Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old December 19th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Re: Fen_Hydra's D&D Custom Cards

Figure: Trained Carrion Crawler, large mini, but single spaced in 'Scape.

The first of some "Carrion Crawlers" that I'm doing.

What I've got is this, a giant Carrion Crawler, and a squad, so it would be possible to make an army out of that theme. All of the minis are really cheap on Auggies.

Enormus Carrion Crawler, Against the Giants.

Last edited by Fen_Hydra; December 19th, 2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old December 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Re: Fen_Hydra's D&D Custom Cards: Update 12/19 Carrion King

And the last:

Uses 3 Kenku Warriors.

Last edited by Fen_Hydra; December 28th, 2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old January 10th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Re: Fen_Hydra's D&D Custom Cards: Update 1/10: Chaos Slaad

This figure has not been tested at all, and the stats/powers are probably way off.

I am attempting to make him into a 500-point figure, and I'm just randomly throwing out some numbers right now.

There's also a Blood Slaad that I'm thinking on also making into something expensive, although probably in the 300-400 point range.

Comments/wording suggestions/stat suggestions are all welcome!

(Instead of normal, with him, after testing, instead of altering points, I will be altering stats (special powers, L/A/D), because of the point value I want him to turn out at.)

Last edited by Fen_Hydra; January 10th, 2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Fixed typos, changed formatting.
Old January 16th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Epic Hero = Epic Heros are not affected by any power that would automatically destroy them.

Adjustments so far: Chaos Storm to "At the end of Chaos Slaad's turn..."
Move to 7. Defense to 6.

He's getting close to being finished, and this'll probably be the last update before he's done.

Quick note if you do play him (after he's finished): Games will often not last more than two rounds, and games might be finished within a round. He kills very quickly, but also takes lots of damage, more than you would think from his defenses.
Old January 16th, 2011, 02:58 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd recommend using this instead of "Epic Hero".

The C3G came up with an excellent mechanic regarding the epic hero concept. I'd recommend just copying it.

Old January 16th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I'd recommend using this instead of "Epic Hero".

The C3G came up with an excellent mechanic regarding the epic hero concept. I'd recommend just copying it.
That sounds good... Although I think I'll change it (for this custom) to be 3 wounds instead of 4 if he's auto-killed.

I'll get the card updated soon with the semi-final changes.
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Re: Fen_Hydra's D&D Custom Cards: Update 1/30

The Chaos Slaad is still under testing... I'll get a updated version up eventually.

This has not been tested yet. I guessed on his points, and I'll probably be testing today/tomorrow.

(Not really D&D, but I don't think I should create another thread for non-D&D customs.)

The figure: A Marro Warrior wearing a Lego Star Wars cape.
__

I just downloaded MSE, as I mentioned in the OP, and I'm still figuring it out... the only main problem I'm having is getting it to show a bit more of the figure in the image, and I can't figure out how to get rid of the carpet in the background.

EDIT: Same as the Marro (not tested), but a Krav Maga Agent with a cloak this time...:

Last edited by Fen_Hydra; January 30th, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:58 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Figure image advice:
  1. Take the picture of the figure against a flat, monochromatic background. A piece of paper, for instance.
  2. Light the figure from several angles (move some lamps around as needed). The better-lit the figure is, the easier it is to make a good image.
  3. Brace the camera to keep it still (don't just hold it with your hands).
  4. Take the picture from a decent distance - if you get right next to the figure the camera usually won't focus right, unless it has a macro setting.
  5. Follow the instructions in my signature to use Gimpshop to turn that image into a good figure image.
Old February 8th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Bot Bloodhound

[Note: We're moving soon-ish and I'm having to do tons of clean-up, so I'm not getting much time to test these]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Figure image advice:
  1. Take the picture of the figure against a flat, monochromatic background. A piece of paper, for instance.
  2. Light the figure from several angles (move some lamps around as needed). The better-lit the figure is, the easier it is to make a good image.
  3. Brace the camera to keep it still (don't just hold it with your hands).
  4. Take the picture from a decent distance - if you get right next to the figure the camera usually won't focus right, unless it has a macro setting.
  5. Follow the instructions in my signature to use Gimpshop to turn that image into a good figure image.
Thanks! I'll fix the images as soon as I can.

I was toying with the idea of a marro leader recently, and I came up with this:

He uses a Ne-Gok-Sa repaint with red armor and a red line down the blade. (Hitzone up later.)

Again (unfortunately), he isn't tested, but I'm thinking I might have some free time over the weekend.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs