Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Notices

Old July 5th, 2016, 08:56 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AotP Question Dump

I had a couple of questions regarding the new stuff:

1. For the Planeswalker Nahiri - Her last power, Lithomancy, which is the power that allows her to place a single-hex sand tile below her 2x per game, it says "After moving, Nahiri may place 1 of those tiles on a non-water space Nahiri occupies". My question is: Does this technically allow her to place it on a magical ruin cryptolith? It seems like it does, even though it doesn't really fit and would be kind of dumb.

2. White spell Angel's Mercy - It says "Play Angel's Mercy only at the start of the turn of a hero creature you control. Remove up to 3 damage markers from a friendly creature". Now the fluff and the picture seem to indicate that it is the hero creature that does the healing to someone else, but the technical wording makes me think you could use this on a hero creature to heal 3 wounds from itself, is this correct?

3. White spell Tenacity - It says "Enchant Hero or Planeswalker. Creatures you control get +1 power while attacking figures engaged with enchanted figure". Does this mean that if you place this on your hero, that the hero will get +1 power to any of its engaged attacks as well as any other creature that attacks a target adjacent to your hero?
Old July 5th, 2016, 10:42 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

For #2, the PW 'casts' the spells. I think any friendly figure on the board (but not the PW) can be healed by the spell. The catch is that it can only be cast on a Hero creature turn, and then at the beginning. It sounds like the timing of the healing is what is important; and that any friendly can be healed.
Old July 5th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

#3 I believe is yes. Not sure on #1 but I lean towards yes, remove the glyph, place the sand hex, replace the glyph on top.

You cannot place enchanchments on cards of creatures that have not been summoned yet, correct?

During a spell casting phase, can you cast any number of spells(up to 3)?
Can I wait until the end of my PW's turn and cast 3 spells?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 5th, 2016, 02:57 PM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker

#2 and #3 Yes.

About the spells, you can move and attack with the pw, and then cast all 3 of your spells, no problem with that.
Old July 5th, 2016, 05:30 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks.

How about placing enchanments on creatures not yet summoned?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 5th, 2016, 06:10 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Thanks.

Yes. I forgot where they put that, but I'm pretty sure it can be done.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old July 5th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:
Thanks.

#2 in the FAQ says no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 5th, 2016, 06:48 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:
Thanks.

#2 in the FAQ says no.
Guess I should definitely read that! I thought they kept it the way with the AE and viking spirits.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old July 7th, 2016, 12:19 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1. The black spell Ever After - "Return target squad creature from an opponent's figure graveyard to the battlefield on an empty space adjacent to a black Planeswalker you control. You may move and attack with that creature. At end of turn, return it to its owner's figure graveyard. "

My question is how this works? Do I play it, grab a figure, put it on the battlefield, and then attack with it, and then kill it at the end of the turn (ie attacking immediately)? Or do I grab the figure and then have to use that figure as my move and attack for the turn? Either way is a little confusing. I wish it said immediately like other cards do. I am going to assume that you immediately move and attack with it and just kill it at the end of the turn, but I wanted to ask.

The other thing has to do with what happens when the figure enter's the battlefield. For example, say I grab a Kessig Ranger, who says at the start of their turn one of their guys gets to attack an additional time. Does that go into effect or not since it might not technically be a turn for them, but rather whatever figure I activated before playing this event. I am sure there are other more interesting interactions with this spell, this was just the one that came up.

2. My other question has to do with the Transform abilities. For example, when Arlinn transforms, it happens at the end of her turn. It is optional. However, she has abilities that trigger at the end of her turn. Are you only allowed to choose one of the end of turn abilities to use if you are transforming? Or for example may I use Alinn's Archmage Assault to deal 1 damage, transform into a wolf, and then Howl and add a +1 power icon to a squad? I am hoping you can only use one ability. There also isn't a limit clause to the transform ability. What's to stop someone from transforming to get both bonuses and then just finish transforming to the form they want? I doubt you can use transform twice but I thought I'd ask. I also don't think you can just keep transforming and using both abilities but there really isn't anything in the rulebook that says otherwise.
Old July 7th, 2016, 12:42 PM

Great questions.

Another one.

Can you place icons on cards of creatures not yet summoned?
My guess is no since you cannot place spells on them but some clarity would be great.

Looking forward to trying Nissa with the Zombie Hero for a full Zombie army at 600.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 7th, 2016, 01:31 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
1. The black spell Ever After - "Return target squad creature from an opponent's figure graveyard to the battlefield on an empty space adjacent to a black Planeswalker you control. You may move and attack with that creature. At end of turn, return it to its owner's figure graveyard. "

My question is how this works? Do I play it, grab a figure, put it on the battlefield, and then attack with it, and then kill it at the end of the turn (ie attacking immediately)? Or do I grab the figure and then have to use that figure as my move and attack for the turn? Either way is a little confusing. I wish it said immediately like other cards do. I am going to assume that you immediately move and attack with it and just kill it at the end of the turn, but I wanted to ask.
The 'you may move and attack with that creature' is part of the resolution of the spell, you must do it then as the spell is resolving. Regardless of what phase in the turn you case the spell, the targeted creature comes out of the "Figure Graveyard" is placed onto the battle, MAY then move and attack, and then at the end of the turn a trigger is placed 'on the stack' to remove that figure.

Quote:
The other thing has to do with what happens when the figure enter's the battlefield. For example, say I grab a Kessig Ranger, who says at the start of their turn one of their guys gets to attack an additional time. Does that go into effect or not since it might not technically be a turn for them, but rather whatever figure I activated before playing this event. I am sure there are other more interesting interactions with this spell, this was just the one that came up.
The ranger's ability triggers 'At the start of their turn' I would say that only the Army card you choose for that turn as the figure/squad 'taking a turn' Look at the wording for the spells that read along the lines of 'Play only on the turn of a blue planeswalker you control' and the like.
Basically, the figure is only 'Moving and attacking' as opposed to 'Taking a Turn'
IE: The Kessig Ranger's double attack would not trigger.

Quote:
2. My other question has to do with the Transform abilities. For example, when Arlinn transforms, it happens at the end of her turn. It is optional. However, she has abilities that trigger at the end of her turn. Are you only allowed to choose one of the end of turn abilities to use if you are transforming? Or for example may I use Alinn's Archmage Assault to deal 1 damage, transform into a wolf, and then Howl and add a +1 power icon to a squad? I am hoping you can only use one ability. There also isn't a limit clause to the transform ability. What's to stop someone from transforming to get both bonuses and then just finish transforming to the form they want? I doubt you can use transform twice but I thought I'd ask. I also don't think you can just keep transforming and using both abilities but there really isn't anything in the rulebook that says otherwise.
Taking a page from M:TG I would say these abilities should read 'At the beginning of the end step' so that you could have multiple end step triggers which you can place on the stack in whatever order you choose, BUT it would clear up the confusion of this.

Basically what I'm getting at is:
Arlinn can only trigger the abilities on ONE side of her card per turn (whichever the face-up side was that turn)
If she's in Human mode and a figure was destroyed you could put both Transform and Archmage's assault on the stack. Resolve them in the order you want, and then even though she now has Howl, it is past the time for that to trigger (since the end step has already begun) and her turn ends.
Old July 7th, 2016, 03:06 PM

Thanks Kajoq. I hope you are correct. This game has shown NOT to follow the card game in regards to rulings before though (look at life drain in AotP and how you only gain life equal to the life lost, rather than wounds inflicted). I think what you said makes sense.

And in regards to Ever After they have put the word "immediately" on cards before, like the Blazing Firecats. So that made me think this was different.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs