Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old June 12th, 2013, 08:16 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
The Final Entry of Thormund's Journal

Ladies, but mostly gentlemen, I give you my next great work. A story of the post war era of Valhalla which I am sure will keep you strapped to your seat. Here is the first entry.

The war has ended, but not Valhalla’s problems. Utgar was defeated, his wife slain by a short circuited soulborg, his daughter, Illia, fled to the high mountains. The generals disbanded their armies back to the world’s from which each had come. Some remained behind, Sgt. Drake for example remained and married Raelin. They had 3 children, Cossette, Raelor, and Karth in that order.
What wellsprings give they may also take away. Soon each of the generals wasted away and welcomed death with open arms, but shadows filled the void they had left. Militia’s rose to power across the vast plain Valhalla. Some were good and acted for the people, others were vile and extorted the people. Luckily no one could use the wellsprings any longer, they all closed up, their amulets disintegrated.
Some of the old kings and lords remained on their thrones. They had merely sworn allegiance to the various generals and provided them with troops, but with the generals gone the alliances they had formed crumbled. Like the militia’s they were unpredictable. Only a few such as Drake and Raelin’s children who controlled Jandon, Jandar’s fortress, could be counted on for integrity and morality. Their people flourished.
I write this as I too waste away, but not from wellspring’s poison for they have allowed me to continue living, I am merely growing old. This is my last account of the goings on of Valhalla. Drake’s daughter Cossette has promised to carry on my work. I am in my chambers in Jandon at this moment, but I will not remain on this plain for more than a few more days. I welcome death.
Cossette as I mentioned before has become a scribe and will continue my work. Raelor, Drake’s first son, takes dominant power in Jandon. Karth, Drake’s second son, joined a secret society of rangers founded by Slink, and now lead by Slink’s second son, Salen’ek. They wander the land, sometimes alone, sometimes in groups when the need arises, acting as peacekeepers. Thus far they have brought twelve militia’s to their knees.

Slink's story can be found here.
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:05 AM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Final Entry of Thormund's Journal

It is the year 22 since the end of the war. Militias have risen and fallen, and some righteousness has taken hold in the lands of Valhalla, though no one is perfect. My brother, Raelor, has requested Salen’ek’s presence in his Hall’s this evening. I brother is ardently trying to unite all of Valhalla once more as it was before the apocalypse of Utgar, but I fear that he may be pushing his rights a little too far…
From the journal of Cossette 1st born of Drake and Raelin

A medium height man swathed in a mottled cloak and deep cowl entered Raelor’s banner strung halls. He stopped before Raelor’s throne and bowed his head, as one would to an equal. If Raelor was perturbed by this he did not show it. Instead he smiled and opened his arms in welcome.
“Welcome to Jandor, Salen’ek, my old friend.”
Salen’ek made no move, and replied simply, “Why have you summoned me here, Raelor, is there trouble in your lands?”
“Not in my lands, no, but a neighbor has requested assistance. Lord Randel is having some wolf trouble on his eastern border, the one he shares with the Crystal Mountains.”
“The last two rangers I sent into those mountains never returned. Perhaps we deter them from reentering your friend’s domain, however, this is not why you requested my presence. Your friend has already requested our assistance, Karth is on his way there now. What do you really want?”
Raelor nodded his head in appreciation of the naga’s tact. “Very well, I’ll give it to you straight—“
“I should hope so, I haven’t got all day.” Salen’ek replied dryly.
Raelor narrowed his eyes at the interruption, but then continued, “I want the Rangers of the Ashen Mere, to rally to me. I want you all to swear allegiance to my throne. With your power at my disposal I can unite the world.”
“We are not interested in uniting the world. We are interested only in keeping the peace. You push your rights as Jandar’s successor too far, Raelor. We do not swear allegiance to you.”
Raelor jumped to his feet, wings spread, eyes blazing with fury, but the ranger had vanished.
Outside the castle Salen’ek shifted back to his human form and mounted his horse. “Let’s go Albreich.” (al-bray-ch).

A being dressed similarly to Salen’ek and sitting astride the same breed of horse glanced from side to side without moving his head (yes I ripped the rangers off of John Flannagan’s series). He didn’t need a memo to tell him something was definitely wrong in the town on which he now gazed from the bluff where he had stopped for a drink from a small stream. Looking through a pair of binoculars given to him by his father Drake Alexander, Karth took note of the boarded up windows, the absence of dogs barking, and children laughing. Karth nodded his head.
“Classic” he muttered. Karth wore no visible weapons, he carried no axe, no mace, wore no armor, carried no bow, but he was still one of the most deadly warriors the rangers had ever trained. He turned his horse and started down toward the town.
That concludes this morning’s addition to the Final entry of Thormund’s journal. Thank you all.

