Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 12th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
After seeing similar threads for books, and music, I figured why not one for video games?
I wouldn't mind seeing similar 'currently' threads for board games.
Here you are.

I am currently working through Stone Age and Pandemic with my wife and cousins. We also just bought Ticket to Ride, but have not yet played it.

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old February 12th, 2009, 12:06 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Last Night on Earth!

Really loving it! Can't wait to play again!
Old February 12th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played several games of Sorry! Sliders tonight.
I can't get enough of this game. Very simple and fun and a great way to get my whole family engaged.

It was created by Heroscape's own Craig Van Ness, and as in Heroscape, I see a big potential for customization - especially with multiple boards.
Several sets could yield a Sorry! Sliders minature golf-type layout.
Heh, heh.

Here's an endless board my son and I created today. This was only possible with one set because I called Parker Bros. for replacement boards and received them today. My concern was with the light-colored rings on the yellow and green boards. If you look at the photo below, you can see they are not even on all sides. A bit frustrating, but even my replacement boards were off-center. Someone on BGG.com realized that even the images in the rules sheet had off-center boards. Guess it's the nature of the beast, huh?

Also, my son and I recently played a dogfight with Series III Wings of War miniatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
After seeing similar threads for books, and music, I figured why not one for video games?
Here you are.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Here you are.

I am currently working through Stone Age and Pandemic with my wife and cousins. We also just bought Ticket to Ride, but have not yet played it.

~ET86
I don't own any of those games, but I have played Ticket to Ride.
Old February 12th, 2009, 12:32 AM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Scrabble never goes too long without being set up at our house. Nor does Connect Four (not really a board game, but close enough).

On the subject of Ticket to Ride- I've only played the XBOX360 arcade version, but what fun. I totally plan on getting a 'hard' copy.

We have the "A Game of Thrones" board game and the expansion unopened... been sitting on the shelf for months. We really need to get that out and play it; excited about that one.
Old February 12th, 2009, 03:56 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart

after a couple of weeks my usual group of friend spent playing Agricola, I'm looking forward for some games of Okko, this Friday.
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:00 AM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

Last Night on Earth is always a staple. BattleLore is my new #1 game and we play it often. Sold some stuff on eBay and looking forward to receiving Pillars of the Earth, Dungeon Twister, and Pandemic in the mail tomorrow. The wife is hooked on Lost Cities.

My Recent Plays:
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:44 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikkRikk View Post
Sold some stuff on eBay and looking forward to receiving Pillars of the Earth, Dungeon Twister, and Pandemic in the mail tomorrow. The wife is hooked on Lost Cities.
Pillars of Earth is one of my groups favorites. We usually aren't huge fans of Euros, but this one clicks with us for some reason. Dungeon Twister is great as long as you have two like minded, analytical players. It takes a good deal of tactical thought and can be a really solid game.

Recently I've been playing a ton of Tide of Iron. It's really hitting that sweet spot of depth just above Memoir '44 and below ASL. I've found it to be a really rewarding two player tactics game. Lots of fun.

I also just snagged Diplomacy while Barnes & Noble was having a clearance sale. I'm going to be playing that tomorrow night with a big group. I haven't played it since college and I'm looking forward to all the back stabbing and treachery that will surely ensue.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old February 12th, 2009, 09:20 AM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Pillars of Earth is one of my groups favorites. We usually aren't huge fans of Euros, but this one clicks with us for some reason. Dungeon Twister is great as long as you have two like minded, analytical players. It takes a good deal of tactical thought and can be a really solid game.

Recently I've been playing a ton of Tide of Iron. It's really hitting that sweet spot of depth just above Memoir '44 and below ASL. I've found it to be a really rewarding two player tactics game. Lots of fun.
Glad to hear your comments on those two games. I'm really looking forward to them both.

I would LOVE to give Tide of Iron a shot. Not in the cards with the current group of options, though. Might have to wait until son grows up to have the chance.

My Recent Plays:
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I have over 500 board and card games (although I've been trading away some to get more Heroscape). You can take a look at what I own here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collect...er/quozl?own=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 12th, 2009, 10:37 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

Risk Godstorm & Acquire got them a couple of weeks ago 50% off from a local Go games! Also Settlers doesn't get old, also just picked up Age of Empires III & Beowulf a couple of days ago from my local Barnes and Noble at 50% off, can't wait to play Age of Empires heard a lot of good things.
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Played Sorry Sliders and Formula D! last week and had a blast. Tonight it will be some good ole' fashioned Heroscape (getting back to the basics!)

Newb.
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Battlestar Galactica by e-mail.

Played the new Catan Geographies: Germany the other night, as well as Snow Tails.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games