Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 14th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Most-CoNvincing Visionary

ProfessorDocker Woo who?
Glyphs on Molten Lava Question

Let say I have a map with the Glyph of Mitonsoul on a molten lava space. If one of my figures steps on the Glyph, does it take effect, or is my figure destroyed by lava (assuming I don't roll a 20) without the Glyph activating? Sorry if this has already been covered, but I didn't see anything about it on the site.

!Docker

ProfessorDocker is telling a story...
in the ALIZARIN CAVE...
Old June 14th, 2007, 03:49 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Per the rulebook you're not allowed to put glyphs on lava. I would allow it, though, and say it gets activated before the figure is destroyed.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 14th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Most-CoNvincing Visionary

ProfessorDocker Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Per the rulebook you're not allowed to put glyphs on lava. I would allow it, though, and say it gets activated before the figure is destroyed.
Thanks a bunch. I really should know this stuff...

!Docker

ProfessorDocker is telling a story...
in the ALIZARIN CAVE...
Old June 14th, 2007, 03:56 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Mind you what I would allow is nowhere near official...

But I didn't know you weren't supposed to put glyphs on lava, either. Which just seems silly, since I need all the incentive I can get to play on lava.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 14th, 2007, 06:56 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:

But I didn't know you weren't supposed to put glyphs on lava, either. Which just seems silly, since I need all the incentive I can get to play on lava.
Not true. You're only forbidden from placing them on Molten Lava. I think I posted this incorrectly in an earlier thread, but the Lava rules only explicitly forbid putting Glyphs on Molten Lava. Personally, I activate the Glyph before rolling the D20, but that's just my houserule.
Old June 14th, 2007, 07:02 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
NOTE: keep in mind while reading this that I put glyphs on molten lava all the time.

I hardly ever use my glyphs of Brandar, so I give them special ablilities. One ability I've given them is that the posessor is not affected by lava fields or molten lava. Then, I load the other glyphs on lava. It presents a nice little decision to make, because if your person on the brandar gets killed, then boom, all your other people holding glyphs die too.

Another fun glyphs/lava mix is to put sturla right next to some molten lava.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old June 14th, 2007, 09:22 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Eclipse & Necro are correct, Glyphs cannot be placed on Molten Lava Spaces.

House ruling the "what comes first" question it tough since both rules (glyphs & molten lava) both take effect at the same moment: when a figure moves onto them. However, I would think that most players would play the Glyph effect before the Lava effect.
Old June 15th, 2007, 12:57 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru
Eclipse & Necro are correct, Glyphs cannot be placed on Molten Lava Spaces.

House ruling the "what comes first" question it tough since both rules (glyphs & molten lava) both take effect at the same moment: when a figure moves onto them. However, I would think that most players would play the Glyph effect before the Lava effect.
House ruling by definition means making up your own answer. In this case, "Glyph first" seems like the only choice. One has a purpose (throwing yourself in the lava to activate the revive glyph) while the other really serves no purpose what so ever. (Step on the glyph and... just die. Why's the glyph there?). Either way there's no reason to put anything but a consumable glyph on Molten Lava.
Old June 15th, 2007, 06:20 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:

You don't want to know the kinds of things Necro allows.
Old June 15th, 2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
You don't want to know the kinds of things Necro allows.
Thanks not what I meant. I meant not to take my word as official. Jerk.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 15th, 2007, 02:52 PM

Mud Turkey 13 is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
If you summon someone they must end up on the same level as you.
Old June 15th, 2007, 03:13 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Turkey 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
If you summon someone they must end up on the same level as you.
Nope; only adjacent. Same level not required.

well that and the glyph of Sturla is not the summon glyph, that would be the glyph of Erland. Glyph of Sturla is revive and you place revived figures in any start zone, not adjacent to glyph spot.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's