game is nicknamed "Mittens" for the same reason our beloved Venoc Warlord is. So There we go, some heroscape elements in brutal legend (a stretch but still)
Old October 18th, 2009, 11:12 PM

kboleen is surprisingly tart

I've seen the commercial on TV. Jack Black is great; always over top but in a goofy, endearing way. Not a big fan of the animation style though. It looks like a wanna-be Guitar Hero style. But looks fun nonetheless.

"Be of good courage..."
Old October 19th, 2009, 04:02 AM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness1717 View Post
What television were you watching it on? Everything looks fine on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Yeah, i thought the animation was really stylized and very smooth with alot of style. Style trumps graphical realism every time.
I must agree with you. I loved the environments they created in this game, it added to the feel. If none of the rest of the game is realistic, why should the environment be? Answer: It shouldn't.

And I played this with a friend, and we both agreed tht this game is great for many reasons--the music, Jack Black, thestoyline and the cool multiplayer--but really got us is tha this gameis funny. I can't remember the last time I've literally laughed out loud while playing a game, when it's not because of something I've done, and rather is the game itself. This game has many moments where you just have to laugh.

Also, Tim Curry plays the voice of Doviculus--and Tim Curry's a beast.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!

"Someone, somewhere, is torturing babies with an army of Marro Stingers."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games