Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old September 27th, 2012, 01:29 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Harry Potter Scape Custom Project Thread

Everyone - I'd like to gauge the interest of a Harry Potter Scape custom project, similar to the Star Wars and LotR custom threads. Please post here or PM me if you're interested.

The basic idea is to get a list of 10ish members that can design and/or playtest units. The unit should be completely compatible with official Heroscape. We'll take turns designing units, starting with Book One. A member chooses the unit to design and posts their idea for an Army Card, with no Point Total. All other members and anyone that wants to chime in can, until a majority of the members agree to the theme, stats and abilities on the card.

From there, the Point total is agreed upon by the members and playtesting begins. The playtesters each get a game in and report back with their results, and whether they feel the unit is balanced for their points, and any rules issues that came up during play. Point totals are re-evaluated as needed.

Once Points are agreed upon, the card designer designs the card and posts it in the thread. I'll link the card to the first page to keep a running list.

Who is needed (Scapers can overlap into more than 1 category)

Members
1. killercactus
2. sixthflagbearer

Playtesters

Art Designers
1. mac122

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; September 28th, 2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Harry Potter Scape Custom Project Thread

Sent you a PM.

The trickiest part of this will be finding figures. We did a Harry from the later movies in the Heroes of Fiction thread. I modded a Heroclix figure that turned out OK. The younger versions will probably be the toughest.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:47 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Reserved for Unit List.

Spell Glyphs

Wingardium Leviosa
Spoiler Alert!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; October 10th, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old September 27th, 2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Sent you a PM.

The trickiest part of this will be finding figures. We did a Harry from the later movies in the Heroes of Fiction thread. I modded a Heroclix figure that turned out OK. The younger versions will probably be the toughest.
Yeah - I realize that's going to be an issue. I'm thinking that for the witches and wizards, we'll be able to find "close enough" proxies here and there. For the non-human stuff, I'm sure there are some good minis out there. But, at least we can get through the cards, using movie stills and what-not on them until we find some good minis.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 27th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

I would definitely be interested in joining. Only problem is that I am not able to make the 'official' cards, but I'm sure someone would be willing .

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:16 PM

Some ideas to chew on while we're trying to recruit members.....

Do we want to use Heroscape Generals? I kind of thought something like this might be more appropriate:

Order of the Phoenix
Death Eaters
Ministry of Magic
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Forbidden Forest

Also, I think symbols for each figure's Hogwarts house would be cool so we can make powers play off of those as well, and a symbol for the Apparate special power:

Apparate
Instead of moving this figure normally, choose an empty space on the battlefield that has at least the same number of empty, adjacent spaces no more than 3 levels above or below it as the number of Small or Medium figures adjacent to this figure. Place this figure on the chosen space, and then place each Small of Medium figure that was adjacent to this figure prior to moving on the empty, adjacent spaces in any order. Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure moved with Apparate. If you roll a 3 or lower, that figure receives 1 wound. Figures moved with Apparate may not attack this turn.

I figure that most adult witches and wizards can Apparate, so it makes sense to have a symbol for this power. I phrased it to include stuff like Side-Along Apparition and Splinching, and I also disallow attacking on the same turn because 1) it's probably broken and 2) I've really only seen Voldemort Apparate during a duel, and maybe Dumbledore. We could always give these 2 a power to allow them to attack after using Apparate.

Also, the first figure I'd like to create is Ron Weasley, since he's my favorite character from the first book, and we should probably get the main trio done first anyway. My ideas for him include a power for the Deluminator, and probably weakish stats that can be boosted by an ability when you reveal an OM on him since he's always underestimated. A spell probably wouldn't hurt either - maybe Stupefy? Ron doesn't really have a trademark spell...

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I'll join. I should be able to get lots of ideas from my daughter and two sons.

And I like the idea of Apparate as a symbol.

And I can't see them following any of the generals either, so unique factions seem to make the most sense.

As for which figures to design first, I suggest starting with the big three and then adding other figures from the Goblet of Fire.
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:01 PM

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

I like those different divisions instead of the Generals. Would it be a good idea to make a list of all of the different characters we want to create first, as kind of an overview, and we can sort them in order of importance/ what to make first?

One question I had, when we get there, do we make another card for the Animagi when they are in their animal forms?

Quote:
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
I like those different divisions instead of the Generals. Would it be a good idea to make a list of all of the different characters we want to create first, as kind of an overview, and we can sort them in order of importance/ what to make first?

One question I had, when we get there, do we make another card for the Animagi when they are in their animal forms?
As for Animagi, my first thought with them was a dual-sided card. Transforming = flip over the card and change out the mini. All wound markers remain.

List of important characters that definitely need made:

Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter
Ron Weasley
Hermoine Granger
Neville Longbottom
Ginny Weasley
Fred & George Weasley (I'm thinking Unique Squad)
Arthur Weasley
Molly Weasley
Remus Lupin
Rubeus Hagrid (could be Forbidden Forest, too....)
Sirius Black
Mad-Eye Moody

Death Eaters
Lord Voldemort (probably needs Horcrux glyphs, and maybe a dual-sided card for his spirit)
Wormtail
Severus Snape (he needs to follow Hogwarts AND the Death Eaters)
Bellatrix Lestrange
Lucius Malfoy
Draco Malfoy
Crabbe & Goyle (another Unique squad?)
Fenrir Greyback

Hogwarts
Albus Dumbledore
Minerva McGonagall
Filius Flitwick
Horace Slughorn
Pomona Sprout
Peeves
Dobby
House Elves

Ministry of Magic
Cornelius Fudge
Dolores Umbridge
Aurors

Forbidden Forest
Aragog
Grawp
Firenze
Centaurs
Acromantulas
Unicorns

There are a lot more, but I tried to start with the ones really central to the story

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:15 PM

Could we make a common Death Eater squad? Maybe some sort of bonding with Voldemort or other high ranking Death Eaters? Because there are alot of them, and we definitely dont know all of their names.

Quote:
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

There is a Harry Potter Board Game:
Hogwarts: House Cup Challenge

NOTE: Some MOST OR ALL versions of the game apparently come with 4 Stand- Up Character Tokens instead of figures.
Don't rush out and buy it without checking more info.

Last edited by White Knight; September 28th, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
Could we make a common Death Eater squad? Maybe some sort of bonding with Voldemort or other high ranking Death Eaters? Because there are alot of them, and we definitely dont know all of their names.
Definitely. Loyal Death Eaters?

Here are some ideas for squads I have, since my list is short on them. Many come from the commons I designed for custom Summoner Wars cards over on plaidhatgames.com:

Ministry Aurors
Hogwarts House-Elves
Loyal Death Eaters
Suits of Armor (could be Uncommon Heroes)
Hogwarts Ghosts
Acromantulas
Centaurs
Cornish Pixies
Unicorns
Mountain Giants
Blast-Ended Skrewts
Ministry Officials
Dementors
Gryffindor Students
Hufflepuff Students
Ravenclaw Students
Slytherin Students
Inferi
Muggles

White Knight - nice find on those minis, even if they're rare! If they fit the scale, they're perfect for the younger kids, which are probably the toughest to get sculpts on.

EDIT: Here's another possible place to get minis, at least for the trio. They're in 25mm scale - isn't that comparable to scape?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; September 28th, 2012 at 04:46 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum