Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:46 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Rat Swarm - Design

1 swarm movement
Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:57 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I vote for this
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
SWARM
After revealing an Order Marker on this card or a Rat Swarm you control rolls defense dice against a normal attack from an opponent’s figure, you may move any 2 Rat Swarms you control up to 4 spaces each.
I would like to vote for that. This was a great idea tickle, and immediately after testing, this was your immediate gut instinct, which is usually the best one. It is the most like Scatter, but it also gives you that control you need on your turn.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 01:17 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

After you reveal the OM on this card, is one of the Rat Swarms you are moving the one you are taking a turn with?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 3rd, 2012, 01:27 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

"you may move any 2 Rat Swarms you control"

Also, we could easily edit in a line that clarifies. I am not picking the power here that is most well worded, but rather the power that I think has the best direction for the original intent of the design. I am afraid the other powers will definitely be driving the cost up beyond 10 points, and these guys shouldn't be that dang good on their own.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 01:39 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Swarm Movement would actually bring the cost down some by getting rid of the Scatter aspect and allowing you to move any 3 Swarms during a turn with them which would turn into 6 when using them with Pied Piper.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 01:43 AM

It would bring their cost down from the current cost of less than 10? I don't think so. That doesn't make sense, besides, moving 6 rats with one OM (which is how that would normally be played) is pretty darn aggressive. I can't see that being under 15 or 20 points for the design, and I personally want to see these guys as 10 point filler (something DC doesn't have).
Old January 3rd, 2012, 02:13 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

So moving 3 on and OM and 2 after rolling defense won't drive their cost up? I personally think moving any 3 per turn is a good way to balance them and if moving 6 per turn is effective, let that be reflected in Pied Piper's cost.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm with Tickle on this one. I like the single trigger for the power too - these multiple trigger powers always feel a bit messy. I also think the option winning in the vote will work a lot better with Pied Piper.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 3rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Tickle Pickle

I'm going with the majority who prefer Swarm Movement as it is the LDs choice and I need to resume testing so that I have time to finish this and Pied Piper before I go back to school.

I cannot see the Rats being worth more than 10 points at all at this point unless they are facing weak melee only heroes.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:49 PM
Tickle Pickle

C3G PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Rat Swarm

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 10 points at most.
- Give a brief overview. Rats still aren't all that great.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 10 points.
- Give a brief overview. Rat Swarms are good against single life figures because it only takes one good Plague roll to take them down.
Map: Custom w/ Heavy Snow, Normal Ice
Units: Rat Swarms x20 VS Amazon Warriors x 2 (200)
Who won and how many wounds did they have? Rat Swarms with 6 remaining.
Who won and how many wounds did they have? Rat Swarms with 2 remaining.

Squad Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 10 points.
- Give a brief overview. Darn those annoying little Civillians, their Strength In Numbers really helped them here.
Units: Rat Swarm x 9 VS Civilians x2
Who won and how many wounds did they have? 2 Civilians remained.

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .
- What should be the unit's point value? .
- Give a brief overview. .
Units: .
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .
- What should be the unit's point value? .
- Give a brief overview. .
Units: .
Spoiler Alert!
Old January 3rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Tickle Pickle

Looks like they're gonna come out to be 10 points like Griffin wanted.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:09 PM

10 points is good, but the design is not what I wanted.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library