Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old August 23rd, 2020, 11:07 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Magic

Looks pretty sticky to me.

~Dysole, adminstratively
Old August 23rd, 2020, 06:39 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Holy cow, thanks so much!!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 25th, 2020, 07:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Hey @Jexik while you're poking around here again, you should record an episode with Bigga. It would be cool to have an episode with the OG strategy nerd.

(And check out some of his videos; they're pretty sweet.)
Old August 25th, 2020, 10:35 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Hey @Jexik while you're poking around here again, you should record an episode with Bigga. It would be cool to have an episode with the OG strategy nerd.
Ooh man, that would be beyond an honor. (I mean I already have been able to talk 'Scape with so many greats -- getting to talk with Jexik too? How spoiled can I get?) I would love that opportunity if you're interested. I mean, pretty sure the most common piece of strategy brought up is "What's in an Order Marker" and I've linked to it not a few times.

Right now I've blacked out my sign up sheet as I get used to teaching (first day today, man my nose is tired), but if you do want to talk 'Scape shoot me a PM and we can definitely work something out.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 26th, 2020, 09:02 AM

It's our first game from the Main Championship of Online Con! This game is from Round 5 of Day 1, and at this point both @Major Q23 and @XThorSavageX are 2-2, meaning that this game determines which one of them progresses to Day 2. @Dysole made a special request to join in on this game, and she brings some great knowledge about army matchups to the commentary. Which is good, because with a toolbox of Tandros, Drones, and Dwarves playing against a Samurai army featuring Hatamoto Taro, this will be an exciting and skill-testing game!

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 2nd, 2020, 09:09 AM

Another game another VC matchup, and this one's also got the big blue dragon Quahon running amok! (But not a Mok -- we'll have to wait for another video for him.) @Chris Perkins is now piloting big blue, and @boromir96 has a chance to respond with the sworn enemies of Icarian dragons: the Nhah Scirh Cultists. Also there are some vampires and spiders, because Heroscape. This match has a lot going on with a powerful dragon trying to prove its prowess over the humanoids crying for its death, and joining me to discuss the action is @Tiamat ! We have a great time discussing this game and all the speedy figures on the board in this great match!

Also: @BodaciousBlood and I have been talking about making a How to Play Heroscape Online video, since the original ones are a little dated (I miss the days when you copied to the clipboard and went through skorcard...). We're looking to do a pretty comprehensive video (with chapters marked so that people can skip to what they want to watch), and part of that is looking to share tips and tricks, like coloring figures when there are multiple uncommons, easy ways to mark treasure glyphs and who has them, and even out-of-app things like superfrog's great link generator. If you have any ideas of tips and tricks that we can include in the video, please let us know!

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 2nd, 2020, 09:14 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ugly game on my part.

Pro tip: when playing against VC figures you don't know, read the entire card before picking armies.

I didn't realize cultists got an auto shield on the SA when I took Q here. And then I promptly forgot they had disengage against my spiders. Whoops
Old September 2nd, 2020, 09:30 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Also: @BodaciousBlood and I have been talking about making a How to Play Heroscape Online video, since the original ones are a little dated (I miss the days when you copied to the clipboard and went through skorcard...). We're looking to do a pretty comprehensive video (with chapters marked so that people can skip to what they want to watch), and part of that is looking to share tips and tricks, like coloring figures when there are multiple uncommons, easy ways to mark treasure glyphs and who has them, and even out-of-app things like superfrog's great link generator. If you have any ideas of tips and tricks that we can include in the video, please let us know!
That's a good idea.

A few ideas for inclusion:
- How to draw a line in google docs & using the line approximating line of sight
- The various resources for reading HS cards online (i.e. books of, army builder app, etc.)
- Reminder that Ctrl-Z (& Ctrl-Y) is your friend
Old September 2nd, 2020, 01:03 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
That's a good idea.

- How to draw a line in google docs & using the line approximating line of sight
- The various resources for reading HS cards online (i.e. books of, army builder app, etc.)
These are all good.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 2nd, 2020, 06:04 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Chris was going to move Quahon up to level 2 like you guys thought he would, but the way I had my Cultists positioned on either side of her she would have had to disengage from one of them and then reengage on the level 2. A double space figure can’t just hop up with both feet simultaneously, they have to pick a leading foot and follow it with the other one. I’m not sure I’ve ever really seen that situation matter before, but it definitely has an impact in this game.

Kelda is always so tough to play around when both armies have big heroes. My goal early was exactly what you described, either burn it with Cyprien, or force Chris to burn it and put himself in a literal hole. The first entangling web on Cyprien was really good timing for Chris and could’ve swung the whole game if he screened Quahon a little better.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old September 5th, 2020, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Ugly game on my part.

Pro tip: when playing against VC figures you don't know, read the entire card before picking armies.

I didn't realize cultists got an auto shield on the SA when I took Q here. And then I promptly forgot they had disengage against my spiders. Whoops
Believe it or not I've seen people forget powers on the Nhah Scirh card a few times. The three powers are relatively simple on their own, but that's still 3 powers to remember that are very specific in when/how they activate, which makes the card surprisingly busy.

Just hope you don't have to interact with Gorillitroopers next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Chris was going to move Quahon up to level 2 like you guys thought he would, but the way I had my Cultists positioned on either side of her she would have had to disengage from one of them and then reengage on the level 2. A double space figure can’t just hop up with both feet simultaneously, they have to pick a leading foot and follow it with the other one. I’m not sure I’ve ever really seen that situation matter before, but it definitely has an impact in this game.

Kelda is always so tough to play around when both armies have big heroes. My goal early was exactly what you described, either burn it with Cyprien, or force Chris to burn it and put himself in a literal hole. The first entangling web on Cyprien was really good timing for Chris and could’ve swung the whole game if he screened Quahon a little better.
Oh interesting, so it would leave engagement between one step and the next. I wasn't thinking it would hop up, but didn't think of the zigzag causing a disengage. That's a good catch.

Thanks for the insights! It was a really good game to watch with good gameplay on both sides! Even with Nhah Scirh being misremembered, there was a lot of solid Spider play that kept things interesting!

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 5th, 2020, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Quote:
That's a good idea.

These are all good.
Very good suggestions! Thanks!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports