Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 15th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
The Book of Baron Mordo

The Book of Baron Mordo

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 52
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?

Comic PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Amazing Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #043 / Baron Mordo.

Character Bio - A power-hungry former student of the Ancient One, Baron Mordo defied his teacher's orders not to seek the Dread Dormammu, later sacrificing both his mother and grandfather to the Hell Lord. The Ancient One, knowing of this, decided to train a sorcerer powerful enough to challenge Mordo - the person in question happening to be Stephen Strange. Mordo was immediately resentful of Strange when the latter began his training at Kamar-Taj, and once magically gagged him when he walked in on one of Mordo's plots - the plot failed, nonetheless, Strange became the Ancient One's disciple, and Baron Mordo left.
Since then, Mordo has been a perennial thorn in Doctor Strange's side, as well as a regular servant of a number of demonic overlords, including Mephisto and, most commonly, the Dread Dormammu. Mordo is an extremely accomplished sorcerer, his talents including a mastery of the arts of hypnotism and mesmerism, as well as the ability (and, more to the point, the willingness) to bend dark energies to his will, though doing so may often backfire. It is these talents that have made him a match for Doctor Strange time and again.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Baron Mordo can use his Hypnotic Control special power to take a turn with a Hypnotized Unique Hero before taking a turn himself. Current Hypnotized Unique Heroes.
  • When using Dark Arts Empowerment, Baron Mordo may add 1 to his Attack number for each Order Marker on the card of a Hell Lord you control. Current Hell Lords.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a Manipulative figure, when Baron Mordo attacks Jewel, she rolls one fewer defense die, due to her Psychological Vulnerability special power.
  • As a figure with the Magical Defense special power, Baron Mordo may inflict more than one wound in a single attack when attacking a figure with the Magical Defense special power and figures with the Magical Defense special power may inflict more than one wound on Baron Mordo in a single attack.. Current figures with the Magical Defense special power.
  • As a figure with the Magical Defense special power, Baron Mordo interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Splash; August 2nd, 2022 at 04:00 PM. Reason: png
Old April 15th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Design Phase

NAME = BARON MORDO
SECRET IDENTITY = KARL AMADEUS MORDO

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SORCERER
PERSONALITY = MANIPLUATIVE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 265

HYPNOTIC ARTS
When Baron Mordo defends against a normal attack from a Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces, if there are any excess shields, the attacking Hero has the Hypnotized personality instead of what is listed on its Army Card for the remainder of the round.

HYPNOTIC CONTROL
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Baron Mordo, you may choose a Unique Hero with the Hypnotized personality. Take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero.

DARK ARTS EMPOWERMENT
When attacking with Baron Mordo, you may add 1 to his Attack number for each unrevealed Order Marker on this card and the cards of Hell Lords you control. If you do, at the end of Baron Mordo's turn, roll an unblockable attack die against Baron Mordo.

MAGICAL DEFENSE

When Baron Mordo is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Baron Mordo can take for this attack is one.

SUPERSTRENGTH

FLYING

Original Design
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Ronin; March 15th, 2021 at 06:23 PM. Reason: text trimming
Old April 15th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Hard as ice

NAME = MESMERISE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SPELL
POINTS = 15 POINTS?

Immediately before an opponent's figure within 3 clear sight spaces of this figure rolls attack dice for a normal attack against this figure, you may cast this spell to subtract 3 dice from that figure's attack for the remainder of the turn.

NAME = HYPNOTISE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SPELL
POINTS = 25 POINTS?

Instead of attacking with this figure, you may cast this spell to choose a Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of this figure. If you do, remove 1 Order Marker at random from that figure's Army Card and that figure has the personality of Hypnotized for the remainder of the round.

Original Design
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 12th, 2017 at 06:15 PM.
Old April 15th, 2017, 02:01 PM
Hard as ice

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 15th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, we’ve hashed out this guy a lot, and you probably know what I’m going for here (if
you’re wondering about anything, though, please ask), and so I’m just going to put my Preliminary Test here (which, yes, is going to be a thing with my designs. )

Name Of The Playtest Units: Baron Mordo, Mesmerise

Preliminary Test

Map: Draugur (no glyphs, normal snow, normal ice)
Armies:
Baron Mordo (265 points), Deathstroke, Zombie, Mesmerise (35 points) (700)
vs.
Captain America (C3G), Bucky, Doctor Strange, Wong (690)

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 15th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Really wish we didn't need the "no negation" clause, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in fixing Strange, so I guess we're stuck with it. It's a shame, because I think being able to move away from that would leave a little room to get the Mesmerize/Hypnotic Arts interaction working a little more fluidly.

I've already weighed in on this one plenty, though, and I think it's in a pretty good place.
Old April 15th, 2017, 02:41 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'd push harder for the strange fix, personally. We need to bypass the reeveal process if it makes sense to, IMO.
Old April 15th, 2017, 02:59 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I'd push harder for the strange fix, personally. We need to bypass the reeveal process if it makes sense to, IMO.
As much as I have problems with Sorcerer Supreme, I fear you may have problems here - you'd be changing how he works pretty fundamentally. How would you go about changing it?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 15th, 2017, 03:30 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

To my knowledge he was never play tested with Sorcerer Supreme. At least, not in the sense that he was tested against other MD users. So that makes it easier, if that's the case. Then it just comes down to an in depth discussion between those of us who have used him extensively, and especially the CRB, to cover us from a competitive standpoint, and just tweak it to not be so devastating. Strange has a lot going for him for his point value, so I can't see that aspect being needed a bit as something that would make him not a good unit.

Perhaps 2-3 playtests with the proposed changes, from those of us that can put a quick turn around, and we're golden. If you set out to do it, there's really no reason we can't have it hashed out completely within 2 weeks.
Old April 15th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
To my knowledge he was never play tested with Sorcerer Supreme. At least, not in the sense that he was tested against other MD users. So that makes it easier, if that's the case. Then it just comes down to an in depth discussion between those of us who have used him extensively, and especially the CRB, to cover us from a competitive standpoint, and just tweak it to not be so devastating. Strange has a lot going for him for his point value, so I can't see that aspect being needed a bit as something that would make him not a good unit.

Perhaps 2-3 playtests with the proposed changes, from those of us that can put a quick turn around, and we're golden. If you set out to do it, there's really no reason we can't have it hashed out completely within 2 weeks.
But only if you get Hero support - also, how do you propose maintaining the basic idea of Sorcerer Supreme without making it so deadly? Unless you have a plan, things could be problematic.
Should I put this guy on hold? I doubt it, at least for a while - like with Daimon, I imagine we'll want to get the spell hashed out separately first, and that doesn't broach any questions with Strange.

~Lazy Orang, noting that you can probably pull out things like the 'Speedster vs. Speedster' argument from Professor Zoom's book that resulted in a change to Speed Dodge - of course, this is a tad more complicated than that.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 15th, 2017, 04:04 PM

The desire to rework Sorcerer Supreme is already there. It just needs someone to spear head it and really push it along to make it happen.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ge#post2130014

The discussion on that page shows we're all in agreement that Sorcerer Supreme has issues, and now with Mordo, it seems like the best time to make sure we get that sorted rather than further cementing Sorcerer Supreme in its current state. It needs an active passionate member to push it through, and I feel between you, Ronin, myself, and TrollBrute, we all have the quick turn around on testing if we can decide on a proposed fix for it.
Old April 15th, 2017, 06:45 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
The desire to rework Sorcerer Supreme is already there. It just needs someone to spear head it and really push it along to make it happen.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ge#post2130014

The discussion on that page shows we're all in agreement that Sorcerer Supreme has issues, and now with Mordo, it seems like the best time to make sure we get that sorted rather than further cementing Sorcerer Supreme in its current state. It needs an active passionate member to push it through, and I feel between you, Ronin, myself, and TrollBrute, we all have the quick turn around on testing if we can decide on a proposed fix for it.
Not to clog up this thread anymore but I'm also open to Dr. Strange adjustments. I'm just clearly not in shape to be spearheading anything right now. I still have designs of my own waiting on me to run initials.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library