Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 19th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
The Book of the Mind Flayer Mastermind

The Book of the Mind Flayer Mastermind
Warriors of Eberron - Collection D2 (12) - "Veterans of the Last War"

(If you cannot view the army card image, follow this link to the Heroscapers Gallery)

Character Bio (From truth): Ah, the Illithid. It was only a matter of time before they made their way into Heroscape! The Mind Flayer Mastermind comes as a new addition to Utgar’s horde that can take control of other players's Heroes. Not only that, but their Psionic Blast can remove order markers from defending figures!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Q. How the heck do "Uncommon Heroes" work? Is there a limit on how many I may draft into my army? Do I need a card for each one in my army? How do I tell each Feral Troll apart from the others?

A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle For The Underdark Rulebook Glossary

Uncommon Figures: Each Army may have any number of an Uncommon Army Card with the same name. If your army has two or more of the same Uncommon Army Card, you must keep those figures separate (that is, keep track of which figure belongs to which card). For example, if you are using two Feral Trolls, you must clearly mark each Feral Troll figure and a matching Feral Troll Army Card so you can tell which Feral Troll is being activated by which Order Markers and which Wound Markers belong to which Feral Troll. Uncommon figures are considered to be Unique figures in every other way. See also: Army Card, Unique Figures, and Common Figures.

The master set includes a colored sticker sheet. It is suggested that when you have more than one of an Uncommon Hero figure, you mark both the base of the figure and the corresponding Army Card with a matching color sticker so you can keep track of that figure when it’s on the battlefield.
Q. I Enslaved my opponents Viking Hero and during my turn with it, it dies (due to lava, Counterstike, Falling, Disengagement, Overextending Eldgrimm, ect.) Do I get to place the Spirit on one of my cards or does it go back to the controlling player?

A. Short answer: No.
You have only gained temporary control of the figure, when it dies, your turn is immediately over and you must give it back to the person you Enslaved it from. (Nice try though )

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received:
Ornak: Red Flag of Fury
As a Uncommon Hero that follows Utgar, Mind Flayer Mastermind may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

Torin: Evil Eye Protection
As a Medium Utgar figure, the Mind Flayer may benefit from Torin's EVIL EYE PROTECTION Defensive Ability.
Synergy Benefits Offered:

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Mind Flayer Mastermind Pre-Release Discussion

Mind Flayer - What's Your Army Idea?

Power Ranking and Master Index
Mind Flayer Mastermind- Low survivability keeps his game-altering powers in check. C

Last edited by Rÿchean; April 13th, 2015 at 10:55 PM. Reason: vc added
Old July 20th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Mind Flayer Mastermind

If anyone has any Clarifications from the Pre-Release thread that I missed, please post them.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:21 PM

N/A is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Mean bugger, can paralyze a low defense squad by knocking off order markers. Ranged Enslave in addition to that attack lets them swing twice, one of them usually works. When he gets BOTH off at once though you get to really see them at work!

Quick clarification question, if he enslaves say Kee-Mo-Shi and you use him to Mind Shackle an opponents figure, do you still gain control of said figure?

Second clarification! If I Enslave Iskra and manage to summon the Wretches while she is still under my control, do I control the Wretches or does my opponent?
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by N/A View Post
Mean bugger, can paralyze a low defense squad by knocking off order markers. Ranged Enslave in addition to that attack lets them swing twice, one of them usually works. When he gets BOTH off at once though you get to really see them at work!

Quick clarification question, if he enslaves say Kee-Mo-Shi and you use him to Mind Shackle an opponents figure, do you still gain control of said figure?
Yes, you would retain control of the Mindshackled figure.

Quote:
Second clarification! If I Enslave Iskra and manage to summon the Wretches while she is still under my control, do I control the Wretches or does my opponent?
You don't control the Retchets, only Iskra. So, no, you cannot summon them (and consequently take a turn with them) if you don't control them.

Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:41 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
You don't control the Retchets, only Iskra. So, no, you cannot summon them (and consequently take a turn with them) if you don't control them.
Unless, of course, you had the Rechets without Iskra in your army...

Granted, that's one of the least likely scenarios imaginable. I could see it happening as a result of some cutthroat denial drafting, I guess.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:55 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

However, if you do denial draft, you could draft the mastermind purposefully to take advantage of the Retchets....
Old August 4th, 2010, 01:10 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

That scenario is pretty unlikely, however. First you'd have to get your mastermind safely within four sight spaces of Iskra, then successfully roll a 17 or higher, then successfully summon the Rechets. That's only a 7% chance, not something I'd count on as a strategy or a reason to counterdraft the Rechets.
Old August 4th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It occurs to me that one nice effect of having a MFM in your army is that it forces your opponent to at least consider placing the "X" OM defensively as a potential Psionic Blast Victim instead of strategically as an attempt to mislead.

~Aldin, taking the Strong Willed feat

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:04 PM

N/A is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Uhh, I was just re-reading over the Enslave power and it says ANY unique Hero figure. Nothing about it being an opponents unique hero figure. Does that mean I can use Enslave on my own unique heroes to take a turn with them? Gives him a little extra kick if that's the case, and with the wording I don't see why not.
Old August 9th, 2010, 03:18 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Uhh, I was just re-reading over the Enslave power and it says ANY unique Hero figure. Nothing about it being an opponents unique hero figure. Does that mean I can use Enslave on my own unique heroes to take a turn with them? Gives him a little extra kick if that's the case, and with the wording I don't see why not.
Yes.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old August 9th, 2010, 05:50 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Yes.
More support for Heroscape! Team with Rhogar, Raelin and a few other Heroes (OK, and a small screen ).
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:38 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Yes.
More support for Heroscape! Team with Rhogar, Raelin and a few other Heroes (OK, and a small screen ).
Moving Raelin without wasting an OM is a pretty big deal.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units