Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

View Poll Results: What is your interest level for a NHSD Tournament in MI?
If you don't host it, I will hunt you down and kill you. 2 20.00%
You plan it, I will play it. 6 60.00%
I will make it if my ______ let(s) me out of the basement. 0 0%
I don't care. Do what you want. 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 23rd, 2008, 04:02 PM

haleon has disabled reputation
Re: NHSD Massacre in Michigan!!

An update on my status.

Call it 30% and falling.

I think I'm "out" for this one, sorry guys.

Have some unavoidable baby-related stuff happening same day and, no offense, it takes precedence

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
- Kurt Vonnegut
Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:33 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Sorry to crash your thread guys but I am going to be in the Flat Rock area around Thanksgiving if anyone ants to try and meet up for some Scape.
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:34 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Onacara... Most of us are more north or east of detroit, you will be south of detroit... however I believe pikachu is right in that area.

Anyone up for practice games at BlueDragon? With 800pnts and 24 spaces our armies are likely going to need some test runs... I have atleast 3 build concepts I wish to try out. As for when... when ever the most people can get together.
Old September 24th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Possibly, it depends on my arrival time.

I do have a friend that will be coming as of now, and untill further notice, so add another to the list.

Another thing I wanted to add, with the absence if the glyphs, I have noticed that me and my friends test runs on Embattled Fen and been bland. There is a lack of a urgency to control a certain area, so I just hold back the whole army and let a few go and remove most of the enemy force. I have played on Ticalla Sunrise and Turret Rocks at Gencon and can see that this is also not just possible but likely to happen that someone just holds back.So I don't know if this is possible, but maybe we could allow the use of glyphs.

Thanks!
AT

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old September 25th, 2008, 07:34 PM

Darth Ryan 2.0 Woo who?

Hey everybody! Got some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I will definitely will be there the bad news is that I have to take a test that day and so I might be running late and unable to participate in the tourney itself. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I will let you know more when I find out what time the test is.

Old September 25th, 2008, 08:47 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
Onacara... Most of us are more north or east of detroit, you will be south of detroit... however I believe pikachu is right in that area.

Anyone up for practice games at BlueDragon? With 800pnts and 24 spaces our armies are likely going to need some test runs... I have atleast 3 build concepts I wish to try out. As for when... when ever the most people can get together.
Where's the Blue Dragon? I'm in Clarkston so anywhere in Oakland Co. is better than Yipsi.
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:29 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post

Where's the Blue Dragon? I'm in Clarkston so anywhere in Oakland Co. is better than Yipsi.
Blue Dragon is on Mound Road just north of M-59/Hall Rd. It's a pretty nice game store (but they don't carry HS) with a lot of space for open gaming.

I'd love to get together at Blue Dragon, but time is going to be a real problem. I'll try to find a day or 2 that I can play and post it here later.
Old September 26th, 2008, 05:22 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
Possibly, it depends on my arrival time.

I do have a friend that will be coming as of now, and untill further notice, so add another to the list.

Another thing I wanted to add, with the absence if the glyphs, I have noticed that me and my friends test runs on Embattled Fen and been bland. There is a lack of a urgency to control a certain area, so I just hold back the whole army and let a few go and remove most of the enemy force. I have played on Ticalla Sunrise and Turret Rocks at Gencon and can see that this is also not just possible but likely to happen that someone just holds back.So I don't know if this is possible, but maybe we could allow the use of glyphs.

Thanks!
AT
The problem is that glyphs can severely unbalance the game. Your point is well taken though. I will think on how to encourage more aggressive play.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old September 26th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What if we take +1 defense,+1 common,+1 unique. We ,mix them up and set them out as map standard. We could add some more glyphs too, like the lucky 20 glyph.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old September 26th, 2008, 04:47 PM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just an observation on the glyph discussion: the three maps mentioned - Embattled Fen, Turret Rocks, and Ticalla Sunrise - all indicate specific glyphs. Embattled Fen and Turret Rocks have both seen extensive play using their respective glyphs (Wannok, Astrid); Ticalla Sunrise has been played more often using random glyphs, but the limited feedback on the specified glyphs has been positive.

Using the specified glyphs eliminates the problem of random glyphs affecting the balance of the map. I do not have any suggestions for Hot Heights or Road Rampage, but at least for the other three this is a potential solution. Regardless of what is decided, I hope the maps work out; thanks for considering my maps for the tournament.
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:12 PM

Darth Ryan 2.0 Woo who?

Okay, good news the test is at 7:30am that day. So unless it takes me 4 hours to complete I will be able to participate after all. Yay!!!!

Old September 27th, 2008, 09:29 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear View Post
Just an observation on the glyph discussion: the three maps mentioned - Embattled Fen, Turret Rocks, and Ticalla Sunrise - all indicate specific glyphs. Embattled Fen and Turret Rocks have both seen extensive play using their respective glyphs (Wannok, Astrid); Ticalla Sunrise has been played more often using random glyphs, but the limited feedback on the specified glyphs has been positive.

Using the specified glyphs eliminates the problem of random glyphs affecting the balance of the map. I do not have any suggestions for Hot Heights or Road Rampage, but at least for the other three this is a potential solution. Regardless of what is decided, I hope the maps work out; thanks for considering my maps for the tournament.
Something to consider, for sure. I love your maps. Keep 'em coming. Maybe static glyphs would work better on all of the maps....I'll consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ryan 2.0 View Post
Okay, good news the test is at 7:30am that day. So unless it takes me 4 hours to complete I will be able to participate after all. Yay!!!!
Good news. See you there.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day