Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 30th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
That is not something I had even considered. I forget that some ships are shared between some factions. As you say, that would be a way to get a big ship for my immediate Empire needs, and also a start for the Scum. I have to really consider now what faction that I want go with. As much as I want to get everything for all factions I just can't afford it. Thanks rudyvalentine.
I'm a little late here, but I have to say that picking up Most Wanted and then getting the rebel HWK, a rebel Y-Wing, rebel Headhunter, and Slave I, is a great way to expand your collection in both size and flexibility.
The headhunter is one of my favorite ships, for both rebels and scum. Its a nice way to cover your more powerful ships, while giving some nice additional powers (Blount+Adv Proton+Deadeye is a really cheap unit that can devastate aces
Old June 30th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

You mean Advanced Homing? Because Zs can't take Torps.
Old June 30th, 2016, 08:19 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I'm a little late here, but I have to say that picking up Most Wanted and then getting the rebel HWK, a rebel Y-Wing, rebel Headhunter, and Slave I, is a great way to expand your collection in both size and flexibility.
No your not late. I haven't bought anything yet. I like what you are saying. I really think that I would like the Scum faction over the Empire. The only thing I might do differently than you suggest is to maybe get the Slave 1 first. My thinking is that I can use it with my current set right away. If I get Most Wanted first it wouldn't be enough on it's own to make a decent 100pt army. So Slave 1, then Most Wanted, HWK, Y-Wing, Headhunter.

What is the reason for getting the rebel versions when there are also scum versions of some of these ships? Better pilots/upgrades I assume?

Thank you for the suggestions!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 30th, 2016, 11:30 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
What is the reason for getting the rebel versions when there are also scum versions of some of these ships? Better pilots/upgrades I assume?
Most Wanted is like a mini starter set for the scum faction. Not only do you get the three ships you see in the packaging, you also get extra dials and pilots for the rebel ships the scum faction can fly.

You still have to buy the individual ships, which are rebel ships, or the slave 1, but you can use the same minis to fly the scum versions.
Old July 1st, 2016, 06:45 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Most Wanted is like a mini starter set for the scum faction. Not only do you get the three ships you see in the packaging, you also get extra dials and pilots for the rebel ships the scum faction can fly.

You still have to buy the individual ships, which are rebel ships, or the slave 1, but you can use the same minis to fly the scum versions.
Ok I got it. I was a bit confused. I was thinking that there were actually scum versions of those ships, but looking closer, I think the only scum versions are the ones that come with the Most wanted pack. Thanks!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 3rd, 2016, 03:56 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Ok I got it. I was a bit confused. I was thinking that there were actually scum versions of those ships, but looking closer, I think the only scum versions are the ones that come with the Most wanted pack. Thanks!
Yeah, Most Wanted comes with dials for Slave I, a Y-Wing, and the HWK, even though it doesn't have those ships. Although there are no extra dials for the Headhunters, you can use your rebel dial with a scum pilot--and you can use your scum dials with rebel pilots from your rebel headhunter. Same with the Scum Y-Wing. Lots of flexibility by owning that set and the paired ships.

Picking up Slave I first makes a lot of sense.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 3rd, 2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, Most Wanted comes with dials for Slave I, a Y-Wing, and the HWK, even though it doesn't have those ships. Although there are no extra dials for the Headhunters, you can use your rebel dial with a scum pilot--and you can use your scum dials with rebel pilots from your rebel headhunter. Same with the Scum Y-Wing. Lots of flexibility by owning that set and the paired ships.

Picking up Slave I first makes a lot of sense.
Thanks again @capsocrates

When I first came back to Heroscapers I was just trying to get back into Heroscape and trying to do so without spending much money. Now I have Heroscape + AotP + X-Wing. Now there are all of those present and future must-haves that come with owning these three games.

Old July 3rd, 2016, 09:57 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Welcome to where many of us currently live, lol.

It's not a big club, but the people in it sure are nice!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 7th, 2016, 05:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

X-Wing, I finally had to go and buy a couple of starter sets. I haven't got them in the mail yet, but can anyone tell me if the rods in the support bases for them are 1/16 clear plastic dowel rods? I just picked up a whole bunch of the clear and colored rods for starwars miniature figure customs with lightsabers and the clear rod, hopefully for a small fleet of cloned tie fighters and such.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 11th, 2016, 02:14 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Just got an email today about the release of v.1 of X-Wing Ground Assault!

http://xwingassault.com/
Old August 12th, 2016, 10:40 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Porkins, that is pretty neat. I was in a Hastings yesterday that is apparently going out of business. I picked up another set of Imperial Assault dice, and then I picked up X-Wings Slave 1. What sets are out that expand on rules that add to the game for the different tactics and/or faction builds. I'd also like to see any of you guys builds with the slave 1 in them. I'm just getting into this, but it seems pretty cool, and my brothers look like they'll be into it as soon as I get enough ships to make a decent game. Also, any mention of you guys favorite ships and why would be cool to consider as well. I'd most likely not go out and buy em all cause that would be rather spendy.

@capsocrates , I'm already considering the set you mentioned a couple of posts ago, that's what I'm looking for. Plenty of flexibility with what you have.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 12th, 2016, 11:10 AM

@TREX

I am a noob myself but when it comes to different factions builds I would look at getting the Most Wanted pack. It introduces the third faction, Scum and Villainy. It also comes with extra cards and dials for the Y-Wing, HWK, and Slave 1 so that you can use them with both factions. And since you have multiple brothers I'm thinking three factions would be good. I wish that I would have listened to @capsocrates when he suggested that I get it.

EDIT: Well I just noticed that you told capsocrates that you were already looking at this set. Sorry

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures