Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old October 9th, 2023, 12:21 PM

Lord Zed knows what's in an order marker Lord Zed knows what's in an order marker Lord Zed knows what's in an order marker
Re: Public Design Workshop 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Here was mine
I saw yours, I liked it. I wanted to go for a younger Scrooge so as not to step on your toes.
Old October 9th, 2023, 10:34 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Looks like we need an Out There 2.0 thread.
Feel free to start one up. You tend to be the champion of the Public folks so it makes sense for you to have the OP there.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 8th, 2023, 01:29 PM

Lord Zed knows what's in an order marker Lord Zed knows what's in an order marker Lord Zed knows what's in an order marker

Here are some One-Shots. I'm not sure about the formatting. My goal is to have some small point add-ons that could help fill out an army. Something in the range of 5-30 pts.

Quote:
NAME = QUIPPY REMARK
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE
TYPE = ONE-SHOT
POINTS = ??

QUIPPY REMARK
When an opponent within two spaces rolls a d20, you may play this card to add or subtract 2 from the result.

PUBLISHER:
REQUIREMENTS:
KEYWORDS:
Quote:
NAME = ADRENALINE RUSH (Yodaking's idea)
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE
TYPE = ONE-SHOT
POINTS = 5??

ADRENALINE RUSH
Before activating a figure with a range of 1, play this card to add +2 Move and +1 Attack to that figure for this turn.

PUBLISHER:
REQUIREMENTS:
At least one figure in your army with a range of 1
KEYWORDS:
Quote:
NAME = RECKLESS ATTACK
UNIQUENESS = COMMON
TYPE = ONE-SHOT
POINTS = ??

RECKLESS ATTACK
Before rolling attack dice for an adjacent attack, play this card to add +1 attack and -1 Defense to the attacking figure for this round.

PUBLISHER:
REQUIREMENTS:
At least one figure in your army with a range of 1
KEYWORDS:
Quote:
NAME = FLASH OF INSPIRATION
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE
TYPE = ONE-SHOT
POINTS = ??

FLASH OF INSPIRATION
When you roll a d20, you may play this card to add or subtract 4 to the results.

PUBLISHER:
REQUIREMENTS:
KEYWORDS:

Last edited by Lord Zed; November 10th, 2023 at 06:29 PM.
Old November 8th, 2023, 04:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd link the quippy remark to 1+ personality types just based on theme, not everyone is a talker. Not sure how the permanent add on would work, the idea of the one-shot is it's a one time effect. Making it work for an entire game I feel would drive the points up a bit. Maybe just have the +/- X to a d20 effect only trigger when it would change the outcome, and leave it as a once per use deal that is common. So you could draft multiples and keep it cheap to draft.

The defense subtraction from Adrenaline Rush needs to last longer than the turn, or it has no game impact.

Flash of Inspiration throws up some red flags for me. +/- 7 on the right d20 ability could be game changing.
Old November 8th, 2023, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'd link the quippy remark to 1+ personality types just based on theme, not everyone is a talker. Not sure how the permanent add on would work, the idea of the one-shot is it's a one time effect. Making it work for an entire game I feel would drive the points up a bit. Maybe just have the +/- X to a d20 effect only trigger when it would change the outcome, and leave it as a once per use deal that is common. So you could draft multiples and keep it cheap to draft.
I like that. That will make it less fiddley, any recommendation on personalities to include? Do you think +/- 1 is enough or should it be 2?

Quote:
The defense subtraction from Adrenaline Rush needs to last longer than the turn, or it has no game impact.
Oh good catch, I meant for that effect to last till the end of the round.

Quote:
Flash of Inspiration throws up some red flags for me. +/- 7 on the right d20 ability could be game changing.
Would 4-5 be less game breaking?
Old November 8th, 2023, 09:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I would start at +/- 2, but I used X above to indicate it could end up a different number after testing. As for personalities, I would look at the cards of characters you feel are quippy in nature. Spidey & Deadpool come to mind for me. I'm sure there are a lot of others.

+4 is worth exploring on the Inspiration idea to see if you can break it.
Old November 9th, 2023, 01:07 PM

I have updated the following:

Quote:
QUIPPY REMARK

NAME = QUIPPY REMARK
TYPE = UNIQUE ONE-SHOT (PERMANENT)
POINTS = ??

During setup, Select one Unique Hero in your army to attach this one-shot to. That Hero can use the power of this one-shot as if it were written on their card.

Once per round when an opponent within 2 clear spaces rolls a d20, you may add or subtract 1 from the result.

