Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 10th, 2019, 04:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Elasti-Girl (Breathing Period)

Not really vital to the design discussion here, but a comment about the Bio. I would link the Gar name with the Changeling card, then the Beast Boy link I would have go to the actual Beast Boy card.
Old April 10th, 2019, 06:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I could see going either Gigantic Reach 2 or Elastic Reach with an 8 level vertical.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 10th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll update the bio, YK.

so here's what I'm thinking as of now. Patrol Rescue still probably needs some wording help but I think I've gotten the idea across...hopefully.
Quote:
NAME = ELASTI-GIRL
SECRET IDENTITY = RITA FARR
SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CELEBRITY
PERSONALITY = TROUBLED

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 8

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

PATROL RESCUE
At any point before, during, or after Elasti-Girl's movement, you may choose a Tiny, Small, or Medium figure you control within 3 clear sight spaces whose base is no more than 6 levels higher than Elasti-Girl's height or 6 levels lower than her base. You may use Patrol Rescue to choose a figure twice per turn, if at least one of those figures is Troubled. Before attacking with Elasti-Girl, place any chosen figures on any empty space adjacent to Elasti-Girl. Figures moved with Patrol Rescue will not take leaving engagement attacks.

GIGANTIC REACH 2
Elasti-Girl may add 2 to her range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 6 levels higher than her height or 6 levels lower than her base.

GIANT DEFENSE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a figure that is not Huge, if you roll at least one shield, the most wounds Elasti-Girl can take from this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by MrNobody; April 11th, 2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old April 11th, 2019, 10:20 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would say “place any chosen figures” instead of “those figures.”

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2019, 11:34 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I'm with Bats, I like Elastic Reach with an increase to 8 Levels.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old April 11th, 2019, 03:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Okay sounds like grounds for another vote.

OPTION A; Gigantic Reach 2, more re-usable power name
Quote:
GIGANTIC REACH 2
Elasti-Girl may add 2 to her range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 6 levels higher than her height or 6 levels lower than her base.
OPTION B; Elastic Reach, more thematic power name
Quote:
ELASTIC REACH
Elasti-Girl may add 2 to her range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 8 levels higher than her height or 8 levels lower than her base.
OPTION C; We could just give her 3 range. Reed and similar characters have 2 range, and she's a giant as well.

It's such a minor thing I really have no preference. It seems weird to make an entirely new and unique power that will functionally be almost the exact same as what Ronin's AA Giant-Man and potential others have. C might make the most sense but it could also leave her feeling really boring. It could be worth it just changing her range to 3 and brainstorming another power. What about something that ties her to Gar Logans?
Old April 11th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

C please
Old April 11th, 2019, 03:46 PM

C please and don't overlook the value of elegance. I think that a lot of two power cards are really prized for their restraint.

Old April 11th, 2019, 03:58 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

C for me.
Old April 11th, 2019, 05:57 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, no issues with elasticity and hugeness translating to Range 3. Two-power card is also fine in my book.
Old April 11th, 2019, 06:27 PM
Just A Head

While I totally agree with the value of simplicity, I think there's also a negative in over-simplicity at this point in C3G. That was something I felt when I ran some quick games with the original drafts of this faction. The gameplay was just a bit too simple; Dump all your OMs on Chief, then take turns with Rita and Robotman until one of them falls, then shift over to taking turns to Negative Man and the remaining one. Just X-Men: First Class but with less tools to work with. I've made changes to all of them since then, but it's still a trap I want to be careful of avoiding.

Sure, the other Patrollers can add some extra complexity, but I'd like the original 4 to play as a nice little set on their own. So I'm thinking an extra little kink like a 1 or 2 line power could really help here.
Old April 11th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
While I totally agree with the value of simplicity, I think there's also a negative in over-simplicity at this point in C3G. That was something I felt when I ran some quick games with the original drafts of this faction. The gameplay was just a bit too simple; Dump all your OMs on Chief, then take turns with Rita and Robotman until one of them falls, then shift over to taking turns to Negative Man and the remaining one. Just X-Men: First Class but with less tools to work with. I've made changes to all of them since then, but it's still a trap I want to be careful of avoiding.

Sure, the other Patrollers can add some extra complexity, but I'd like the original 4 to play as a nice little set on their own. So I'm thinking an extra little kink like a 1 or 2 line power could really help here.
That's fair, but I don't think you should add anything without a pretty strong idea of what it would be doing. I don't think Elastic Reach was gonna dramatically shape the way she plays either.

Is there anything that felt particularly unsatisfying about her gameplay in those preliminary tests? Anything about the character that the current write-up isn't serving?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library