Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old June 19th, 2018, 08:25 AM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: GenCon 2018 Events?

Just a quick note for those of you who might be interested in, or are perhaps recommending to friends/family, the learn to play events we are running.

Be advised someone else has jumped in on our ‘territory’ so to speak and is apparently also offering heroscape learn to play events. While we obviously can’t do anything about this we do hope that is it not one of the members of this site.

That being said, if you or someone you know is interested in the ltp events please make sure to double check your sign up so you(they) get in with our group.

One of points of the ltp is to introduce new people to our great game and hopefully grow the community and obviously that’s harder to do if they aren’t playing in events associated heroscapers and around our awesome community.

- Raider30
Old June 19th, 2018, 12:56 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So I have a friend at work who has a scroll saw and loves to use it. I asked him to make us a Heroscape Plaque for the Main Event Champ. He delivered it to me today.

Check this out!!!!

Our Champion this year will receive it!

Last edited by lonewolf; June 19th, 2018 at 01:22 PM.
Old June 19th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Awesome. I am glad your friend is no longer a scroll saw.
Old June 24th, 2018, 08:55 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Is anyone hosting any events during either of the casual play slots? Trying to decide which one to buy.
I'm planning to host a reverse draft event Thursday night, as I've done the last couple years. I'll put up a post on it soon. Thanks for the reminder.
Did I miss this post?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 27th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was just looking at the exhibition hall map, the Scape area is the first section to your left as you exit the tunnel into Lucas Oil. IMO pretty sweet location

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old June 27th, 2018, 04:12 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, will certainly draw eyeballs!
Old July 1st, 2018, 10:43 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

Can anyone explain to me the Sunday event. I get all unique (squads or heroes), but how does the partner thing work. Is it each player has an 800 point army or is it each player controls 400 points of an 800 point army? How do the restrictions work? Do I need to keep 200 points of my army within 4 hexes of one of my partner's figures. I just don't quite understand. Does my partner have to have all different figures from me?

Last edited by playa1; July 1st, 2018 at 11:12 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 03:33 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

4-round. 800 point army (18 hex, no Marvel, no uncommons), using only unique figures (squads and/or heroes). Each player must control within 4 hexes & 200 points of their teammate. Each player must buy a ticket (2 per team). 16 team slots (32 players)

so your have 450 pts and he has 350 pts, ( only 100 pt diff. - so it could be 500 and 300 ) - then your army can not have 5 more hexes used then your partner, ( 4 more hexes is fine )

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 2nd, 2018, 05:18 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Is anyone hosting any events during either of the casual play slots? Trying to decide which one to buy.
I'm planning to host a reverse draft event Thursday night, as I've done the last couple years. I'll put up a post on it soon. Thanks for the reminder.
Did I miss this post?
I got around to posting the event HERE.
Old July 3rd, 2018, 01:24 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

Thanks Handel for the clarify. I misread it a dozen times, but I think I understand it now. I'll assume that my partner and I cannot have the same unique figure, and I will also assume that each player rolls initiative. Teams don't necessarily take consecutive turns, and it changes each round. I haven't played teams much before.

Is there a rule that precludes playing Old Raelin and New Raelin in the same army?
Old July 3rd, 2018, 12:10 PM

Yes, no double Raelin or Drake.

I believe for initiative, the highest roll goes first, then the opponent kitty-corner next, then the teammate of the highest roll.
Old July 9th, 2018, 10:30 AM

Mr_Chompy knows what's in an order marker Mr_Chompy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
So I have a friend at work who has a scroll saw and loves to use it. I asked him to make us a Heroscape Plaque for the Main Event Champ. He delivered it to me today.

Check this out!!!!

Our Champion this year will receive it!

That plaque is awesome. Thanks to you and your friend for making it for the tournament.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con