Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 8th, 2007, 03:30 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Bigger Bases

I noticed that some of the bases on the larger double hex figures are wider than others and I'm wondering why that is. Is it to prevent some of the more powerful figures from occupying certain spaces? Like Theracus can be on two wall hexes that have battlements on either side, but none of the dragons can. Was this intentional to create another size difference in bases, other than simply single or double?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 8th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I've wondered about this myself. My best guess is that the size of the base is most closely related to figure balance so nothing topples too easily. Clearly there is a small tactical component as well, but I don't think anyone at hasbro is saying "if we add a millimeter to the diameter it will help justify the point cost".

~Aldin, trying to fit DW9k in a hex

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yes like Su-Bak-Na he always falles over on me it's crazy.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:15 PM

dracofire1234 has disabled reputation
That happens to me to but I don`t know why the bases are bigger on differnt size but it is probly the size and to make there size bigger.

Giant bannans and zombies from from outer space are here so get out your chainsaws men ( this is a work of a mad man, or is it)
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I always figured it was for stability but there might have plans in the early stages of game development to use the figures base size as a factor in powers but they instead went with using the size designators Huge, Large, etc.

Newb.
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm thinking after play testing Su-Bak-Na they changed their base size because I don't have a stability problem with anyone else.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:42 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan
Yes like Su-Bak-Na he always falles over on me it's crazy.
Yeah, whenever I play him I take his wings out just for that reason. So far it hasn't created a line of site issue.
Old November 8th, 2007, 06:56 PM

Neonexus has disabled reputation
Huh, I've never noticed this before. I'd figure it'd just be an issue with stability. It's a matter of surface area. The taller a figure is the more likely it is to topple over. A wider base would help this a bit.
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:00 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
This is an interesting theory Tia-Pan. I would lean more towards stability. Although it is possible that they didn't want bigger figures in certain places.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:55 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Man! I was going to post about this 2 weeks ago but forgot about it (but I have no theory). So yeah...Jotun's base is smaller compared to any dragon's base.

...And Nilf should have a bigger base than he has right now. You can't fit him anywhere anyway, so a huge base won't be any different.

Old November 9th, 2007, 05:54 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
I think it's to support the bigger figures on top because if there was a movable figure more than 2 spaces than it would corrupt the game almost so they just made the bases bigger so it can hold a lot bigger guys.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old November 9th, 2007, 07:12 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
I think it is also a cost issue. on the smaller models they can get away with using a smaller base, requireing less platic. less plastic means they save money.

That is the direction I lean in.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion