Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards
Official Units and Spell Cards Discussion of official AotP units and spell cards

Old July 8th, 2016, 07:07 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
The Book of Kessig Ravagers, The Book of Kessig Rangers

The Book Kessig Ravagers/Kessig Rangers
Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers Shadows over Innistrad

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - TBA
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 18th, 2016, 09:29 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Kessig Ravagers, The Book of Kessig Rangers

Any ideas on how best to use these guys?

Looks to me like the Rangers start, move in, attack, switch, and the Ravagers go in the next turn. Or the Ravagers pull out, switch to Rangers and the Rangers can shoot from range later.

The low-ish range on the Rangers and the higher move on the Ravagers makes it a tough call, IMO. I kind of feel like the Ravagers will generally be more useful.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old July 18th, 2016, 09:40 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Honestly, In a lot of games you're fine never swapping them from the ranged side. It's so much easier to maintain height/not be in range of their attacks.

Basically you just want to dump pump spells onto these guys and then use 'Hunt At Dawn' to double tap units from afar. In both Arlinn and Kiora squads these guys are super nuts.
Old July 18th, 2016, 10:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

It really depends on the map, If you have to move into a position in where you are going to be attacked more, I flip them to get the bigger defensive bonus. I use the ranged side until I get up in the mix, then they go werewolf and brawl it up. Also a decent strategy for the planeswalker that does the same thing.

Old December 25th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Having an argument do these guys get two attacks or attack each figure within range?

EDIT: So going to reword since I was hoping for a quick answer, but since the game is over I will be more specific.

My brother had the kessig rangers in his army. He believed he got to attack each figure in range + one more attack as the card says for the first attack each turn you may attack an additional time. So he argued it is his first attack against that figure so he may attack and get another first attack against the next figure and so on. When I had first read the card I thought it was double attack and the one other game I had played abiut a week ago we treated it as double attack. We got an outside third party who said it was double attack as third party argued the other way seemed too powerful. Did we play it right? Or did we cheat my brother? Btw he won anyway, so he wasn't cheated too much.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; December 26th, 2017 at 01:06 AM. Reason: longer explanation
Old December 26th, 2017, 12:56 AM
"like" happy

It looks like one of them may attack one additional time. If ranged. Not both. It says choose one.

Old December 26th, 2017, 01:25 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
Having an argument do these guys get two attacks or attack each figure within range?

EDIT: So going to reword since I was hoping for a quick answer, but since the game is over I will be more specific.

My brother had the kessig rangers in his army. He believed he got to attack each figure in range + one more attack as the card says for the first attack each turn you may attack an additional time. So he argued it is his first attack against that figure so he may attack and get another first attack against the next figure and so on. When I had first read the card I thought it was double attack and the one other game I had played abiut a week ago we treated it as double attack. We got an outside third party who said it was double attack as third party argued the other way seemed too powerful. Did we play it right? Or did we cheat my brother? Btw he won anyway, so he wasn't cheated too much.
Yeah, it just gives one of them double attack for the turn. I can see where it would be misunderstood, but at least in Heroscape, for example, powers will always specifically state if they can continue attacking until a certain condition is met (like not inflicting a wound). Here the condition is just the first attack of the turn, the figure is less important.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old December 26th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you two for the answer.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards