Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old May 28th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
"Thunderstorm", an epic massive campaign by TheAverageFan

Hello again, everyone.

As some of you may know I've been planing on my very first epic massive Heroscape campaign. I thought long and hard whether or not I'd really go through and do it, and if I should put it up for you guys, but I decided to anyways . I just got Heroscape D&D wave 1 today and so I'm very eager to get started.

I'd like to give you guys as many pictures as I can, but, once again, Photobucket is being retarted on me, and it'll take some work for me to get the maps I know you guys love .

Anyways, I'll go on ahead and post the introduction and start with terrain specifications. I'm not sure exactly how much terrain you'll be needing, so I'll give you the terrain that I do have. I have:
4 MS1
2 MS2
1 MS3
3 VW
3 TT
3 TJ
1 RtFF
3 FotA
Lots of extra terrain from various expansion packs, but I doubt you'll need any of that (as I'm sure you won't need all the terrain posted above). What you will need is enough to build the "overall map" (see further down).

The overall map is a medium sized map that represents a very big playing field. Although I'm sad to say I won't be able to post the map right away, I can tell you it's relatively important. I'll post it as soon as I can (unless I get no feedback, or if you guys don't care. Or if my computer explodes.). Let's just say it's alot in general idea to the one in Killercactus' massive campaign map (sorry for borrowing the idea; it was just so. . . effective). Your main hero will be on the map, and can only move one space at a time. Each time you move, you roll a die to determine what kind of battle your party shall face (skull being relatively easy to blank being not easy). This goes on until the party reaches a city, town, or dungeon. You continue going around, defeating various "bosses" until you finally reach the Final Boss. At towns and cities, you may sell and buy glyphs and potions and other things, and sometimes unlock the next event. I'll go into better details once the map is up...

Overall story: This story takes place in the land of Sprephor (this goes into very little detail about the Valkyrie Generals and their alleigences, as well as various heroes and species). It is in the time of an immense power struggle between Othkurik and his minions, who come for the mountain range of Gothcrux, and the elves. The elves had a power vaccum in recent years and in the fighting rose Sonlen, who become their leader. Already a strong man, Sonlen and his followers decided that the elves should, with their superhuman powers, become more militaristic. Sonlen gained more followers by declaring war on Othkurik and seized several military positions on the borderlines, leaving behind their hidden forest home. Sonlen founded Sohenburgh, the new Elven capital, on the plains of Sohen. Even now he continues to build his armies and search for allies while he holds off Othkurik.

That's what's written in the books, anyways. None of that's important to many of the people who live on the plains, including Brandis Skyhunter (who happens to be your hero and party leader of this story). Brandis lives on a tiny section on the corner of the plains, working his own land and hunting to provide for himself. He has few nearby neighbors, pays little to no taxes, and has never seen Sohenburgh in his life. He has a house that's always been there, no parents to speak of, a strong bow, and a greenish jewel he keeps with him for good luck. Figuring out life on his own, Skyhunter lived quietly for some time.

All that changed very quickly in a single day. Brandis awoke with a start early in the morning to a sound. The sound of fire. Running to the window, he looked out and saw a very unpleasant sight. He had seen many fires before, but never one raging out of control on his little field, scattering all the wildlife everywhere. As he ran outside, he could see shapes in the fire also. Figures, silhouettes. He called out to them and they turned. One of the pitch-black figures pointed a sword at him and yelled, "There's one! Kill him!!"

All feedback will be greatly appreciated, TheAverageFan

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 31st, 2010, 02:33 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: "Thunderstorm", an epic massive campaign by TheAverageFa

As usual, it seems I'll have to post my maps later, but, for now, I'll go on ahead with the scenarios etc so I don't forget.

For now, I'll post all the game mechanics you'll need to know and meanwhile post the scenarios for this first battle. You'll only start with 1 army card in your party, Brandis Skyhunter, who'll be your main hero throughout the entire scenario. Each army card has a certain amount of spaces of things they can carry. There are three categories: Equipment, Potions/spells/misc., and lastly key items. You may carry up to 3 equipment per army card, 3 potions/spells, and as manykey items as you like (only Brandis Skyhunter may carry key items). For this battle, you'll start with 1 of each. Your equipment is a glyph of Ivor (range +4), which is a three-time use (keep track!), a regular potion (1 serving), and your green jewel (find something to use for this). Most key items serve no purpose in battle.

How to make potions:
Spoiler Alert!

Treasure glyphs/regular glyphs: There will be both in this and they are different. Everytime you complete a dungeon/battle and return to the overworld map, you will lose all your treasure glyphs. Regular glyphs do not disappear. In addition, most normal glyphs are only found at shops and must be purchased. Treasure glyphs are only found in dungeons. I'll post what each glyph does and what category it goes under here:
Spoiler Alert!

I'll begin posting scenarios ASAP.

An important note: In dungeons, your figures will heal between rooms, and second wind rules apply. On the overworld map, figures do not heal until they reach a town, city, or dungeon. In addition, second wind rules do not apply.

In the meantime: Here is the overworld map: Red dots are towns and pink dots are hidden lairs that can be entered but technechally aren't towns. All road tiles above the base levels are cities. I recommend using 2 or 3 wound tiles to represent towns.

Here's the basics for the cities and towns around here:
The red dot at the bottom middle is where you will begin: the town of Sohentors (which will be incinerated and gone by the time you're actually on the map.
The town nearest that is the town of Sohenville.
Up near that is a city, that city is Sohenburgh.
The neares town northeast of Sohenburgh, bordering the desert mountains is Glaustern, and the pink dot on top of the mountains is the Minions' lair.
Just north of Sohenburgh is the town of Destrophian, and the city northeast of that town is the city of Oreld (its next to the beginning of the great river).
West of Destrophian is the great city of Estrophio (It's the one with 4 road tiles around it).
North of Estrophio is the city of Westenburgh. You won't be there too often.
The town on top of the rock tile west of Sohenburgh is the ruins of the town of Tunel. And west of that is the icy mountian.
The pink dot on the icy mountain is Concan's fortress.
Over at the jungle is a docking town of no name.
The town two spaces of Glaustern (bordering the swamp tile) is the deserted town of Gotthen.
The city not far from there (bordering two swamp tiles) is the city of Thornsburgh.
Lastly, the city in the far corner of the map, next to the Gothcrux mountians is Drow City.
Memorize all that.

Money System: As you can well imagine, nothing is free. You'll need money to buy glyphs. You may sell glyphs, defeat enemies, and discover more to get money. For now, you'll start with 10 coins. 10 coins is alot, so don't blow it!

How to earn money from enemies: Common enemies. Common squads and heroes are easy money, but not much money. When an entire enemy army card is defeated, roll the 20 sided die. If a 1-15 is rolled, you get nothing. If a 16-19 is rolled, you get a coin. If a 20 is rolled, you get 2 coins. See what I mean?
Unique figures is where all the cash is. When you clear out an army card of Unique figs, roll the 20d. If a 1-15 is rolled, you still get nothing. If a 16-19 is rolled, you get that army card's point value divided by 10, and then divided again by 2 (round up) in coins. If you get a 20, you get that army card's point value divided by 10 in coins. So if you roll a 20 for killing Tor-Kul-Na, you get 22 coins! Whereas if you get a 20 on a squad of Grok Riders, you still only get 2 coins. Money from common army cards may seem like crap, but considering all the common heroes you'll be fighting, it should keep your wallet fat.

Last edited by TheAverageFan; June 17th, 2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old June 10th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Exclamation Re: "Thunderstorm", an epic massive campaign by TheAverageFa

Now, I'd like to know whether to begin posting without maps for the time being or to wait, or to even bother at all. The playtesting is going nicely, but it would be a lot of posting, so . . . ?

Old June 10th, 2010, 07:37 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker

You can try the gallery here at HS'ers to upload the pictures too you know.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old June 14th, 2010, 01:50 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

I would like to play your little RPG type game. It reminds me of those old style rpg video games like Zelda or the really old Final Fantasy. I almost have the same terrain collection as you.
3 MS1
2 MS2
1 MS3
2 Lava
4 Road
3 Castle
1 Snow
sadly no jungle yet( but I can borrow from my friends that are down the street)

So go ahead and go crazy with the map building if you like. I would like to see what you come up with.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old June 14th, 2010, 06:16 PM

Okay; I've already got most of the maps up on Virtualscape; its just the issue of getting them on Photobucket...

Alright, I'll begin posting map-void scenarios occasionally for you, as well as the dialogue etc.

Old June 14th, 2010, 07:30 PM

Very well; I shall start.
Heroscape Thunderstorm Dungeon 1.1
Brandis leaves his house to try to fend off the attackers to save his life. Note (this really isn't a spoiler, but it saves space):
Spoiler Alert!

Face down treasure glpyhs are not picked up when proceeding to the next room, but things such as potions, throwing knives, attack/defense shields, and other items that aren't glyphs may be picked up.

Anyways! For this battle, Brandis is the only member in your party. As you may recall, he can carry certain items: up to 3 equipment items, up to 3 magic/potion/misc., and infinate "key items". Brandis starts here with a Glyph of Ivor (range +4; equipment), a regular potion (1 serving, heals 2 wounds; potion), and his lucky green jewel (key item). The jewel may be used once per dungeon, and revives Brandis fully when he dies (it does not disappear after use). Enemies here generally include Drow and Fire elementals.

HS TS 1.1 The plains: A murky combination of plains grass and sizzled ashes makes for Brandis' first desperate fight. He must escape immedeately.

Note: As you may know, Virtualscape cannot have treasure glyphs, and regular glyphs are not found in dungeons in this game, so you can assume any face down glyph on a map represents a treausure glpyh. Purple dots are Deepwyrm drow, the red dot is a fire elemental, and the green dot is your PoA's starting zone.
Spoiler Alert!
Dungeon tiles represent ashes and as such do not grant drow Hide in Darkness bonuses. Again, I recommend the DM only send in one attacking figure at a time, as Brandis is alone and still very weak at this point of the game. The house is simply 2 hex tiles stacked up to about 8, with a 7-hex and a 1 hex sand tile on top. If need be, use ladders.

HS TS 1.2 The singed plains

Green wil always be your starting zones! Red is a fire elemental, and purple is more Drow.
Spoiler Alert!

Again, try not to mop the floor with them, DM...

HS TS 1.3 End of the Trail...

The red dot is a fire elemental. The purple dot is a drow. The blue dot is a drow chainfighter. Duke it out as usual. If Brandis is doing pretty good up to this point, add another deepwyrm drow to the mix (I only have 1 because Brandis got repreatedly destroyed on this room during playtesting).
Spoiler Alert!

If Brandis is victorious, he wins and heals all wounds etc. In addition, all treasure glyphs are lost, and his Green Jewel's power resets. Proceed immedeately into HS TS 2.1, further down the thread, rather than going to the overworld map.

The rest will be on soon...

Last edited by TheAverageFan; June 17th, 2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:19 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Wow this sounds fun. Can't wait. So basically my character looks like this?
I gave the things cooler names. Lol^^

Equipment max 3
Armlet of Ivor(+4 Range)(three time use)
Light Kelda Potion (Heals 2 wounds)
Green Emerald (Revives Brandis 1 time per game if he dies)

This is gonna be all sorts of fun. It's like playing DnD or something over the internet.

Your little introduction to the story was entertaining indeed. Do I get to fight of the shadowy figures?

Old June 15th, 2010, 01:29 AM

Also I thought I might suggest an idea about the pictures. Don't use photobucket. Photobucket sucks all sorts of things. If you have a facebook or something similar that you can post pictures in upload them to that. Then go to whatever picture, right click, and click view image. Then you can copy and paste the address bar into the image bar when posting right here on the forums. Then for map building instructions, use media fire. Really easy, it's free, wont spam you e-mail box, and it's a good way to keep all your files that are online organized. Then you can send me links to the pages needed for maps. I also suggest you either use PDF files or you can put the VirtualScape files on also. Though using the VS files limits your viewership to anybody who has the updated program and has Windows.

Old June 15th, 2010, 11:30 AM

Thank you, and yes, you'll be sick of shadowy figures by the time you're done with this. One note, the Green Jewel is used once per dungeon, not once per game (as there will be multiple dungeons throughout this scenario, so you'll most likely be using its power quite a bit. I will try facebook for this, so perhaps I will have the maps up after all!

By, the way, does anyone remember how to post the 2D maps like in Heroscape instruction booklets; it'd make it alot easier for you all to see the maps and how to build them?

Last edited by TheAverageFan; June 15th, 2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old June 15th, 2010, 01:15 PM

While I'm here, I will also post the item list, a list of all items, their category, and what they do. Use this when referencing items.
Glyph of Astrid, Equipment. 3-time use. Add 1 die to your attack. Sells for 3 coins
Glyph of Gerda, Equipment. 3-time use. Add 1 die to your defense. Sells for 3 coins.
Glyph of Ivor, Equipment. 3-time use. Add 4 range to a ranged attack. Sells for 3 coins.
Glyph of Valda, Equipment. Use in a dungeon. +2 move for the rest of the dungeon. Sells for 3 coins.
Glyph of Ulvania, Equipment. Use once to add 1 attack die to all friendly unique figures for 3 turns. Sells for 5 coins.
Glyph of Jalguard, Equipment. 3-time use. Add 2 dice to defense roll. Sells for 4 coins.
Glyph of Erland, Potion/spell. Use once to summon a figure adjacent to user or can be used to exit a dungeon and return to last town/city visited. Sells for 2 coins.
Glyph of Sturla, Potion/spell. 1 time use. Revives a dead hero fully, or automatically revives holder if they are destroyed. Sells for 6 coins.
Glyph of Kelda, Potion/spell. Use once instead of attacking. Heals user or one adjacent to user fully. Sells for 3 coins.
Glyph of Mitonsoul, Potion/spell. 1-time use. Cast instead of attacking. Choose a figure within 6 clear sight spaces. Roll 20-d, if a 20 is rolled, that figure is destroyed (some enemies are too strong to be affected by this). Sells for 1 coin (or 3 coins for 2).
Glyph of Wannok, Potion/spell. Use before attacking, if a wound is inflicted, move this to afflicted figure's card. That figure recives an addition wound each turn for three turns. 1-time use. (some figures are too powerful to be affected by this). Sells for 3 coins.
Glyph of Nilrend, Potion/spell. 1-time use. Cast instead of attacking. Choose enemy within 6 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20d; if a 16-19 is rolled, the figure and all those on that figure's army card has no special powers. If a 20 is rolled, they are destroyed. (some figures are too strong to be afflicted by this). Sells for 3 coins.
Glyph of Thorian, Potion/spell. 1-time use. Cast in a dungeon to grant Thorian speed for the rest of the dungeon. Sells for 4 coins.
Glyph of Reinviegg, Potion/spell. 1-time use. Cast to grant user "Swirling Vortex" ability for 3 turns after use. See Air elemental. Sells for 3 coins.
Glyph of Crevcor,
Glyph of Proftaka,
Heroic Rune, Equipment. Gives user +1 normal attack.
Talisman of Defense, Equipment. Gives user +1 defense.
Ring of Protection, Equipment. 1-time use. Grants user +3 defense.
Potion of Healing, Potion/spell. 1-time use. Heals 3 wounds to user or a figure adjacent the user.
Chest of Brandar, Key item. Open to recieve something inside. Sometimes you will have to roll for trap when opening.
Holy Symbol of Pelor, Equipment. Gives user +2 normal attack on undead figures.
Elixir of Speed, Potion/spell. 1-time use. Gives user +4 move and phantom walk ability during that figure's move.
Whetstone of Venom, Potion/spell. 1-time use. When a wound is inflicted, add 2 to wounds inflicted.
Attack Shield 1,2,3, Equipment. Use to re-roll any attack dice that weren't skulls once. Can be used 1-3 times, depending on the number on the sheild. (Represented by Green order markers).
Defense Shield 1,2,3, Equipment. Use to re-roll any defense dice that weren't shields once. Can be used 1-3 times, depending on the number on the shield. (represented by gray order markers).
Magic Shield 1,2,3, Potion/spell. Use to have an enemy reroll any attack dice that were skulls once. Can be used 1-3 times, depending on the number on the shield. (represented by purple order markers).
Throwing Knife, Potion/spell. Use instead of attacking. Throw knife special attack. Range 5, attack 5. If the defending figure survives the attack, destroy the throwing knife. If they are destroyed, place the throwing knife on the spot where the defending figure was when the attack happened. Only has 3 attack on large and huge figures. (Note: Sharwin Wildborn is a natural with throwing knives. Add 1 to the attack when using the throwing knife with her.)
Glyph of Brandar, Varies. Varies.
Glyph of Oreld, Key item. Acts as a map in certain dungeons. When you have a map in a dungeon, all treasure glyphs are face up instead of face down.
Green Jewel, Key item. Revives Brandis once per dungeon or once when travelling on the overworld map when he dies. Also serves storyline purpose.
Glyph of Lodin, Key item. You may add 1 to your 20d rolls.
Regular Potion 1,2 serv. Potion/spell. Heals 2 wounds a serving. Can only have 1 serving a turn.
Super Potion 1,2 serv. Potion/spell. Heals 4 wounds a serving. Can only have 1 serving a turn.
Miracle Potion 1,2 serv. Potion/spell. Heals all wounds a serving, including fatal wounds and negation. Can only have 1 serving a turn.
**Any key item, treasre glyph, or non-glyph (such as potions) cannot be sold.**

Last edited by TheAverageFan; June 17th, 2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old June 15th, 2010, 04:50 PM

I can't play the campaign without build instructions. Upload your Virtual Scape files to media fire or something so I can download them. After you have them uploaded give me the links to the download pages.

One question I have. Who exactly is Brandis? Did you make a card for him or something or am I just a doofis who doesn't know who he is?

Edit- Found out who Brandis Skyhunter is. I haven't got his pack yet. I'll do a proxy.

Last edited by GeneralRolando; June 16th, 2010 at 12:31 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios