Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old September 20th, 2023, 02:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Wonder Woman - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
If people really want to preserve that, the wording isn't difficult. I just thought it was a good design choice to be consistent with how the other active lasso ability (Donna's) works. But we have the reactive JL Wonder Woman doing a lasso a different way and Montana doing a lasso a different way, so maybe consistency is too much of a pipe dream?

I think going 2 spaces on it is probably a good idea either way, as that *is* consistent across the board with JL Wondy, Donna, and Montana.
I think what you have there is fine. I guess the only thing that may seem odd is her leaving engagement from a figure so she could lasso that same figure.
Why is it ok for Donna and Ghost Rider and Spawn then?
It's not. I don't have an issue with what you have here. Just an observation on why folks were pushing for the starting the activation unengaged.

I think what you have here is a nice compromise between the oppressive feel before but still letting her have some teeth.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 20th, 2023, 02:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Was just kind of reading the room on that. I would still advocate for switching the order of that last sentence around though.
Quote:
...While Wonder Woman is only engaged to the chosen figure, its abilities are negated on your turn.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 20th, 2023, 02:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Seems like the consistency argument is starting to win hearts and minds like it did mine. Wording updated in the OP (also updated with range 2 on the lasso, which I think will make a really big difference).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 20th, 2023, 02:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
If people really want to preserve that, the wording isn't difficult. I just thought it was a good design choice to be consistent with how the other active lasso ability (Donna's) works. But we have the reactive JL Wonder Woman doing a lasso a different way and Montana doing a lasso a different way, so maybe consistency is too much of a pipe dream?

I think going 2 spaces on it is probably a good idea either way, as that *is* consistent across the board with JL Wondy, Donna, and Montana.
I think what you have there is fine. I guess the only thing that may seem odd is her leaving engagement from a figure so she could lasso that same figure.
Why is it ok for Donna and Ghost Rider and Spawn then?

I feel like you are too focused on matching mechanics here, when variety is the spice of life. I'm on board with matching the range of 2 with the same or very similar lassos on the other cards we have. Physical length of an item being consistent makes sense. How the lasso is used though can be different in the hands of different people, that's a skill/technique/training aspect being represented. Instead of Move Phase, during Transition Phase, instead of Attack Phase should all be design options open to us. Different interactions with engagement should be design options open to us.

I prefer the old engagement interaction here simply because of how powerful of an effect it is compared to other similarly themed abilities. Having your defensive abilities negated for a prolonged period of time can be devastating for a card that relies on those defensive abilities in order to be effective.
Old September 20th, 2023, 02:56 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Her skill/technique/training is exactly the same as Donna's, though, so by your argument we should be matching this lasso and Donna's. And there's plenty of spicy variety to go around already when you have Montana and Spider-man acting in different ways with their movement abilities.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 20th, 2023, 03:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Why do they have different names if they are the same person?
Old September 20th, 2023, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Why do they have different names if they are the same person?
They're not the same person. One is a magical clone of the other. Welcome to comics.

To clarify my pushback here, my dislike of the timing on OG lasso is partly about consistency but also partly about it making no thematic sense to me. Perhaps you can explain it:

Why does being engaged in a battle that she breaks free from then stop Wonder Woman from using her lasso, but starting out free from engagement and then rushing into a crowd of up to 5 enemies doesn't stop her from lassoing someone next to her?

To me it makes more thematic sense (in addition to being consistent) for her to be free from engagement when she's doing the actual lassoing motion. Variety needn't include bad and awkward mechanics just for the sake of being different, IMO.

If it's merely a power level thing, and you don't feel the three other significant nerfs put on her so far are enough (-1 Move, -2 Lasso range, significant reduction of lasso effect), I'd rather turn another knob such as 1. make the negation last for that turn only or 2. bump her cost to 320-350.

Old September 20th, 2023, 03:25 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Honestly, I think we are at the point where we should see it in action before turning anymore dials
Old September 20th, 2023, 03:27 PM

I, likewise, am pretty content with testing what's in the OP. It's short of 48 hours, but if folks support doing that, feel free to pre-yea.

Old September 20th, 2023, 03:40 PM
A Man of Taste

Pre-Yea to kicking the tires here

Old September 20th, 2023, 03:49 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Pre-Yea
Old September 20th, 2023, 03:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Original was certainly worth more than 300. Top of the meta in 1.0 IMO.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database