Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 14th, 2008, 04:34 AM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker
Re: WANTED: Maps for Templecon Tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Nice looking map Ch1can0...Would defintely like the pdf for it...Could you make it with and without trees so we can play test it both ways?
ok, pdf is done. I didnīt make another pdf without trees yet, just donīt place them, ítīs the only difference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Also...since a few people have tried to submit stuff that was slightly larger I will allow 2 hexes to be added to either the length or width...but not both.
2 hexes more? cool, so i just made another map, a bit wider... 1 ms, no expansion yet.

This map has split up startzones, still 24 hexes. At the beginning youīll have to decide to move your own vanguard or defend your units in the main startzone, your opponent too. Didnīt test it yet, but might be an interesting feature.

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.

Last edited by Ch1can0; October 14th, 2008 at 06:50 AM.
Old October 14th, 2008, 07:11 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker

Man... you're maps are just... so.... awesome.

I'm not worthy! *bowing*

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:16 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1can0 View Post

<pics deleted>

This map has split up startzones, still 24 hexes. At the beginning youīll have to decide to move your own vanguard or defend your units in the main startzone, your opponent too. Didnīt test it yet, but might be an interesting feature.
Very cool concept Ch1can0, I definitely want to try this out.

-insert signature here-
Old October 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I have another that I was going to upload last night, but 3AM came quick so I didn't have time...

It has hexes split across 3 sections, but has 24. Requires only 1 RotV, 1 Forest and 1 Volcarren. PDF at my mapsite.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 14th, 2008, 11:20 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

These may be a bit too simple for some, but they work. Using exactly and only 2 ROTV master sets you get these 4 maps...
The 4 Horsemen?

Virtual Scape File
Old October 14th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Some nice looking maps.

Superflytnt, I'd say that your first submission won't work. Walking melee units have absolutely no chance. It looks fun for a game in which you are drafting particularly for that map (especially if Marvel is allowed), but not suitable for premade armies in a general setting. The Tree Of Death looks much better. I'd prefer starting zones that are further apart, but I think I'm going to feel that about every map due to the space restrictions.

Chicano, Serpentine looks really good and the split start zones of the other map are interesting.

Draconius, it's a neat idea to get more than one map out of a masterset, but I'm not sure the results compare directly with maps that use more terrain. Have you thought about using the same idea with an extended pallette? For example, you could make four maps from two RotV, a Marvel set, a RttFF set and a Jungle set or something, mixing and matching between them.
Old October 14th, 2008, 10:57 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Hey guys. I just designed this map with your request in mind. I really like the idea of smaller maps and I'm glad you guys solicited the map making community. Let me know what you think.

Cryto's Maw

Old October 14th, 2008, 11:13 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Hey guys. I just designed this map with your request in mind. I really like the idea of smaller maps and I'm glad you guys solicited the map making community. Let me know what you think.

Cryto's Maw
That thing looks lethal.

-insert signature here-
Old October 14th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I agree on the first map amigo. My thoughts were that because of the small map size restriction to make the playfield be a little more fun there would have to be some more levels to play on. Now that I'm looking at it, it really kind-of sucks unless it's a Kyrie-Only match.

With a 16x16 hex limitation there's no avoiding the fact that no matter what teams you draft (unless there's no shooters) you will absoutely, positively be in range with someone by the first or at most, second order marker. That seems a bit lame to me, but it is what it is. I have a couple ideas on how to get around this.

I'll rethink a bit and give you a couple of really well thought out maps to work with. The reason I am so interested in this little project is that my house currenly limits the playing field size considerably due to not having a big table anymore.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:57 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know Im a beginning map builder, and this wont compare to what you guys have shown so far, but I thought Id still share.

Ive been working on the map for a couple weeks now. I'm open to all suggestions and criticism.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old October 16th, 2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
I know Im a beginning map builder, and this wont compare to what you guys have shown so far, but I thought Id still share.
Thanks stubobj, I like it, but... I did this a lot with some of the 1st maps I designed. The castle walls you included are a perfect sniper perch for the AE to drop on and start firing away at their opponents start zone (grenade anyone?).

Same goes for Dragons.

I like the look of the map, but for competitive play it I think it can dictate the outcome based on the units being played (instead of the folks pushing them around). The castle walls are a very difficult feature to include in tourney maps, I've yet to come up with anything remotely decent that uses them.

-insert signature here-
Old October 16th, 2008, 10:40 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I completely understand what you mean. I did play a game with the AE on here, but I just thought "OH they're just one unit. It should be fine" I never took the Dragons into account though. What if the towers were just LOS blockers? Or I could raise the middle tower so the dragons couldn't fit. The AE would still be pretty good though. I'll be thinking about this. Thanks for pointing it nyys.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios