Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 13th, 2020, 02:37 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: [Pod 2] Rhox Veterans - Design

Personally I like this statue power the best. It may be a bit wordy, but it doesn't seem overly complicated.

Quote:
LIVING STATUE POWER 2
At the start of each round after placing Order Markers, place a Shield Marker on this card for each Order Marker on it. Add 1 to [this]'s Defense for each Shield Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, flip a Shield Marker over to a Sword Marker. Add 1 to [this]'s Attack for each Sword Marker on this card. At the end of the round, remove all Shield and Sword Markers from this card.
I don't think we should be trying to design Avacyn with the Rhox. Even if she becomes a statue as well, limiting her abilities to be in line with the Rhox cuts creativity for both units.
Old May 13th, 2020, 09:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
@NecroBlade , any reason why Avacyn and the Rhinos need to share a power? I get the Rhinos getting something like this (they'll likely only have 1 or two powers), but Avacyn will already have Flying (or something very similar). Giving her a power that only reflects her stone body sadly means we won't have room to really make her play differently from the Rhox. (We can give her a third power, but I personally feel that any third powers should be a bare bones as possible for simplicity within the MS... this isn't the C3G after all).
They're both statues and I figured it would be another way to introduce mild thematic and mechanical synergy to the set. But there's nothing wrong with 3-power cards either, as long as they're relatively simple (the-artist-formerly-known-as-Atrixus says hi).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 14th, 2020, 09:48 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I did a stone power on a custom a while back. Similar to what we’re discussing.
Old May 16th, 2020, 07:21 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Personally I like this statue power the best. It may be a bit wordy, but it doesn't seem overly complicated.

Quote:
LIVING STATUE POWER 2
At the start of each round after placing Order Markers, place a Shield Marker on this card for each Order Marker on it. Add 1 to [this]'s Defense for each Shield Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, flip a Shield Marker over to a Sword Marker. Add 1 to [this]'s Attack for each Sword Marker on this card. At the end of the round, remove all Shield and Sword Markers from this card.

I'd be cool with this. We would need to make sure that stats are in line for them to have up to +4 attack (unless we limit it to 2-3) and -

Typing that out, I realized something wierd. Why would they have a ton of defense only when you have OMs on them, but when they are sleeping they only get barebones defense?

For example, let's say they have base 3 defense (because you can realistically get them to 7 defense with the proposed power). Well, if you aren't putting OMs on them, their defense stays at 3. But since their supposed to be made of stone, they should always have good defense especially when they're sleeping. Seems like a weird interaction to me.

Edit: I get you can drop the X on them for +1 defense, but that makes them only weaker in the long run...

Edit 2: You also don’t need Markers for this power, unless you just want them to be safe from OM removal powers.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; May 16th, 2020 at 09:49 AM.
Old May 16th, 2020, 10:17 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm not part of this pod, but I had this idea.

Move 4

Defense 4 or 5

For each revealed order marker on this card lower the defense by 1

You could add an x marker power too. If you reveal the X marker in this card, you may add 1/2 to its move. It could be for just the turn or for the rest of the round.

So in theory, the more usage the weaker it is. And its simple to understand.
Old May 16th, 2020, 11:58 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

What about since they are Rhino figures, (or at least animata/elementals/whatever they are) in the form/shape of rhinos, some kind of charging power is warranted. I like the throw back to the Kozuke power, and to my knowledge no other classic figure has that.

Any thoughts on that specifically?

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 16th, 2020, 01:54 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

That’s why I gave my stone power regular defense after they’d “moved” - to signify them moving around “as normal” - and then auto shields when they hadn’t, to signify them turned to stone again. I think we can do this without having to count order markers or use the tokens.

I’d be into a charging power but we may want to differentiate it from the Kozuke.
Old May 17th, 2020, 05:04 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post

Move 4

Defense 4 or 5

That's a great, simple take on the theme. I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
What about since they are Rhino figures, (or at least animata/elementals/whatever they are) in the form/shape of rhinos, some kind of charging power is warranted. I like the throw back to the Kozuke power, and to my knowledge no other classic figure has that.

Kozuke's Charging Assault should never be used for anything ever. I'd go similar but simpler and different:

A [Rhox Veteran] can add 2 to its Move if it only moves in a straight line this turn.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:47 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post

Quote:
LIVING STATUE POWER 2
I don't think we should be trying to design Avacyn with the Rhox. Even if she becomes a statue as well, limiting her abilities to be in line with the Rhox cuts creativity for both units.
I don't understand the point of the Shield and Sword markers. They seem identical to "unrevealed order markers" and "revealed order markers"respectively...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post

Move 4

Defense 4 or 5

That's a great, simple take on the theme. I like it.
I also like it, for whatever it is worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post

Kozuke's Charging Assault should never be used for anything ever. I'd go similar but simpler and different:

A [Rhox Veteran] can add 2 to its Move if it only moves in a straight line this turn.
I like that. That power will be hard to use so you could even do something dramatic like +4 move. Which would be cool if they are a 4-move squad.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 18th, 2020, 07:38 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like a lot of the ideas being discussed! At this point, if I had to combine my favorites into a single design, I think it would look something like this (with the understanding that the specific stat values could be adjusted):

Quote:
Rhox Veterans
1 Life / 4 Move / 3 Attack / 3 Defense

Flesh to Stone
If there are no revealed order markers on this card, add 3 to the Defense value of this card.

Headlong Charge
A Rhox Veteran can add 4 to its Move if it only moves in a straight line this turn.
Old May 19th, 2020, 10:19 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

I like the above headlong charge, except i'd word it so they have to end their movement adjacent to an opposing figure to add 3/4 movement.

Also, I think they should have 3 move +4 or 4 movement +3. 8 movement seems a little much to me.

Instead of a 6 defense, what about 4 defense and they get 2 automatic shields against normal attacks if they have no unrevealed OM's? I'm still getting "Tough" vibes from these guys.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 19th, 2020, 10:22 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

2 autoshields against 80% of the game just means they are nigh unkillable. I'd rather 1 autoshield or simply +defense.

Personally I prefer base 4 move and +3 move from "Headlong Charge". Not a fan of requiring engagement... that just makes them Kozukes.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs