Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:47 PM

Monk has disabled reputation
An Idea , for Magic: Scarlet Witch

Magic users are hard to do in a system that's set up for Attack/ Defense
so I've been looking into ways where the Magic does the fighting for
the magic user. I chose Scarlet Witch for a start as she has Wild, uncontrollable magic which can affect friend and foe alike....Anyway
her unpredictability makes her fun to play...I'm using red and blue in
the Powers description section to conform to the attack/defense rolls..
and in magic all spells are line of sight unless specified...
Let me know what you think......strengths and weaknesses
Old June 3rd, 2008, 01:29 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Re: An Idea , for Magic: Scarlet Witch

I still think you are going to need to provide a range of some sort to the magics. Having SW drop an Explosion Attack from one side of a map into the other starting zone, though still line of sight, is a little unbalancing.

As far as the "Magic" mechanic itself, it certainly adds a layer of uncertainty. Unfortunately, it also adds a level of complexity. Not that rolling an extra handful of dice is all that complex, I just think the process can be done much easier via a d20 roll.

There really is no difference other than rolling 1 die compared to X amount of attack/defense dice. A percentage can be established either way.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:46 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: An Idea , for Magic: Scarlet Witch

Pretty much I agree with UPC. Use the 20-sided die and play with the percentages, it keeps it a little simpler.

I actually just completed my Scarlet Witch custom yesturday and I like how much thought you put into the figure. However with magic users I think its makes life a lot easier to just represent two or three of their main magic applications rather than trying to fit it all in. Just my .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations