Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 21st, 2020, 03:45 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Psychic Projection (Uncommon) - Design

This is a cool thematic figure. But why would I want to draft it? Is this basically only a scenario-specific figure? Which is fine, but I want to know the intent. Because as it stands, these guys are the only things that can even be in an astral plane, so you're drafting them just to counter your opponent's draft (Rather than ignoring them to rot in the place doing nothing)
Old July 21st, 2020, 03:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla MrNobody is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
This is a cool thematic figure. But why would I want to draft it? Is this basically only a scenario-specific figure? Which is fine, but I want to know the intent. Because as it stands, these guys are the only things that can even be in an astral plane, so you're drafting them just to counter your opponent's draft (Rather than ignoring them to rot in the place doing nothing)
You can now draft an extra figure and stick it to an enemy. So I can draft 2, tether one to my Gorilla Grodd, and 1 to my enemy’s Invisible Woman. Then, my Grodd Projection can beat up their Sue Projection, harming real Sue.
Old July 21st, 2020, 04:06 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Huh, so you use it as an assassination piece, but have two completely equal figures in the astral plane duking it out. So that's quite a gamble for 200 points. I'd assume it'd be way less, but the fact that you could potentially assassinate a key figure in the opponent's army makes me want it higher. This'll be a beast to balance.
Old July 21st, 2020, 05:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
If I draft a character-specific projection (like we've talked about designing), can an enemy win a roll-off at the start of the game and tether this rando projection to my character instead?
I would like a way to clarify in the text that you have an opportunity to place your own Tether marker first. If you can think of an easy way to do that, that would be awesome. I had this same thought, but couldn't think of an easy wording solution and was thinking I'd just FAQ a ruling that you can place on your own first, but I know that's not ideal ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Huh, so you use it as an assassination piece, but have two completely equal figures in the astral plane duking it out. So that's quite a gamble for 200 points. I'd assume it'd be way less, but the fact that you could potentially assassinate a key figure in the opponent's army makes me want it higher. This'll be a beast to balance.
I really should've posted my thoughts on the Astral Plane rules when I made the last post here, like I did with this over in the Astral Plane thread ....

Quote:
SETUP:
The Astral Plane is intended to be playable as a standalone map or an addition to other battlefields. If a scenario or Army Card references the Astral Plane, place the Astral Plane beside any other battlefield in the play area, unconnected.

SPECIAL RULES

Otherworldly Plane
Only Manifestations may occupy the Astral Plane. Any figure that starts the game on the Astral Plane has the species of Manifestation instead of what is printed on its card. If the Manifestation or its Tether is a Telepath or a figure with the Magical Defense special power, add one to its attack and defense.

Connections to Reality
When taking a turn with a Manifestation, if it has a Tether, you may use any special powers on the chosen figure's Army Card. If the special power refers to the chosen figure or the chosen figure's card, it refers to the Manifestation or the Manifestation's card instead.

Without a Tether
At the end of each Player's turn, roll two unblockable attack dice against any figure you control that is occupying the Astral Plane and does not have a Tether. If you roll a shield, immediately place that figure in any empty space in your Start Zone, if possible.
So you can certainly make your Manifestations stronger than the enemy's Manifestations because 1. They take on the powers of their Tether and 2. Manifestations thethered to Telepaths/Magical Defense figures get +1 attack/defense.

And I tried to somewhat balance the push/pull here as you're really maxed out at three wounds you can inflict through someone's Manifestation, which should keep the cost down somewhat.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 21st, 2020, 05:38 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Actually, I think I'm going to streamline a tad here. Standby (sorry for being a yo-yo - complex design space!).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 21st, 2020, 05:39 PM

Shadow King will come later. That was just posted to be illustrative. These are the two in process:

Quote:
SETUP:
The Astral Plane is intended to be playable as a standalone map or an addition to other battlefields. If a scenario or Army Card references the Astral Plane, place the Astral Plane beside any other battlefield in the play area, unconnected.

SPECIAL RULES

Otherworldly Plane
Only Manifestations may occupy the Astral Plane. Any figure that starts the game on the Astral Plane has the species of Manifestation instead of what is printed on its card. If the Manifestation or its Tether is a Telepath or a figure with the Magical Defense special power, add one to its attack and defense.

Without a Tether
At the end of each Player's turn, roll two unblockable attack dice against any figure you control that is occupying the Astral Plane and does not have a Tether. If you roll a shield, immediately place that figure in any empty space in your Start Zone, if possible.
Spoiler Alert!

Old July 22nd, 2020, 02:18 PM

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!

CONSISTENCY CHECKLIST (SHORT FORM)
Spoiler Alert!

I propose we move to Initial Playtesting.

Old July 22nd, 2020, 02:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Psychic Projection (Uncommon) - VOTE for Ini

Yea
Old July 22nd, 2020, 02:36 PM
Tickles Pickles

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old July 22nd, 2020, 03:17 PM
One time at band camp...

Abstain

I just can't wrap my head around this. Totally lost (But haven't been following the work you've done before now, that might help) Sorry.
Old July 22nd, 2020, 09:15 PM

Added some marker placement timing clarity and put in a Mental Shield nod for Tickle and a Telepath restriction for Soundwarp.

Old July 22nd, 2020, 10:12 PM

Re: The Book of Psychic Projection (Uncommon) - HOLD

Conversations about streamlining this mess on Discord have led me to putting this on hold. I do have what I think is a solution, but it's going to require two threads, so I want some input before I lay out the points. I'm going to take things to the Astral Plane planning thread and try to make sure I have folks on board before I try to proceed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library