To:
Quote:
QUIPPY REMARK

NAME = QUIPPY REMARK
TYPE = UNIQUE ONE-SHOT
POINTS = ??

When an opponent within two spaces rolls a d20, you may play this card to add or subtract 2 from the result.
I wonder though, is there another way aside from tying to a specific personality/personalities? There is such a panoply of spider-people alone, will they all have a similar personality? Also, I think about Superman defeating Mxyzptlk. Many times Superman used clever words to defeat him. Maybe changing it from Quippy to something more universal... I don't know.

Quote:
ADRENALINE RUSH
TYPE = UNIQUE ONE-SHOT
POINTS = 5??

After revealing an OM on a card for a figure with a range of 1, play this card to add +2 Move and +1 Attack to that figure for this turn.

To:
Quote:
ADRENALINE RUSH
TYPE = UNIQUE ONE-SHOT
POINTS = 5??

Before activating a figure with a range of 1, play this card to add +2 Move and +1 Attack to that figure for this turn.
Quote:
RECKLESS ATTACK
NAME = RECKLESS ATTACK
TYPE = UNIQUE ONE-SHOT
POINTS = ??

Before rolling attack dice for an adjacent attack, play this card to add +1 attack and -1 Defense to the attacking figure for this turn.

To:
Quote:
RECKLESS ATTACK
NAME = RECKLESS ATTACK
TYPE = UNIQUE ONE-SHOT
POINTS = ??

Before rolling attack dice for an adjacent attack, play this card to add +1 attack and -1 Defense to the attacking figure for this round.
Quote:
FLASH OF INSPIRATION
TYPE = UNIQUE ONE-SHOT
POINTS = ??

One time per game you may add or subtract 7 to a single d20 roll that you make.

To:
Quote:
FLASH OF INSPIRATION
TYPE = UNIQUE ONE-SHOT
POINTS = ??

When you roll a d20, you may play this card to add or subtract 4 to the results.
I am not sure what would be unique and what would be uncommon/common. I imagine being able to draft a couple to round out an army and make it feel unique, but maybe limiting how many one-shots can be used per turn. I don't know if there is this kind of limiting vocabulary in the one-shot rules.
Old November 9th, 2023, 04:31 PM
C3G Landlord

The One Shots follow the old Spell Rules, we just opened up the Spell Rules from 1.0 to let other types of units make use of the concept. So the one shot spells have a Magical Affinity requirement to use. A future potential trick arrow one shot would require an Archer keyword to use.

Common one shots are often lower impact and represent something that might occur/appear multiple times during a single superhero fight. Unique one shots are often mid to high impact and/or represent a more exclusive group of themed events/objects that you wouldn't expect to be happening 3 times per round (ie. once per OM reveal).
Old November 9th, 2023, 05:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Just some general design concepts related to one shots I can share based on my previous experience with spells.

The fact that only a limited number of figures (MD + a few more) could use the spells helped to keep the cost of spells down somewhat. That was because the possibility existed that a drafted spell never would be cast when you only had one spell caster on your team. You could always draft multiple spell casters to increase the odds of being able to cast each spell drafted, but drafting an army of all spell casters generally meant you were missing out on other things from an army building stand point. There was a natural limiting factor to the number and types of spells you might draft into an army as a result.

So as we explore a wider range of one shot ideas, keep in mind that the more universally useful a one shot is, the more expensive it will end up costing. If everyone you draft into an army, no matter who/what they are, can use a drafted one-shot then you can expect closer to a 100% use rate for that one-shot. That ups the value of that effect.

Similarly, one shots that are automatic in nature or have a fixed result/impact can be worth more than a one shot that generates more uncertain results. If you can use a one-shot, that lets you roll a die to see what happened, and the results of that die might mean nothing is gained from the one shot, then the possibility of no impact can be factored into the cost and help keep the price down.

However, a 'random' game impact that could be rather large also gets factored into the cost, which is why some times those types of one shots can end up being more expensive that the fixed result types. So when developing one shots with a random outcome, try to keep the range of potential results in a tighter window. The bigger the range of results, the more the one shot will be priced on potential (rather than actual) game impact.
Old November 9th, 2023, 06:43 PM

That is really helpful. Thank you for writing it all out like that.
Old November 9th, 2023, 06:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice perspective there YK.
Some cool ideas there Zed.
Old November 10th, 2023, 11:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here's the template for One-Shots:

Quote:
NAME =
UNIQUENESS =
TYPE =

POINTS =

ABILITY NAME
Ability text.

PUBLISHER:
REQUIREMENTS:
KEYWORDS:
Looks like you're at least missing the Requirements on yours, which are a pretty important part of them.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape