Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 13th, 2022, 10:53 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Binary - public playtest

Played both games with Toyhandle, his feed back is at the bottom.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Binary

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Martian War Zone
Units: Binary, Yondu(Pirate)190, Sub-Zero, Orion Arm Ravagers x2 VS Dr Doom 375, Kristoff Von Doom, Doombot x1, Beast 200, Black Panther 210, Lightning Bolt spell
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Wakandian Royal Forest – Custom Map
Units: Binary, Captain America 240, Black Panther 220, Cyclops 170 VS Toad, Quicksilver, Mastermind, Scarlet Witch, Magneto 310
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Pirates need help, she's a great addition but not enough to fix them. Solid in a generalist army. Wondering if she's maybe 10 or so points high. I think I'd take 350 Ms. Marvel over this one, for 20 points less and her bonding.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I like what Binary brings to the table. Her special attack is great, being able to target one or two figures is really helpful. Her defensive power offers some solid options for healing or auto wounding. In game two I think I could have been more aggressive with her and used her more in a shark roll. Her biggest issue is that her Pirate faction isn't very good. I like her in generalist armies but I think she might be out shined by 350 pt Ms. Marvel. Very cool design, but maybe a touch expensive.

Toyhandle's feedback

Game 1:
Doominati is a pretty strong team, especially compared to the Pirates. Binary was very threatening though, and pulled off very consistent heals, and a couple auto wounds. No card I chose for Beast’s Astute Avenger was one with disposable Order Markers, so all my my team’s D20 rolls were +1-4, making it risky for Binary to get in close to Special Attack Doom for fear of Pit Trap. Doom copying her abilities gave him the special attack he needed in order to safely attack her.

Game 2:
Original Brotherhood isn’t a particularly strong offensive team, but has some staying power, so this was a long game. If I recall correctly, Toad scored 5 wounds on Binary with two Caustic Phlegm Special Attacks, before being finished off with a Throw from Magneto. She came with a big target on her head, and fell the soonest because of it.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
She could probably come down in points. We didn’t get to use the Special Attack on more than 1 figure, and she never had any huge moments. Kind of reminds me of Archie’s recent words about Invincible (360pts) in the Unit Discussion,
“I find Invincible a bit overpriced compared to other Champions in his price range. He's often a single attack of 6, and his solid durability doesn't make up for that relatively low offense.”

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
Cool how it has very Carol Danvers style mechanics, while also feeling like more of a distinct solo style unit. Seems like the type of unit that benefits more from a bonder than a stat booster.
Old April 13th, 2022, 11:38 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks a ton guys! Not too surprised she's feeling a bit eh compared to Ms. Marvel. I'll probably keep her at 370 for the sake of army building, but after testing I'll likely adjust Binary Energy Defense to let you use both effects instead of having to choose. Small buff, but will help when the attackers whiffs with a bunch of shields.
Old April 13th, 2022, 01:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was planning to test today. Is that a change you're making? Is the SP up to date?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 13th, 2022, 02:17 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Is the SP up to date?
The SP has been hurt too many times, and isnt ready to get back into the dating pool.

You'll have to settle for just being friends.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 13th, 2022, 02:37 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I was planning to test today. Is that a change you're making? Is the SP up to date?
SP is up to date, haven't changed anything yet. Only gonna make that change if you or Shiftrex think she's a little lacking.
Old April 13th, 2022, 03:04 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gotcha. I'll test what I have set up, then. Lost most of my window today waiting to make sure I didn't test the wrong thing, though. So it might take me a bit longer, apologies.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 13th, 2022, 04:10 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
Thanks a ton guys! Not too surprised she's feeling a bit eh compared to Ms. Marvel. I'll probably keep her at 370 for the sake of army building, but after testing I'll likely adjust Binary Energy Defense to let you use both effects instead of having to choose. Small buff, but will help when the attackers whiffs with a bunch of shields.
Sounds good
Old April 14th, 2022, 06:43 PM

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: BINARY
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: SACRED SHRINE
Units: Hepzibah (140), Binary (370), Yondu (MCU) (190), Mantis (200) (900) vs Hippolyta (400), Amazon Warriors (x5) (500) (900)
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

UNIT SUMMARY: The Pirate faction isn’t her fault and she’s a nice piece in it. Offensively, she feels tougher than Ms. Marvel to me but obviously without the leadership. I like her cost as is or with a slight drop.

Old April 14th, 2022, 10:28 PM

Thanks a ton Bats! Looking good (considering that her faction is in a bad spot), gonna wait on Shiftrex's tests but I'll probably make the Binary Energy Defense change I mentioned earlier.
Old April 14th, 2022, 10:39 PM

Ah, fwiw I totally derped and missed that you could only choose one. I think she only healed like once in my games or at least only once where she inflicted a wound on the same turn, so not majorly impactful, but, yeah, I prefer it with that change.

Old April 17th, 2022, 11:24 AM

Tests from Shiftrex are in. Games were between Shiftrex and Redstang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat
C3G PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

Unit Name Binary

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 370
- Give a brief overview. First game was a pretty loose generalist build, soft synergy, no OM hub and worked out better than expected. I used Binary and Kraven as my big threats on the board, had a decently cinematic moment between her and Ultraman that didn't pan out in my favor but she did enough to secure me the game. I found myself using the special attack alot to get around Ultraman's defensive ability and did not split targets at all during this game. I used Starlord throughout to reposition people with his distracting fire and boost them up with his aura.

Map: Country Road
Units:

200 Kraven (Sergei Kravinoff)
180 Solid Snake (David)
370 Binary (Coral Danvers)
250 Star-Lord (Peter Quill)
1000, 4 hexes

vs

440 Ultraman (Kal-Il)
250 Superwoman (Lois Lane C)
210 Owlman (Thomas Wayne Jr.)
100 Weather Wizard (Mark Mardon) (I)
1000, 4 hexes

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 370
- Give a brief overview. I made good use of Binary in a tag team with Red Tornado to control the battlefield, her large movement and big normal attack made positioning difficult for the spiders. I made use of her normal attack a lot here because I was able to get height against slower moving figures and saw her range play out well in conjunction with the weather glyphs on the field. I only used her special attack a couple of times in this matchup due to the lack of defensive abilities on the field. Hobie Brown put wounds on Binary constantly whenever she was engaged and wore her down quickly.

Map: Country Road
Units:

370 Binary (Carol Danvers)
170 Baron Zemo (Heinrich Zemo)
320 Red Tornado (John Smith) (II)
100 Ragdoll (Peter Merkell Jr.)
40 Fire Ant Swarm x4
1000, 8 hexes

vs

260 Spider-Man (Otto Octavius)
160 Spider-Man (Hobie Brown C)
140 Spider-Girl (May Parker)
180 Spider-Man (Peter Parker C) (Assassin)
260 Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock)
1000, 5 hexes

Spoiler Alert!

Player 1's THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Binary is a tough figure but not invincible, good use of autowounds and unblockables brought her down. She is downright scary with her movement and her ability to hit hard at 6 range but she needs someone to frontline to make the best use of her or to control the battlefield. Tornado makes a good partner, her synergies keep her power in check.

I would definitely draft her in generalist builds as a big threat and a way to have a reliable special that is versatile in its use. I feel like the cost is appropriate, in the second game Tornado did most of the work early game in disrupting the enemy and in the first game Kraven was the initial big threat until I had to pit the Kryptonian against Binary one on one. Pretty cinematic and she fell after making a good showing of herself, Ultraman walked away from that fight with 5 wounds from her.

I like her price point, if she was more expensive I feel like I would start to lose interest in drafting her. Right now she is good can opener piece that can be dealt with or overwhelmed appropriately if you don't play her right.

Player 2's THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Quote: Just wanted to say, looking at her other interations, she's definitely the most general of the three. I'd say she's middle of the pack when looking at the 370s. Would probably be closer to the top of her class at 360, but not sure the Playtest results demonstrate a need to drop value.

Opponent agreed that she seemed fun to play with and would draft her. Spent some time talking about her point value and how much she did in certain instances during the two games, agreed that it was likely a fair showing.
Old April 17th, 2022, 11:29 AM

5-5 in tests, which is pretty cool. Generally performed better in generalists builds over Pirate builds, but thats no real surprise. Really happy with how shes looking. I'm going to make the change to Binary Energy Defense so that both effects can be used.

Quote:
BINARY ENERGY DEFENSE
After defending against a normal attack from a figure within 6 clear sight spaces, if Binary is not destroyed you may do one of the following : if Binary rolled,
• more skulls than the attacking figure, inflict a wound on the attacking figure.
• more blanks than the attacking figure, remove a Wound Marker from this card.
Quote:
BINARY ENERGY DEFENSE
After defending against a normal attack from a figure within 6 clear sight spaces, if Binary is not destroyed you may do the following : if Binary rolled,
• more skulls than the attacking figure, inflict a wound on the attacking figure.
• more blanks than the attacking figure, remove a Wound Marker from this card.
Won't come into play super often, but gives her more with the power if the attacker whiffs with a bunch of shields.

-

Waiting on pics of the mini from Alexandros, so guessing I should wait on Final Editing until I get those?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library