Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
So I got Ninja Gaiden. I regret it. All of the enemies are annoying. And after you get hit, you aren't invincible for very long so if you miss, say a bird, and it hits you, you'll just continue to get hit by it as it swarms around you. The enemies will also respawn if they go off screen, so sometimes you'll kill one enemy, and then another will knock you too far to the left, and the enemy you killed will still be reappear!
Welcome to the NES

Dark Sword of Chaos was the better game FWIW, but the original is a ton of fun too. You really just have to learn the enemy patterns and get used to attacking them before they get into their routines. It's a hard game, but pretty fair, at least compared to most things in the NES era.
I've logged a ton of hours of Ninja Gaiden on my Wii (I'm still not any better than I was when the game was new). I totally agree that it can get to be anoying, but it's a fun game to break out for a week or so every couple months.

Right now I'm playing Pokemon Daimond, and Medieval Total War II (currently working on the Americas campaign).

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Portal should only be bought with the Orange box (for about 30 bucks you could have gotten HL2, HL2:EP1, HL2:EP2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal).

Now, for 20 bucks, you could get Plants vs. Zombies which is amazing.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:05 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Tru dat. Played that game to heck until I logged one day and all my progress was lost
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:49 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Right now I'm playing Pokemon Daimond, and Medieval Total War II (currently working on the Americas campaign).
Want to do any trading?
Old October 22nd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Portal should only be bought with the Orange box (for about 30 bucks you could have gotten HL2, HL2:EP1, HL2:EP2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal).

Agreed on the Orange Box, but I already had all the other games. Oh well. It was pretty interesting.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old October 22nd, 2009, 04:09 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Want to do any trading?
I haven't been able to find a wireless connection that will let me hook into the Nintendo wireless. When I do though, I'll be sure to chime in at the Pokemon thread.

(I'm considering getting one of those Nintendo usb router things . . . .)

Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:02 PM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker

While fingering through games that I have, I came across the LotR War of the Ring, by Liquid Entertainment. Nothing too spectacular, but it's a fun little game.

If anyone has this game, and would like to play online, I'd be happy to play.

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.

Last edited by SymphonyScaper; October 22nd, 2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:39 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Bought Portal a couple days ago for $20 from Steam. I finished the game in about 3 hours, including the bonus maps. I could do the challenges, but at this point I feel ripped off. The computer voice that talks to you is hilarious though, and worth at least 25% of my investment.
THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!! yeah its a short game but I bought orange box so I didnt feel too ripped off about it. I am currently playing through Tenchu Z, something about ninja games that get me. and Para, how dare you! donky kong over ninja Gaiden....... If you dont miss the birds like a true ninja then they cant hit you.
It's not just the birds. It's those stupid purple things that come up behind you, and those sword throwing ghosts that you almost have to get hit by unless you have ninja stars.

Idk, with Contra or Super C(ontra) I never felt cheated even without the Spread Gun. They were difficult, but they never seemed to screw you over.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:04 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Idk, with Contra or Super C(ontra) I never felt cheated even without the Spread Gun. They were difficult, but they never seemed to screw you over.
Really? I never made it past the first level of Contra without the Konami Code.

Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:11 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Bought Portal a couple days ago for $20 from Steam. I finished the game in about 3 hours, including the bonus maps. I could do the challenges, but at this point I feel ripped off. The computer voice that talks to you is hilarious though, and worth at least 25% of my investment.
THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!! yeah its a short game but I bought orange box so I didnt feel too ripped off about it. I am currently playing through Tenchu Z, something about ninja games that get me. and Para, how dare you! donky kong over ninja Gaiden....... If you dont miss the birds like a true ninja then they cant hit you.
It's not just the birds. It's those stupid purple things that come up behind you, and those sword throwing ghosts that you almost have to get hit by unless you have ninja stars.

I knew a guy in college who could beat the original Contra without getting hit. There are some crazy gaps in the boss patterns that an excellent player can use to never get hit with nothing but the jump button.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I knew a guy in college who could beat the original Contra without getting hit. There are some crazy gaps in the boss patterns that an excellent player can use to never get hit with nothing but the jump button.
My cousin's husband is one of those NES-SNES Gods... On their wedding day I watched him play through the entire Ninja Turtles Arcade without losing a life. I've never seen him die in Contra or Castlevania. He was down for my sister's wedding and beat the original LoZ while I was at the rehearsal/dinner. Great stuff. It truly shows that back in those days video gaming was an art.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:33 AM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon for the DS.

I've started on the really, really, really, really, really hard mode.

Last edited by Dr. Weirdscaper; October 24th, 2009 at 11:47 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games