Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old February 19th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: D&D scenarios without a D&D master set: TheAverageFan's

So, I've tried this scenario quite a few times now, and if any of you people out there just so happen to have had trouble coming up with scenarios, I'll give you a couple of mine.

Numero uno: The 10 wellsprings. All you have to have are these few components. 10 glyphs of brandar (referred to as "jars" for this scenario), and 10 spare water spaces. Now, The adventuring party gets 5 of these jars (the others are placed on the feild, face-up or face-down, or given to enemy heroes to drop when they are destroyed.) The water spaces are placed across the field in somewhat noticable places, away from all the other water spaces. These are wellspring water spaces. All your player needs to do is stand on top of one of these while holding a jar and declare that they are going to put the water into their jar. When this happens, remove the water space and put it under the jar glyph on that character's army card. Be aware that a jar only holds one water space. Collect all wellspring water spaces to win. This is an interesting way of playing because the way we play it is after succeding a game, the PoA gets extra points to enlist new heroes next game. So we had the extra rule that only 5 water spaces had to be collected, and the more spaces we got above 5, the more points we got for next match. Another challenge this scenario poses is the lack of space for glyphs the PoA had !

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 19th, 2010, 06:19 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That is a very interesting scenario. I might have to try it sometime. I do have one question. Can you steal a jar from a destroyed figure the same way you do with treasure glyphs? Also thanks for being one of the few to look at my dungeon.

Old February 19th, 2010, 06:36 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Number 2: The Darkness.
Two things you need to do for this scenario. One: put aside all of you glyphs of Ivor (aka Range +4). Give one to your PoA to start off with. I suggest you put one in the shop. And the rest I'd put at the beggining of certain rooms, face up (I also suggest you have at least 4 Ivor glyphs ). Sencond thing I suggest is that you remember at all times that the dungeon in this scenario is indeed very dark (since we have no shadow tiles, but this is a real dungeon, so every tile is a shadow tile ). Since it is so dark in there, all ranged figures cannot see, so they get -4 range, making their minimum range 2 (it can't go any lower than that). This is where the glyph of Ivor (now referred to as the torch) comes in. Whoever posesses the torch gets his range back to normal, as well as all figures adjacent to him. Your party can carry more than one torch. The lifespan of the torch varies, depending on the size of the field and the number of Ivor glyphs you have. If you have 1-2, they might as well last forever. If you have a relatively small number of character/enemies, they might last as low as 4 turns. They might last 20 turns. If you have a very small stage, they may not last very long at all. If your living room floor is now covered in a layer of heroscape, they might last a little while . Your goal as the PoA, is to leave the dungeon. Yes, leave, because in this scenario, you start at the end of your dungeon and try to get to the enterance (creative, huh??? )!
If this seems complex enough to you, you may want to scratch the shop this time, because when I played this out, it was... well... pre-shop.

Old February 19th, 2010, 06:38 PM

About the jar... When you kill the enemy hero, place the jar where he died. It is now just like a face-up glyph waiting for someone to pick it up (sorry, I know very little about the treasure glyph mechanics). No problem, by the way.
(P.S. I like your quote. Q9, ugh.)

Old February 19th, 2010, 06:40 PM

Well... gotta go (trying out a new scenario now. I think we might lose... Q9 AND Q10 dead! Those dirty sentinels...)

Old February 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM

Now scenario 3, one I've yet to try but I plan to do so next game I play (if, that is. big day ).
This scenario is strikingly similar to the darkness, as it will require you to set aside all your "Intercept order" glyphs (the ones that just so happen to look like maps). These no longer serve their normal purpose and are now to be referred to as "the map" (I suggest you have at least two, one to start and one to put in the shop, at a decent but not too low price (these things will be awfully vauleable, believe me.).
Remember How I said that the whole dungeon is basically shadow tiles?? Well, since this is the case, a map is required to assist in keeping your teammates from forever getting lost in the darkness ! Here's how it works: your PoA begins with a map. Give it to one of your adventurers (preferably the strongest member, aka major Q9) as if it were a normal glyph (thus taking up one of his 6 open spaces). Now, upon entering the dungeon, all players mustn't stry further than 6 clear sight spaces from the one with the map, or else by the end of the round, they risk getting lost. At the end of a round, roll the 20 sided die for all your players outside of the 6-space range of the map bearer. Subtract 1 from your roll for each space away from the 6-space range of the map bearer (for instance, if Kaemon strays too far and is 12 spaces away from the map bearer (6 spaces away from the 6-space range), he gets -6 to his roll). If you roll a 1 or lower, the player becomes eternally lost in the darkness forever. Continue play as normal.

Old March 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

been a while since any body posted but good job anyways i do have the ms3 but this will certainly spice it up for me as well

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old March 28th, 2010, 07:38 PM

Thank you, I know I haven't posted my own map yet (if you want to know why, check my post on the A-Z index of scenarios somewhere around here...)

P.S. I like your little guy shooting the Jandar symbol . Jandar figures... ugh... don't get me started (sentenials).

Old July 10th, 2010, 01:30 PM

Drizzt Do'Urden is surprisingly tart

Very very interesting. I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while, because I don't own a MS3. Well done
Old July 10th, 2010, 02:48 PM

Thank you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios