Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 7th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
GreyOwl's Customization Tools-10/11 Cust. Compendium 2nd ed.

Customizing Compendium

Click on the book cover to download the PDF (11 MB).

(1st edition)
--broken link --

Abbreviations used in this list:

XT - extra text area (for special abilities, similar to Master Woo's card)
DO - destructible objects
MO - melee objects

All card template borders include an "overhang" folder, which contains the same borders with a 1/8" border around the edges to make it easier to cut without showing any white around the edges.

Classic HeroScape Tools

Card Templates

NOTE: Aquilla borders and backgrounds are thanks to Griffin. Although I modified them somewhat to fit into my templates, a great majority of the work on these was done by Griffin. Thanks again! Other
Modern HeroScape ("Marvel") Tools
Card Templates
Other
  • --broken links ----------------------------------------------
  • Flying Logos (old one by Allskulls and new one by Griffin)
  • Superstrength Logo
  • NM24 Logos
    --------------------------------------------------------------
  • Comic Publisher Logos (2000 AD, Crossgen, Crusade, Danger Girl, Dark Horse, DC, Image, Marvel, Mavel MC2, Ultimate Marvel, Marvel Zombies, Top Cow, Vertigo)
  • Base Stickers

Probability Calculator

An Excel spreadsheet to caculate probabilites of various Heroscape dice combinations. Great for balancing your customs, since not everything is as intuitive as it first seems. Supports:
  • Probability of rolling at least a certain number of one type (skull, shield, etc.) on any # of dice.
  • Probability of causing any # of wounds given a certain Attack and Defense value. Includes support for auto skulls, auto shields, and each skull or shield rolled counting as more than 1. Show average # of attacks required to cause the damage and the average # of rounds needed to cause it.
  • Probability of rolling a certain # or higher on a 20-sided die.
Download: Probability Tool--broken link --

Last edited by A3n; November 2nd, 2022 at 07:13 AM.
Old August 7th, 2007, 03:40 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Seriously, these are fantastic tools. My City of Customs got so much better with these. Such an awesome service for the community! Great work!

Old August 7th, 2007, 05:48 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yes they are amazing, if I ever decide to make my own superhero cards, I'll definately use everything here. Great collection GreyOwl!

Old August 7th, 2007, 09:45 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
These are excellent GreyOwl!! :banana: (I always wanted to use that emoticon)

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
I was wondering if someone had made a Marvelscape base sicker, and here it is. Thank you!

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
This is great, very nice. Now, if only we had some GIMP templates with the Text already allocated with the correct font, unfortunately, that font is apparently not with most PC's, shame.

I use Comic Sans MS Bold for most of my stuff, while in no way near official, it gives them the nice Comic book style
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:59 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Updated the first post so it is more readable. The font settings are now in a downloadable PDF file. I also added several logos I commonly use.

As far as GIMP templates, I don't know anything about that since I don't use GIMP. I use Photoshop for images and composite the card image layers and text in Microsoft Publisher. I could provide those templates, but they aren't worth much without the fonts. They're also set up as mail merge templates to pull in all my card data from Excel, so they won't be useful without the whole package (can you tell I'm a programmer ? ). It's nice, because if I want to change something on a card, I just update the text in Excel and Publisher rebuilds the completed card. Piece of cake!

I'd like to eventually get the Excel/Publisher system more user friendly so others can use it, but it isn't quite there yet. It's a pain to set up and maintain, though actually using it is pretty simple. I think allskulls was going to try it out but I haven't heard back how it went.
Old August 8th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl
I'd like to eventually get the Excel/Publisher system more user friendly so others can use it, but it isn't quite there yet. It's a pain to set up and maintain, though actually using it is pretty simple. I think allskulls was going to try it out but I haven't heard back how it went.
Sorry, I hadn't got back to you. I just upgraded to Office 2007 and I opened up the files to see what I can do but I haven't spent much time with it yet. It does seem like it would be pretty simple once I dive into it. A tutorial would help the process
Old August 8th, 2007, 01:31 AM

BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker
Glade you shared this with the community of Heroscapers. Will take full advantage of this , thank you again
Old August 8th, 2007, 02:21 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
I use Photoshop for images and composite the card image layers and text in Microsoft Publisher. I could provide those templates, but they aren't worth much without the fonts. They're also set up as mail merge templates to pull in all my card data from Excel, so they won't be useful without the whole package (can you tell I'm a programmer ? ). It's nice, because if I want to change something on a card, I just update the text in Excel and Publisher rebuilds the completed card. Piece of cake!

I have all of the appropriate software and fonts. Can I have a copy (with some brief instructions on how to set it up)? It certainly seems like it would save you time.
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:28 AM

I will package it up and send you a link to download it. You can be a beta-tester! By the way, you will need the Excel and Microsoft Publisher versions from Office 2007.
Old August 8th, 2007, 09:38 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
I will package it up and send you a link to download it. You can be a beta-tester! By the way, you will need the Excel and Microsoft Publisher versions from Office 2007.
So 2003 version won't cut the mustard?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations