Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Notices

Old July 3rd, 2020, 12:07 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ranjitness

Not really much to say about the Queen as she was a dud in that game. Zetacron and Himmelskralle are a bit higher on the variance front and what Ranjit did was make that variance a little bit better (although the just as likely Zetacron whiff on Raelin would've hurt). However since you can only devote one OM, if that OM ends up going poorly (like what happened with the MWs), you're in trouble. Rats were a really good play here and I do think it's very likely the best Ranjit builds have rats. I don't yet know if it's too powerful a dial, but if something is going to break him, it's going to be a build like what AYP ran.

~Dysole, whose plan would have gone fine if not for variance going very much in AYP's favor early game
Old July 3rd, 2020, 01:38 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 1 until 7/5

I do not think Rajint+Rats builds are even close to a Q9/Rats/rae/hydra build.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 02:26 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
The lefton4ya v. Dompredator77 pool of armies is:
* Hunting Party: Mohican River Tribe x4, Mawka Tribesman x1, Himmelskralle, Raelin (RotV)
* ENGAGEMENT STRIKERS: Cathar Spearmen x1, Nakita Agents, Greater Ice Elemental x1, Motley Max, Siiv
Dompredator77 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, lefton4ya chooses who places first.
@lefton4ya will play is Hunting Party against @DomPredator77 and his ENGAGEMENT STRIKERS @ Thursday @ 5:30PM EST/3:30PM MST.
Game Flow
Spoiler Alert!

Mawka Tribesman Review:
Spoiler Alert!

Motley Max Review:
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 4th, 2020, 06:44 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I played against flameslayer this afternoon

Point Total
Map: the round 1 map
Glyphs: Valda, Wannok

vegietarian18 - Army: Ranjit Singh, Rygarn, B-11 Resistance Fighters, Izumi Samurai, Marro Warriors, Tarn Viking Warriors
Player 2 - Army: Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x4, Raelin (RotV)

Which units survived?

General Battle Report/Flow of game: The game started off going pretty solidly in my favor, with Ranjit boosted squads blasting through the first couple Bugbears and the Goblins as they came out. But once I started to lose a few members of each squad things rapidly went downhill as the Goblins were still full force. The third bugbear was basically unstoppable as he had a horde of Goblins around him and expendable rabble, and he was buffing the Goblins to have 3 attack. I conceded with Rygarn and 2 Izumi left against 2 Bugbears Raelin and maybe 7 or so Slashers left.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
I think this is kind of a random question since base stats and powers are so intertwined so I will just answer with yes. Ranjit was used every round but was a restriction on where I could place my OMs. Goblins used retreat every turn except once where they wanted to keep Wannok. Bugbear basher +1 to adjacent goblins came up a lot and was very good. Expendable Rabble was forgotten at first but once we found out they had that power it made it very futile to attack the Bugbears.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

Ranjit- He's a lot weaker than I had theoryscaped him out to be, although I didn't play the army great. Yes he's a cheaper Taelord that you don't have to move, but the combo of the OM and the general and the unique only restriction makes you do a lot of things you wouldn't normally do. The extremely unique heavy build that I had got a ton of benefit from Ranjit at first, but once it started losing members even the +1 attack firepower wasn't enough since I didn't have enough attacks per turn. I think he's probably at the right power level and his Rat builds are better to give the unique squads the consistency and safety they need.

Bugbear Basher- This guy seems really really good to me. Compared him head to head to like Concan. 25 points less, for -1 life and -1 attack and no flying, the Goblin +1 and Concan's +1/+1 to Sentinels are about even, but he has Bash and Expendable Rabble. And he also bonds with the Slashers who get his +1 attack, Concan has no bonding. He seems quite undercosted to me. I worry that he's so good as to be the only justifiable bonding choice for Slashers, especially since he's uncommon and you can just spam 4 of them like Flameslayer did.

Goblin Slashers- I don't really like them as a figure but I don't think they're overpowered or anything, just kind of weird. The strategic retreat ultimately doesn't feel very strategic, you should always do it since the Bugbear Basher is so good that you always want to bond with him. I didn't really have a massed common army but one thing you can do is try to shut them down from getting the strategic retreat by engaging more than 4. I guess if I think of them like Nagrubs for the Bugbear Basher I like them a little more but I think the Bugbear Basher probably needs some serious tuning down.
Old July 4th, 2020, 06:49 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Round 1

Just completed my game against vegie.

I played "Go Goblin, Go" and he played "Two R's Make A Unique Squad based Army".

I basically just charged in with goblins/bugbears, and used goblin strategic retreat a lot just for the bonding. I used the retreat a few times to sneak some goblins behind enemy line, just so that vegie would kill him off or risk his back lines taking damage. A couple of bugbears died pretty unspectacularly, but the third one I threw out got to give his attack aura to a bunch of goblin attacks. His forces slowly milled through my goblins, but in the end attrition won. I was helped out by him whiffing defense rolls a couple times against his higher defense units.

Raelin's participation was huge here, despite only taking two turns, one turn to position for the majority of the game, and a second time with Valda to charge at a B11 for both a reposition and a kill. Because I kept pressure on his ranged units, he wasn't able to get many shots at her so she stuck around until endgame.

Remaining troops:
Raelin 1 wound, 2 Bugbears (full life), 8 goblins.
Vegie concedes with Rygarn 1 wound, 2 Izumis.

Notes:
Strategic Retreat wasn't used 1 time, for Wannok purposes.
The Goblins are fast. Bonding with their heroes makes them play crazy fast, and gets them a lot of attacks per turn.
Expendable Rabble is nice, but I never used it for two reasons. 1) I'm an idiot who forgot it for the first 2 rounds. 2) I had Bugbears to spare. And, bonus 3) Raelin.
The army in general doesn't mind choke points, because they'll eventually break through. Or retreat until they can sneak around.

Good game vegie!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 4th, 2020, 09:59 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Rajint armies need Rats to compete vs Bonding armies me thinks.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 5th, 2020, 08:11 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Two clinics were put on in my game with @infectedsloth One by him on how to totally outmaneuver/outplay your opponent and one by me on how to mismanage Order Markers.

Its why he's last years Gen Con champ and I'm 1-12!

Fun game anyways.
Old July 5th, 2020, 08:55 PM

Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker

To start with shout outs to Toogwick_Tuk for being patient and helping me out a bit as this was my first online Heroscape game.

Point Total 500
Map: Valledonn Fortress
Glyphs: Valda, Wannok

Tankyteemo's - Army: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors
Toogwick_Tuk - Army: Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga, Theracus, Raelin (RotV), Himmelskralle, Guilty McCreech, Isamu

Which units survived?
full health Agga-Zemir, 6 Children of the Dark Star, 4 Marro Warriors

General Battle Report/Flow of game
The game opened with my opponent plopping Isamu on the movement glyph with Theracus covering his side. I moved up Children of the Dark Stars after realizing that I had unintentionally blocked Agga-Zemir in my start zone. I was then able to claim the glyph of Wannok while my failing to do any damage to either Tharacus or Isamu. My opponent used the rest of the round moving up with the Krav and Himmelskralle. Himmerskralle engaged my start zone and frankly I was pretty worried about him tearing up my start zone but fortunately for me he wasn't able to kill a single child before falling. The Krav however were pretty effective and did most of the damage to my army this game. The Children of the Dark Star were able to eventually take out Theracus and Isamu. Eventually they were able to surround Raelin out of position and were able to take her down. With Raelin gone the rest of the Krav and Guilty soon fell as well. Ranjit Singh proved rather tanky with his 6 health and took several attacks from Agga-Zemir and the Children of the Dark Stars before falling.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
Agga-Zemir: His movement powers allowed him to be easily manuvered around the battlefield despite my only putting, at max, 1 order marker on him. I did not use his Spreading Madness proved disruptive the few times it was used.

Ranjit Singh: His Lion of Punjab was used every round until my opponent was down to only guilty, the krav and Ranjit. It allowed greater mobility and attack for my opponents whole army. Diplomatic Subterfuge was only used once and losing an order marker did slow me down.

Any additional comments?
Agga-Zemir: Very cool unit. I'm kind of sad the point total wasn't a little higher as I would have liked to try him along side the other outsider hero but the army was fine with just the 1.

Ranjit Singh: Let's just say 5 attack Krav are very scary and the extra movement tile i'm sure was a nice add on as well. The unit did not seem over strong though and seems like a unit with a very high skill cap as the player needs to be able to properly manage the order markers across several cards.
Old July 5th, 2020, 11:05 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Round 2 is on Belly of the Beast (Wannok, Dagmar).

The AgentWard (1-0) v. wumpis (1-0) pool of armies is:
* The Outsiders Strike Back: Children of the Dark Star x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Agga-Zemir, Eldgrim
* Agressive Negotiation: deathknights of Valkrill x2, Ranjit Singh, Boreos, Krav Maga Agents, Marcu Esenwein
* I have a feeling someone else chose this army: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Raelin (RotV)
* Stab and burn 'em: 10th Regiment x4, Axentia, Isamu, Bol
wumpis chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, AgentWard chooses who places first.

The Sir Heroscape (1-0) v. BodaciousBlood (1-0) pool of armies is:
* The Noble and Great Ones: Knights of Weston x3, Axentia, Thorgrim, Eldgrim
* Doomsday: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors
* That's a spikey cactus!: Cathar Spearmen x3, Count Raymond, Motley Max, Marro Warriors
* Soulborg & Indians: Teeth of the Makwa x3, Mohican River Tribe x2, Zetacron, Makwa Tribesman x1, Brave Arrow
Sir Heroscape chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, BodaciousBlood chooses who places first.

The Tankyteemo (1-0) v. Knight of Scape (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Bees?: Amberhive Protectors x5, Amberhive Queen, Major Q10
* : Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors
* Rainbow Alliance: Ranjit Singh, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Zetacron, Marro Warriors, Siiv, Isamu
* Makwa Hunting Party: Teeth of the Makwa x5, Makwa Tribesman x1, Raelin (RotV), Kira Jax
Knight of Scape chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Tankyteemo chooses who places first.

The dok (1-0) v. flameslayer93 (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Majaratpodge: deathreavers x3, Ranjit Singh, Syvarris, Rygarn, Marro Warriors
* A Burning Sensation: Xualtiaca Fire Ants x5, Axentia, Siiv
* Shadows of Brimstone: Children of the Dark Star x3, Agga-Zemir, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Guilty McCreech
* Go Goblin, Go!: Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x4, Raelin (RotV)
flameslayer93 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, dok chooses who places first.

The All Your Pie (1-0) v. lefton4ya (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Eternal Darknessborne: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Patrick Ferguson, Isamu
* Embassy of Pain: deathreavers x3, Ranjit Singh, Himmelskralle, Marro Warriors, Guilty McCreech, Zetacron
* Hunting Party: Mohican River Tribe x4, Mawka Tribesman x1, Himmelskralle, Raelin (RotV)
* Pesky Swarm: Amberhive Protectors x2, Red Ants of Aunstrom x3, Amberhive Queen, Zetacron, Raelin (SotM)
All Your Pie chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, lefton4ya chooses who places first.

The Captain Stupendous (1-0) v. Kinseth (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Ranjit's Rowdy Crew: Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga Agents, Arktos, Varkanaan Swiftfangs, Zettian Guards, Isamu
* A Painful Exspearience: 12th Cacusus Rifles x3, Cathar Spearmen x2, Motley Max, Guilty McCreech
* : goblin slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Heirloom
* : Buccaneers of Tortuga x4, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Tribesman x2
Captain Stupendous chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Kinseth chooses who places first.

The Cuzmo_of_Gilead (1-0) v. infectedsloth (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Nilfheim to the Max: Greenscale Warriors x3, Nilfheim, Motley Max
* Marcus Rising: Roman Legionnaires x3, Axentia, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Marcu Esenwein
* : Knights of Weston x3, Sir Gilbert, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Makwa Tribesman x1
* : Red Ants of Aunstrom x5, Amberhive Queen, Axentia
infectedsloth chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Cuzmo_of_Gilead chooses who places first.

The Toogwick_Tuk (0-1) v. coachmuskie (0-1) pool of armies is:
* : Cathar Spearmen x3, Count Raymond, Motley Max, Arkmer
* : Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga, Theracus, Raelin (RotV), Himmelskralle, Guilty McCreech, Isamu
* Amber Bugs!: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah
* Goblins Galore!: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Urk
coachmuskie chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Toogwick_Tuk chooses who places first.

The Son of Arathorn (0-1) v. Ericth74 (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Bugs in Black: Amberhive Protectors x4, Sujoah, Krav Maga Agents, Isamu
* ALIENS: Children of the Dark Star x4, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors, Black Wyrmling x2
* A to Zeta: Honor Guard of the Blasted Land x4, Axentia, Zetacron
* Chain Gang: Marro Stingers x4, Motley Max, Tandros Kreel
Son of Arathorn chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Ericth74 chooses who places first.

The Dysole (0-1) v. Heroscaper Guy (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Snakes on a Flame: Venoc Vipers x5, Venoc Warlord, Axentia
* Bee Movie: Red Ants of Aunstrom x5, Amberhive Queen, Raelin (RotV), Kaemon Awa
* : Children of the Dark Star x4, Agga-Zemir, Airborne Elite
* : Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x4, James Murphy
Heroscaper Guy chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Dysole chooses who places first.

The Dompredator77 (0-1) v. vegietarian18 (0-1) pool of armies is:
* The new Goblins?: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Rygarn, Koggo
* ENGAGEMENT STRIKERS: Cathar Spearmen x1, Nakita Agents, Greater Ice Elemental x1, Motley Max, Siiv
* Two Rs Make A Unique Squad Based Army: Ranjit Singh, Rygarn, B-11 Resistance Fighters, Izumi Samurai, Marro Warriors, Tarn Viking Warriors
* Kaemon Raelin Bugs: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Kaemon Awa, Raelin (RotV)
vegietarian18 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Dompredator77 chooses who places first.

The mtl1998 (0-1) v. superfrog (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Ranjit's Rangers: Ranjit Singh, B-11 Resistance Corps, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Marro Warriors
* Raelin > Makwa Tribesman x2: Teeth of the Makwa x2, Mohican River Tribe x2, Makwa Tribesman x2, Raelin (RotV), Zetacron
* Two Kingdoms: Amberhive Protectors x3, Crypt Guardian x2, Amberhive Queen, Warden 816, Drow Chainfighter, Bol
* Feylund's Foes: Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Kaemon Awa, Marcu Esenwein
mtl1998 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, superfrog chooses who places first.

The capsocrates (0-1) v. Chris Perkins (0-1) pool of armies is:
* : B-11 Resistance Fighters, Brute Gruts, Axentia, Rygarn, Kursus
* : Children of the Dark Star x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Agga-Zemir, Guilty McCreech
* Weakness to Bug Spray: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah
* Ugly Orcs: Horned Skull Brutes x3, Goblin Cutters x3, Bugbear Basher x2, Isamu
Chris Perkins chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, capsocrates chooses who places first.

The heroscaper2010 (0-1) v. Scaperedude (0-1) pool of armies is:
* : Amberhive Protectors x5, Amberhive Queen, Cyprien Esenwein
* : Mohican River Tribe x4, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Tribesman x2
* Motley Bunch: Marro Stingers x3, Nakita Agents, Motley Max, Izumi Samurai
* The Frying Pan: Warforged Soldiers x4, Axentia
heroscaper2010 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Scaperedude chooses who places first.

Last edited by Dysole; July 6th, 2020 at 01:19 AM.
Old July 8th, 2020, 04:48 PM

Cuzmo_of_Gilead is surprisingly tart
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 2 until 7/19

The Cuzmo_of_Gilead (1-0) v. infectedsloth (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Nilfheim to the Max: Greenscale Warriors x3, Nilfheim, Motley Max
* Marcus Rising: Roman Legionnaires x3, Axentia, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Marcu Esenwein
* : Knights of Weston x3, Sir Gilbert, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Makwa Tribesman x1
* : Red Ants of Aunstrom x5, Amberhive Queen, Axentia
infectedsloth chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Cuzmo_of_Gilead chooses who places first.

This is happening at 6PM Central
Old July 8th, 2020, 06:51 PM

I.S.B.3 is surprisingly tart

Will be streaming infectedsloth vs Cuzin of Gilead game at 6 if they’re okay with it. If anyone is interested in watching and listening to some commentary check out my twitch channel. Channel is named Filthe
Old July 8th, 2020, 06:55 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Playing mtl1998 on Friday afternoon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting