Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 27th, 2010, 10:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
The Book of Commissioner Gordon

The Book of Commissioner Gordon

C3G SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 2
BAT SIGNALS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman: Alpha set.
Its model number and name are #020 / Commissioner Gordon.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hypertime set.
Its model number and name are #124 / Commissioner Gordon.

Character Bio - James W. "Jim" Gordon is an ally of Batman. He is the police commissioner of Gotham City. Gordon shares Batman's deep commitment to ridding the dark and corrupt city of crime. He is somewhat skeptical of Batman's vigilante method but recognizes the necessity of Batman and the two have a mutual respect and tacit friendship. Gordon is tall, thin, and silver-haired, with a mustache, and usually wears a suit, tie, and trench coat. It is he who summons Batman, particularly to solve crimes by supervillains, with the Batsignal.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Human, Commissioner Gordon has these Human Synergies.
  • As a Lawman, Commissioner Gordon has these Lawman Synergies.
  • As a Lawman Hero that can move other Lawmen on his turn, Commissioner Gordon may allow S.W.A.T. Assaulter to use its Synchronized Assault special power.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • Commissioner Gordon can move Lawmen you control with his Call for Backup special power. Current Lawmen.
  • Commissioner Gordon can move a Vigilante you control with his Bat Signal special power. Current Vigilantes.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:22 PM.
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:23 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Book of Commissioner Gordon - Design Phase

NAME = COMMISSIONER GORDON
SECRET IDENTITY = JAMES GORDON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LAWMAN
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 90

BAT SIGNAL
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Vigilante Hero you control. At the start of each round that you win initiative you may immediately place the chosen Unique Vigilante Hero on any empty space within 6 clear sight spaces of Commissioner Gordon. The chosen Unique Vigilante Hero will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moved with Bat Signal.

CALL FOR BACKUP
After taking a turn with Commissioner Gordon, you may move any number of Lawmen you control up to 5 spaces each. Any Lawman moved with way must end its move adjacent to Commissioner Gordon.

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 27th, 2014 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Legacy text
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman: Alpha set. Its model number and name is #020 / Commissioner Gordon.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hypertime. Its model number and name is #124 / Commissioner Gordon.

I like him a lot.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:43 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

I like what I'm seeing.

I would prefer his life to be 4 however...

I've thought about Gordon before and always thought I might add some sort of ability called 'By The Book' based on the Killing Joke series where even after the Joker nearly kills him, Gordon stills wants Batman to bring him in 'by the book'. I've always thought that this is what makes Gordon the man the he is; straight down the line. I'm not sure what the ability would look like though...
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Glad to see this guy and I like what I see so far.

A couple things:
  • It doesn't say in Bat Signal that it only works once per game, while in your design notes it says that it should (as I think it should too).
  • For Call for Backup, I really like this and had something like it for a write up I did in my notes a while back. I wouldn't mind lifting the end of move adjacency restriction and maybe have them have to end their move within maybe 2 or 3 spaces of him. It can make it a bit more flexible and less restrictive. Also, do we think that we should have a restriction to allow the option of having only 1 Hero Lawman to move or up to 3 Lawmen squad figures to move?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
I like what I'm seeing.

I've thought about Gordon before and always thought I might add some sort of ability called 'By The Book' based on the Killing Joke series where even after the Joker nearly kills him, Gordon stills wants Batman to bring him in 'by the book'. I've always thought that this is what makes Gordon the man the he is; straight down the line. I'm not sure what the ability would look like though...
Perhaps it would be a themed power that would negatively affect him and his team because by "doing it by the book" it might allow the bad guy to get away because of not using lethal force or unseemly methods. So maybe if Gordan or any friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Gordan inflict enough wounds to destroy an opponent's figure, you must roll the d20 and on a roll of 17 or higher, the opponent's figure receives no wounds and can move up to 3 spaces without taking leaving engagement attacks.

Old August 27th, 2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman: Alpha set. Its model number and name is #020 / Commissioner Gordon.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hypertime. Its model number and name is #124 / Commissioner Gordon.

I like him a lot.
Thanks! Updating.

Quote:
I like what I'm seeing.

I wouldn't be opposed, or to a Defense of 4 perhaps. Anyone else?

Quote:

Hmm, do you have a write-up for such a power? I'm not sure how to translate that into HS terms, but if you can come up with something I'd love to hear other heroes' opinions on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

A couple things:
  • It doesn't say in Bat Signal that it only works once per game, while in your design notes it says that it should (as I think it should too).
I meant you can use any vigilante with the power, but you can only c
choose one per game (not only use the power once per game).

Quote:
  • For Call for Backup, I really like this and had something like it for a write up I did in my notes a while back. I wouldn't mind lifting the end of move adjacency restriction and maybe have them have to end their move within maybe 2 or 3 spaces of him. It can make it a bit more flexible and less restrictive. Also, do we think that we should have a restriction to allow the option of having only 1 Hero Lawman to move or up to 3 Lawmen squad figures to move?
If it were made more flexible, it would definitely have to be limited to the number of figures moved. However, I was trying to get creative and not use that type of restriction.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Here's some pix:

http://http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/hahma/Variousminifigurespix021.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...urespix020.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...urespix019.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...urespix017.jpg

Old August 27th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
I like what I'm seeing.

I wouldn't be opposed, or to a Defense of 4 perhaps. Anyone else?
I think I'd prefer life of 4 than defense of 4. Then again, if it would be thematic for him to have a bulletproof vest on, then a life of 3 and defense of 4 would be better I guess.

Quote:
Quote:

A couple things:
I meant you can use any vigilante with the power, but you can only c
choose one per game (not only use the power once per game).
I think I misread the power. By having the figure move with Bat Signal, it's actually moving with it's own move onto any empty space, not placing like a teleporting type power that I had mistaken it for. Perhaps it should say, "Choose one Unique Vigilante you control..." to make it clearer that only one figure can be moved by this power.

Quote:
Quote:
If it were made more flexible, it would definitely have to be limited to the number of figures moved. However, I was trying to get creative and not use that type of restriction.
Yeah, I guess if you have the Backup required to move adjacent to him, then the Hero/Squad restriction might not be necessary.

Old August 28th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like it - a lot. Here are the only changes I would endorse:

Life 4
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 4
Defense 3
90 Points

BAT SIGNAL: At the start of each game, choose a Unique Vigilante you control. At the start of each round, if you won initiative you may place the chosen Unique Vigilante on any empty space. The chosen Unique Vigilante will not take any leaving engagement attacks for this move.

CALL FOR BACKUP: After taking a turn with Commissioner Gordon, you may move any Lawmen you control up to 5 spaces each. Any Lawman moved this way must end its move adjacent to Commissioner Gordon.

The adjacency thing is going to be enough of a restriction, like you said, so why limit the number of troops? If Gordon really wants to move around with a cluster of 6 lawmen around him, I'm cool with that. He's not that valuable a unit that I think it's that important to keep him alive, and area effect attacks will tear that formation apart.
In Bat Signal, I think with the current version there's some confusion as to what exactly is going on mechanically. Are you moving the unit using its own move number or just moving it to literally any space on the battlefield? I read it as intending the latter and reworded for clarification. If you intended the former, I think it's best to do as a static move as well. But I think the latter is more fun and worthwhile, especially since it's restricted to one hero for the whole game, only happens once a round, and requires initiative.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 28th, 2010, 03:43 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

Quote:

Hmm, do you have a write-up for such a power? I'm not sure how to translate that into HS terms, but if you can come up with something I'd love to hear other heroes' opinions on it.
Just a thought but what if Gordon could arrest someone instead of just straight out killing them? He wanted Joker arrested, not killed after all...
He could control the enemy figure and make it follow him around the board but the enemy would get the figure back if Gordon dies. Perhaps if Gordon can get back to the start zone the enemy figure is removed from the game...
Old August 28th, 2010, 03:57 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

Quote:

Just a thought but what if Gordon could arrest someone instead of just straight out killing them? He wanted Joker arrested, not killed after all...
He could control the enemy figure and make it follow him around the board but the enemy would get the figure back if Gordon dies. Perhaps if Gordon can get back to the start zone the enemy figure is removed from the game...
That could make a funny game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library