Old June 14th, 2013, 04:45 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Very interesting. I look forward to reading more. I liked Slink's character, hopefully his son will prove to be as well written.
I'm fascinated by the idea of Raelin and Drake's offspring still being on Valhalla. As Half-Kyrie, do they all have wings? Do any of them have an affinity for magic? This will be a very good read.
Old June 16th, 2013, 09:35 AM

Thanks for bringing that up because you just gave me an idea, which really just expands a previous idea I had. Raelor has wings, because he was most identifiably kyrie he was given control of Jandon. Karth didn't have those bulky things in his way and was able to join the rangers. Now I'm going to give Cosette the gift of scrying that way she can see more of what is going on. I'll have the next installment up tomorrow.

Old June 18th, 2013, 09:28 AM

Karth’s shaggy pony stopped at the village gate and shook its head, something was wrong. Smoke loomed up from the Eastern end of Newbury.
“Right then, we’ll start with the eastfold.” Albreich nickered agreement, and trotted through the gate unimpeded and even welcomed heartily by the guards on the wall.
The captain of the watch came out to meet him. The captain looked up expecting to see a face, but saw none, Karth’s face was shrouded by his deep cowl. At the captains hesitation Karth groaned and snapped, “The longer we sit here the more of your people die, TELL me what the situation is or I’ll leave right now.”
The captain snapped to attention, “It’s wolves sir their wreaking havoc in the—“
Karth had heard what he needed to hear he put his heels to his horse and they both bolted down the road.
He rounded a bend a mile down the road, the screams of the dying and the afraid hot in his ears, and the sight that stretched before him was too horrible to describe in great detail, but blood flooded the ground. Corpses were strewn about the ground, men, women, and children were spared no discrimination. City guards were forming ragtag lines around the area try to contain the wolves.
“My“ Karth thought, “it’s as though they had never fought a battle in their lives.”
Karth sat his horse watching the slaughter for only a moment, he knew he was no match for a raiding party of wolves, especially not with the help of the pathetic excuses for soldiers Lord Martin had. Then he spotted him, Kosomet, the pathetic excuse for a dark lord. Karth took his time navigating the battle keeping to the shadows until he neared the darklord. He had only one shot at this, he couldn’t blow it.
Kosomet had just run down and young man and his girlfriend, they lay on the ground at his feet, their arms around each other. She was crying and he was speaking urgently to her in soft tones. Kosomet raised his scythe over them, an evil gleam in his eye, before screaming in agony and fury. The fighting in the courtyard stopped. Kosomet faced the shrouded figure before him.
“Who-are-you.” Kosomet said panting between each word.
“Figure it out.”
Kosomet looked down at the fletchingless arrow in his arm and then at the weaponless hands of the ranger. Recognition flickered in his eyes, and he shrank back, “Curses!” he cried, “of all the catastrophies of this plain, I have to get Karth!
Karth smiled but no one could see it. “That is correct. Now, Kosomet, you know very well that Newbury is not within your hunting reserve.”
“There’s nothing but foxes and fowl to eat on the stinking reserve.”
“Yes I know. This is strike two Kosomet. Three strikes and I kill you.”
Kosomet hung his head knowing, as the all the wolves did, that Karth could make short work of Kosomet, and he was the mightiest of all of them.
“Take your wolves and go, and don’t even try your old, ‘this isn’t over’ line, because do something like this again and it WILL be over, for you.”
Kosomet lead his wolves out of the breach they had made in the walls and back to their reserve. Some of the guards cheered, the others lay dead or wounded. Karth turned his horse back the way he had come, having neutralized the threat in a single blow. Stories would be told of the day, and the blows he had struck would probably increase a hundredfold, but some would never forget the truth.
Karth noticed a look of discontent on the captain’s face. He stopped his horse, “Is there a problem, Captain?”
“Yes,” the captain said a little heatedly, “In fact there is. Those beasts killed a quarter of my men and more than a hundred people, and you just shooed them away!”
“You think I should have killed them all.”
“You could have.”
“Perhaps, but honestly captain, judging from the incompetency of your men in dealing with this situation I’d say the city deserved what it got.”
The captain looked about to say something that would inevitably end his life, but Karth stopped him, “or I could send for advisors from Jandon to come and take over this city. I’m sure Lord Martin wouldn’t argue with me, Kosomet didn’t.”
The fury in the captains eyes died and he nodded his head, “I’ll see to a better training program.”
“You do that captain.”
Karth road through the gates and off to a ranger checkpoint for a new mission, he never looked back.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction