Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 31st, 2011, 02:36 PM

panheadman1995 is surprisingly tart
Re: Your favorite "Heroscape" moment?

Going 7-0 with a Greenscales/Nilfy/Raelin/Marro Warriors army in my private 'Scape group.
Old July 31st, 2011, 07:16 PM

Utger man is surprisingly tart

My favorite heroscape moment is one battle I had versus ullar dude
I mindshackled his krug grimnak and tornak.

I did NOT spell "Utgar" incorrectly. Check the link below.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...4&postcount=85
Old July 31st, 2011, 09:34 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

My best heroscape moment would be either when I used Morsbane negation rod (for the first time) on Mimring and destroyed him with a 20. or, when I rolled a 20 with the anubian wolves and took out a fully healthy Jotun, with only 1 squad of wolves.
Old July 31st, 2011, 11:09 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

Playing a 700 point game against my brother. He starts with Sir Hawthorne. Sir hawthorne betrays him for me. Then Sir hawthorne betrays me for my brother. Then, end of the game, when I know I'll lose, the black knight stabs my bro in the back AGAIN! Ha.
Old August 1st, 2011, 10:03 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is a great thread to Necro! So many fun memories. This one has to be mine:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=1823

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old August 1st, 2011, 10:13 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Don't think I've posted on here about it.

My favorite Heroscape moment was New Year's Day, a bit over a month since Josh had got the Heroscape Marvel Master Set for Christmas. We played it for like 8 hours and seeing the simple joy on his face was priceless.

The second was just afterword, due to help from this board, I had ordered both Master Set 1 and 2 from coolstuffinc.com for 50 bucks with tax. I had, until being pointed in the right direction, only been planning on buying one or the other. Then, being the jerk that I can be, told my son, repeatedly, that I could not get either Master Set for his Birthday. I even went so far to buy 2 booster packs and when he unwrapped them, I smiled and told him I got them since we couldn't get the Master Set.

Finally, all was left was just two big boxes. The look of utter joy as he opened them and yelled "You Lied to me!" was priceless.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 1st, 2011, 12:07 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I beat my wife one time, ever, because her luck is ridiculous and she always played an Aubrien/Ashra combo that ate me up. We're talking 6 consecutive extra turns with the Aubriens, on height, on a regular basis.

I finally beat her with a mass of Stingers and Q10, and it worked out so well it was a slaughter.

I subsequently gave a buddy my Aubriens (DUH!!??!) and never replaced them.

She hasn't played since.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 1st, 2011, 01:32 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
I beat my wife one time, ever, because her luck is ridiculous and she always played an Aubrien/Ashra combo that ate me up. We're talking 6 consecutive extra turns with the Aubriens, on height, on a regular basis.

I finally beat her with a mass of Stingers and Q10, and it worked out so well it was a slaughter.

I subsequently gave a buddy my Aubriens (DUH!!??!) and never replaced them.

She hasn't played since.
Your favorite moment is beating your wife's "C" army with an "A" army and then giving away her favorite units and now she won't play anymore?
Old August 1st, 2011, 04:04 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My most memorable moment was a few months ago, in a 600 point 2v2 on a dungeon/lava/jungle map. My partner was using some hydras and the KMA; I ran with a bunch of PKs and Q10. Our opponents were using drow, dwarves and giants.

Anyway, my partner dropped fairly quickly - the other team focused the airborne and dwarves on the hydras early, but not before they took down Jotun and several Deepwyrm Drow.

So, I found my self at the end of the game with just five phantoms, facing just one opponent who still controlled a wounded Shurrak and six dwarves. I spent a round going toe-to-toe with the squad, and came away well - I'd lost only one phantom, but four dwarves had gone to the halls of their fathers. Then Shurrak stepped in...

He marched into the middle of the small bluff, overlooking molten lava, then made a mighty swing with his broadsword. He rolled four skulls, killing one Phantom Knight, but the other rolled all shields! Of course, this just meant he was being pushed into molten lava. Then, the miracle occured; I rolled a 20, and the phantom knight survived!

My next OM, the nearly-burned PK moved to a perch adjacent to Shurrak, rolled all skulls, and finished the giant. The remaining two PKs took out the dwarves, and our team was victorious!

That's the only time in the six+ years we've been playing that a figure has survived hot lava death!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old August 1st, 2011, 09:18 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun

Actually it was today. I was playing a Basic Game with my friend and Brother, when it came down to my Friend who had Tor-Kul-Na and some other heroes and I had Grimnack and Mimring. The map layout was mostly two 24-hex pieces put together as 48-hex pieces and supported by castle peices. That was done for about 6 layers and a total of like 50+ high. So since we didn't have enough ladders we used shadow peices as teleports. We decided it was best that once you went through a tele that you couldn't attack on that turn. That way it would prevent moving through the teleport and then killing the figure right away on that layer.

So I was on the top layer with Grimnack and Mimring and he was right below me with Tor-Kul-Na and some other heroes. He moved each one at once up to me and I destroyed each one.

I did that until he brought up Agent Carr, who was his last figure minus Tor-Kul-Na. So he brings him up I attack him and fail. Then he rolls his four att dice and gets all four skulls against Mimring. So I'm sitting there thinking, OK, the odds of me rolling 4 out of 8 defense dice as Sheilds is very slim. Well, I'm sure you can guess since this is my favorite memory I rolled four sheilds. I was shocked !!!! On my attack I killed Agent Carr and he moved Tor-Kul-Na up. I rolled attack with Mimring and got 5 out of 6!!! I was suprised again!!!! He ended up dying and I ended up winning. It was my first spectacular defeat and hard fought victory!!!!

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General