Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old February 1st, 2010, 12:22 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Eye Tyrant - End of Squadscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Souza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
This guy is waaaay overpowered. Neat concept, but I'd say to tone down his powers some to make him more playable. As of now he is infinitely better than even the Hulk.

-scorp
I agree with Scorp.

The Tyrant is charecterfull and in line with his D&D counterpart, which unfortunately makes him out of the scope of Heroscape usability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
I still like him at 340.
And I'm loving the 4 Move.
I'd like to find ways to keep some of the flavor, and make him more playable. I agree that right now he is devastating.

How might you adjust him to be more in the 150-250pts range?

life 5-7?
def 4-5?

Keep the Aura and tweak some numbers. (The wording here is not official)

1-5 nothing
6-10 normal attack of 2 dice
11-15 normal attack of 4 dice
16-17 Telekinesis - as written
18 petrifying - remove 1 order marker at random from targets army card
19 disintegrate - inflict 1 automatic wound
20 normal attack of 10 dice

Please post some other ideas if you like.
Old February 1st, 2010, 12:37 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree that cutting the life is a good idea. I don't agree with the other ideas. I'm not an expert but from what I've heard that thing is simply not meant to be weak. What's wrong with a 400 something point unit? I think it would be fun to play. Just my opinion.

Old February 1st, 2010, 12:44 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I agree that cutting the life is a good idea. I don't agree with the other ideas. I'm not an expert but from what I've heard that thing is simply not meant to be weak. What's wrong with a 400 something point unit? I think it would be fun to play. Just my opinion.
because then you can't draft anything else. Unless he's scenario specific.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old February 1st, 2010, 01:24 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought he was supposed to fight alone. Anyway it's not so much the toning down I don't like. It's that giant 1-5 nothing happens. If you put that in there he's just a beefed up Runa. If you weaken him to much you lose the feel of the unit.

Old February 1st, 2010, 01:40 AM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I thought he was supposed to fight alone. Anyway it's not so much the toning down I don't like. It's that giant 1-5 nothing happens. If you put that in there he's just a beefed up Runa. If you weaken him to much you lose the feel of the unit.
It's not like he's going to be standing there doing nothing. He's rolling this check for everyone within 5 hexes. 75% of time it's a world of hurt.

I'd definitely start with lowering his life and defenses. Your opponents aren't going to have much left to throw at him after the aura demolishes most of them. He should probably be more glass cannon than tank.
Old February 1st, 2010, 10:16 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Conceptually the eye tyrant is 80% of a battle vs heroes.
Playability decreases with higher figure cost. The more playable it is the more removed from concept. I think the original version was a good enough representation of the original concept. Although I took it down, maybe I should re-post it to show how far we've gone. Now we are brainstorming a playable figure. Currently the most expensive classic scape figure is Jotun at 225pts. The most expensive marvel figure is Hulk at 370pts.
I think we are really going for here is something that kills squads and dies to heroes.
Old February 1st, 2010, 08:18 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Re: Eye Tyrant

How might it be worded so that the aura would only affect squad figures?
Old February 1st, 2010, 09:00 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Sqaud killer Speical Attack
range 5 attack 5
Choose a squad figure. All members of that squad within 5 clear line spaces up to the limit shown on the figures card are affected by Squad killer specail attack. Common Figures recieve 2 less defense dice when defending against Sqaud killer Speical Attack. Each figure defends seperately.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 2nd, 2010, 01:37 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Roll the d20 for each opponent's squad figure within range.
-
Roll the d20 for up to eight figures within range.
-
Heroes should be able to be targeted.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 27th, 2010, 01:49 AM

odbo255 has disabled reputation

I've been thinking about creating a custom for the eye tyrant for some time.

In DDM he really is a "one unit army" and is priced accordingly.

Before I make any suggestions, I really, really like what you have done so far.

Here goes (listing only changes):

---

I'd increase defense to 5.

Eye Gaze
After moving and before attacking, Eye Tyrant may use Eye Gaze. When using Eye Gaze, choose 3 figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Eye Tyrant. Roll the 20 sided die for each figure in the order that you choose. You may choose the same figure multiple times.
1-5 Telekinesis: move the figure up to 3 spaces ignoring height. Damage from falling rules apply.
5-10 Petrifying: remove an order marker of your choice from the figure's army card. A squad may not lose more than one order marker in a turn.
11-15 Searing: roll 4 unblockable attack dice.
16-18 Withering: roll 5 unblockable attack dice.
19 Death: roll 10 unblockable attack dice.
20 Disintegrate: the figure is destroyed.

---

After beating up 3 figures with Eye Gaze, he *still* gets his normal range attack.

Personally, I think this is still a devastating figure even with the more "toned down" special ability and the increase in points.

If you'd like, I'd volunteer to play-test the above version if you'd like some real world play feedback.
Old April 27th, 2010, 02:33 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
Quote:
because then you can't draft anything else. Unless he's scenario specific.
Sorry CoD I just find this a little amusing coming from the creator of the 700 point unstoppable dragon. No offense meant.
Old April 30th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by odbo255 View Post
I've been thinking about creating a custom for the eye tyrant for some time.

If you'd like, I'd volunteer to play-test the above version if you'd like some real world play feedback.
Thank you for the offer but I don't feel that's really necessary. I made this mini a few months ago and while it was fun to play around with I find it difficult to price minis beyond the 150pt mark.

Good luck with your own version it's always interesting to see what other people come up with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs