Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 13th, 2014, 08:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd recommend going all the way to "Humans without Super Strength" for the restriction. That still gives him a pretty decently-sized pool to draw from, but without many theme breaks. Just "without Super Strength" gives him a lot of problematic Mutate/Mutant powers and similar. Being able to copy guys like Living Laser, Iceman, and MODOK is a little too weird.
Yeah, humans without SS would be a more realistic list of powers for him to mimic and might make it easier to balance point wise. I'm sure the competitive players will find a power to exploit if you leave it too open.
Old October 14th, 2014, 08:23 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd recommend going all the way to "Humans without Super Strength" for the restriction. That still gives him a pretty decently-sized pool to draw from, but without many theme breaks. Just "without Super Strength" gives him a lot of problematic Mutate/Mutant powers and similar. Being able to copy guys like Living Laser, Iceman, and MODOK is a little too weird.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 14th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I don't know Taskmaster, but seeing some of the debates on how best to represent his powers and looking him up on Wikipedia I have some ideas. How about:

Photographic Reflexes

At the start any turn, you may choose any Human without the Super Strength special power within 6 clear sight spaces of Taskmaster and choose that figure's Move, Range, Attack or Defence number or any special power on that figure's card. Until Taskmaster uses this choses another stat or special power with Photographic Reflexes, he may use the chosen number in place of his own or use the chosen special power. If the special power refers to the chosen figure or the chosen figure's card, it refers to Taskmaster or Taskmaster's card instead.

If people like this idea of Japes's

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Maybe instead of counter strike there could be some type of power where if Taskmaster is successfully attacked he would be able to add one automatic shield against that figure for the rest of the game. Sort of play on the whole I've seen your move now I can stop it easier aspect. But either probably work for him.
then something could be done with that as well. This guy seems like a really cool character with some awesome abilities I'd love to see represented. What do you guys think?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 14th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Flying might be weird for him to 'mimic'.

A concern, depending on his cost, would be Tactician. With Bane, Cap(Hasbro) and Task you could be adding a static +3 Attack and Defense to a ranged figure in a pod.
Punisher with a +3 is scary and with all the figures around 200 points(depending on Task's cost), you would still have enough left to add some extra defense at 1000.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 14th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Flying might be weird for him to 'mimic'.

A concern, depending on his cost, would be Tactician. With Bane, Cap(Hasbro) and Task you could be adding a static +3 Attack and Defense to a ranged figure in a pod.
Punisher with a +3 is scary and with all the figures around 200 points(depending on Task's cost), you would still have enough left to add some extra defense at 1000.
Photographic Reflexes

At the start any turn, you may choose any Human without the Super Strength special power within 6 clear sight spaces of Taskmaster and choose that figure's Move, Range, Attack or Defence number or any special power except Flying on that figure's card. Until Taskmaster uses this choses another stat or special power with Photographic Reflexes, he may use the chosen number in place of his own or use the chosen special power. If the special power refers to the chosen figure or the chosen figure's card, it refers to Taskmaster or Taskmaster's card instead.

Simple. You could even allow Flying - most of the time it'll be contraption-based anyway.
The Tactician boost is deadly, but, assuming this guy's coming in at 200 (he'll probably not do so, but it's a baseline), that's 610 points sunk into boosting Punisher - it'll be deadly while it lasts, but a very static pod that costs a lot. If this is a problem with Tactician, I'm almost wondering if a little change to Tactician so that it can only boost once would be a good idea - change 'adjacent to Bane' to 'adjacent to a figure with Tactician'?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 14th, 2014, 01:06 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'm almost wondering if a little change to Tactician so that it can only boost once would be a good idea - change 'adjacent to Bane' to 'adjacent to a figure with Tactician'?
That would just make it so someone adjacent to HasCap would get +2 A and D as long as Bane was alive.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old October 14th, 2014, 01:21 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

I've had an idea for a Taskmaster power and figured I might as well through it out while he's in the public design thread.

Predicted Movements 2
When Taskmaster rolls attack dice the defending figure rolls 1 fewer defense die for each skull rolled to a maximum of 2. A figure may not roll fewer than 1 defense die. When Taskmaster is attacked he may roll 1 additional defense die for each skull rolled up to a maximum of 2.

I was playing with this kind of power for a custom of my own and thought it would work well with Taskmaster. If you do use it feel free to make any changes you need

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
I'm almost wondering if a little change to Tactician so that it can only boost once would be a good idea - change 'adjacent to Bane' to 'adjacent to a figure with Tactician'?
That would just make it so someone adjacent to HasCap would get +2 A and D as long as Bane was alive.
Honestly, with everything else C3G's done, I think they could change Hasbro Cap in this way for C3G games - it would in no way effect how he works without C3G units and they've already added Secret Identities to the official heroes.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:47 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Honestly, with everything else C3G's done, I think they could change Hasbro Cap in this way for C3G games - it would in no way effect how he works without C3G units and they've already added Secret Identities to the official heroes.
Well, with that wording that would just mean they both give a weird double stack bonus. Each 'Tactician' is a separate power, so they both trigger. It doesn't do what you want it to do at all. I'm not sure how you would word it to limit it like you want, and it certainly doesn't seem worth the effort.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Adding a secret Identity is a large leap to changing the wording of a power.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Adding a secret Identity is a large leap to changing the wording of a power.
C3G's never tweaked official unit powers, and I don't really see why we should start now. Just so Taskmaster can give himself a slightly larger boost? That wouldn't be reason enough to change a C3G unit, much less try to append rulings and changes to the Hasbro ones.

Anyway, I've mulled it over a bit for the last couple days, and I think my ideal powerset for Tasky would just grab Mimic from Echo and Calculated Defense from Deathstroke and call it a day. Tempting as it is to let him mimic special powers, I think that's a lot of complication for some questionable theme, even in a fairly restricted pool of units. And if you're letting him mix mimicking stats and powers, you're gonna have a bad time. (Master Swordplay and 7 Attack? Why not?)
Old October 14th, 2014, 11:39 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

I would enjoy playing with any type of Taskmaster, I don't care how it ends up, I know it would be awesome.(whenever he is made even it it takes years don't matter to me) I just like seeing the process of how you guys go through the process, it's cool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy