Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 16th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker
Marrden Nagrubs/ Hivelord Question

The question is, if you have a Hivelord adjacent to a Nagrub, can you destroy the nagrub in order to take a wound off of that Hivelord, if that Hivelord has taken no wounds?
We actually ran into this. A nagrub was on a narrow path in the way of Tor-Kul-Na. The owner of the Hivelord wanted to destroy the Nagrub, but had no wounds to take off. The owner of the Hivelord thinks it should not matter if he has a wound or not, he has the option to destroy the Nagrub if he wants to. The person he was playing against said he can only destroy a Nagrub if he has a wound, and that the rest of text says if you destroy, remove 1 wound marker. It does not say you may.

Unfortunately there are not a lot of characters with similar powers to compare them to see how they work. We came up with Cyprien and Kelda, but theirs were so different that it is hard to compare. Cyprien's does say the word "may", and Kelda's does say "upto".

So, having asked the question, shown our thought process, and shown our effort, what are your thoughts?

-TMM

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Marrden Nagrubs/ Hivelord Question

I see your ambiguity, with that "may move" and "may destroy" but then a simple "take 1." Nevertheless, I would be of the opinion that the Hivelord may destroy the Nagrub even if there is no wound marker to remove.
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:11 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

I agree with Rev...
If my opponent wants to destroy his own figures... Im always for it!

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:14 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
I see your ambiguity, with that "may move" and "may destroy" but then a simple "take 1." Nevertheless, I would be of the opinion that the Hivelord may destroy the Nagrub even if there is no wound marker to remove.
I would disagree. I have no argument to back this up, it just seems the intent of the designers that you must use the Nagrub to remove a wound. I wouldn't be surprised if Rev, is right, though. (Does that help? )

Paging theGuru...
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:24 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Hmmm... well if moving 0 is still considered moving, then I would say that you can destroy a Nagrub even if you don't have a wound marker to remove.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:32 AM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

'may destroy one adjacent Marrden Nagrub'

Seems pretty clear to me, but of course, I'm always on the wrong side of rules discussions, so maybe that means you can't
Old June 16th, 2008, 10:35 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
'may destroy one adjacent Marrden Nagrub'

Seems pretty clear to me, but of course, I'm always on the wrong side of rules discussions, so maybe that means you can't
Best rule logic ever.
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

The next sentence says "remove one wound marker;" not, "you may remove one wound marker."

I am on the fence - you can always move through your own Nagrub, but if an enemy small or medium figure is on the other side of it, you cannot Trample Stomp it unless that Nagrub is gone.

I suppose the Nagrub just becomes a case of over-eating?

Old June 16th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

There is always the option of simply Trample Stomping the offending Nagrub...
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well, now I know who Damja was playing with (this question came up in the Nagrub Book last night). I lean towards saying no. The imperative in "remove 1 wound marker" doesn't seem to allow for use by an unwounded Hivelord. Still... I could easily see it the other way.

~Aldin, who would love to see a theGuru post on it

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom View Post
There is always the option of simply Trample Stomping the offending Nagrub...
True, though no guarantee of rolling the 8 or higher.
Old June 16th, 2008, 11:59 AM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I say yes and here is my evidence:

"Before moving the chosen hivelord you may destroy one adjacent Marrden Nagrub you control."

So that means you would be able to destroy that Marrden Nagrub in the hivelords way even with full health.

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's