Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old January 5th, 2021, 11:39 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I enjoyed Dune but I never finished it, only got a little over halfway through it. I should get back to it. My brother got all the books for Christmas, so he'll be checking them out too. I'm not super-excited to see the new movie because Dune really needs to be a TV show considering its length and density, and there's pretty much no way we'll ever see any sequels to the new film which only covers the first half of the first book as far as I know.

I got Gyo the same holiday. I really enjoyed Uzumaki (or really anything by Junji Ito), though I don't know if manga counts as books.

~TAF, who always enjoys weird surreal horror

The movie's gonna be in two parts. This one's pretty much gonna be the first half.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old January 5th, 2021, 01:35 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Currently reading A History of Western Philosophy and a collected works of Edgar Allen Poe (halfway through the Gold-Bug).
Old January 5th, 2021, 01:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What is the history of western philosophy, in a nutshell?
Old January 5th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What is the history of western philosophy, in a nutshell?
I feel like this can only be answered in song....

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 5th, 2021, 05:57 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I love Dune. I'm not sure there is enough for a series, unless you bring in stuff from other books. There just isn't that much that can happen on screen. That said, there is a lot of complexity, and it is going to be interesting to see how it is done. I think the saving grace is that the director is a fan of the book, and I think he has a better grasp of the depth of the book, more so than the previous movie and miniseries. Definitely more than Jodorowski's abortive attempt. I'm so glad that was never made. I need to go back and read it again.
Old January 9th, 2021, 08:53 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I love Dune. I'm not sure there is enough for a series, unless you bring in stuff from other books. There just isn't that much that can happen on screen. That said, there is a lot of complexity, and it is going to be interesting to see how it is done. I think the saving grace is that the director is a fan of the book, and I think he has a better grasp of the depth of the book, more so than the previous movie and miniseries. Definitely more than Jodorowski's abortive attempt. I'm so glad that was never made. I need to go back and read it again.
I never read Dune or know anything about it , but I did just see that Modiphious Entertainment is coming out or has already come out with a Dune rpg.

They have have already done and still pumping out content for both Star Trek and Conan rpgs. Working on a Fallout rpg. They have done excellent work with their Fallout and Elder Scrolls miniatures games, which I own a lot of and play.

Sorry for the commercial �� I saw Dune mentioned here and had just seen it on Modiphious website.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 9th, 2021, 12:06 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I never read Dune or know anything about it , but I did just see that Modiphious Entertainment is coming out or has already come out with a Dune rpg.

They have have already done and still pumping out content for both Star Trek and Conan rpgs. Working on a Fallout rpg. They have done excellent work with their Fallout and Elder Scrolls miniatures games, which I own a lot of and play.

Sorry for the commercial �� I saw Dune mentioned here and had just seen it on Modiphious website.
That is pretty cool. Based on what I could see of the system, this could be a lot of fun. Makes me wish I had a rpg group. And the time to be in a rpg group...
Old January 22nd, 2021, 06:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I'm currently reading

Evil Geniuses:The Unmaking of America:A Recent History by Kurt Anderson

Old January 25th, 2021, 11:49 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I'm currently reading

Subtitles for the subtitle!
Old January 26th, 2021, 07:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
I'm currently reading

Subtitles for the subtitle!
Yep

Old January 29th, 2021, 09:51 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"Where is Nuts?"
--Alan Pinkerton, telegraphing to his agents in code about Lincoln's train progress in Pennsylvania in 1861, from Lincoln On The Verge

I cannot recommend this new book too highly, and I'm sorry I'm almost finished. Its great, not only for the hairs breath espionage escapes from accident and assassination attempts, which have to be read to be believed, but a picture of America painfully evolving, with Lincoln discovering his real and vital message along the rail journey from Illinois to Washington D.C. during secession through IL, IN, OH, PA, NY, NJ, DE, and MD!

We are perhaps going thorough a similar passage today.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 11:58 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Happy Birthday Robert E. Howard.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books